Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q-School 2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Aaron Monk and Jeffrey Sparidaans the 2 tour card winners today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Could/would any Irish players insist on the playing in the Euro qualifier? Hard to see how they could be stopped (EU citizen 'working' in an EU country) though the PDC seems to have always directed them to the UK & Ireland qualifier.

Now that both give out roughly the same number of cards (used to be skewed to the UK/Ire qualifier) there's a case for saying that the Euro one might be the way to go.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Irish players are not permitted to play the Euro qualifiers. The UK qualifier is officially the UK and Ireland qualifier so they have to play in that. It's a bit annoying as non-eu players have the choice in what one they want to play in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Michael Flynn and Dylan Slevin draw each other in first round. Culleton v Jake Jones, Heneghan v Robert Collins, Rosney v Reece Robinson

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Dylan Slevin and Conor Heneghan are both through to the L64.

Michael Flynn, Niall Culleton and Stephen Rosney were all beaten in the L128.

• Advertisement

Early exit for Fallon. 6-1 loss to Daryl Pilgrim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Would have had a rematch against Ryan Harrington from yesterday in the Last 64 if she had got through but not to be.

Shane McGuirk currently in a tough game against Andy Hamilton who just took out 142 to level it at 2-2.

McGuirk lost 6-4. Slevin into last 32 after a 6-2 win and now has 2 points minimum overall. At least 3 of the top nine from yesterday wont get points today

Conor Henaghan picks up a point

Heneghan through to L32. Slevin playing Graham Usher who has been impressive so far, think they played in the first phase on day and Slevin won it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Usher playing well : 3-0 up and averaging 107

Usher won 6-1. He's a good player and one of the favourites to get a card.

Jamie Lewis into the L32. I'd love it if he could win a card. World semi-finalist not that long ago until severe anxiety issues effected his game. He averaged in the 50's at one point but seems to have turned a corner and is playing well again.

Pascal Rupprecht plays Owen Roelofs in the euros now. Winner of that will reach 7 points on the Euro order of merit which should be the minimum needed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Heneghan into the last 16. Cadby in the semis of the Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Anyone take an educated guess at the half way mark as to how many points will get a tour card?

6 points should be enough in the UK school, 5 might even be enough if you have an very good leg difference.

6 probably needed in EU school with a decent leg difference.

Here are the links to last years points tables:

UK - UK Q-School Final Stage Live Order of Merit (dartsrankings.com)

EU - EU Q-School Final Stage Live Order of Merit (dartsrankings.com)

Karel Sedlacek vs Corey Caby in euro final

Cadby into the final. Almost threw it away, missed 6 match darts in the second last leg. Left 16 after 9 darts in the last leg and needed 6 more to take it out.

Keegan Brown is in the semis. Jamie Lewis out in the quarters.

• Advertisement

Cadby gets his tour card. He'll have a major impact on the tour this year going by how well he played today

Cadby wins it. Powered through the last 3 legs to win 6-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Usher wins UK final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

That's about my average when you factor in the low percentage doubling as well; I couldn't fathom averaging that on scoring alone!

Shane McGuirk vs Dan Read

Stephen Rosney vs Shaun Fox

Conor Henaghan bye

Michael Flynn vs Adam Mould

Niall Culleton bye

Dylan Slevin vs Danny Lauby

The lads who have games are all winnable ties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Both McGurik and Slevin make it through. Slevin has been playing very, very well for the whole week.

McGuirk was lucky against Read. Read missed a number of match darts and McGuirk was just about able to take advantage.

Michael Flynn through. He hit a 104 avg

• Advertisement

Some comeback win for Slevin against Mitchell. Losing 5-0 and checks out 144 to win deciding leg with Mitchell sitting on 93

Advertisement