Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭cena

WWE going down dumps again with Vince back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,609 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That's a bit of a shock and really makes things very interesting. I'm sure she has money in the bank (reference not intended) and atm Trips still extremely high up to the chain

Reckon there could be more twists in this enthralling tale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,290 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Can someone explain to me why Sasha Banks seems to be such a big deal?

I have never once seen what the fascination with her is, other than she happens to be the daughter of Snoop Dogg.

She has fake charisma. From what I can tell from any interview she has ever done, she is arrogant beyond compare, isn't particularly likeable, doesn't evoke any feelings of being larger than life, yet seems to think she is worth the same amount of money as Becky Lynch.

Good luck to her with her new gig, but Christ, she's not actually a big deal. Or am I seriously missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,191 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

She's Snoop's cousin.

Honestly I don't think she's worth the hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,290 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭Riddle101

There are a few things that strike me about Sasha Banks and her success over the years.

1) Triple H picked her out as one of the Four Horsewomen of NXT and built a women's division around them which grew over time. One could argue her success came from WWE's hype machine but also because she's been a big part of the women's division for years being presented as one of their top female wrestlers and has been in some of their most memorable matches. It's hard not to see her as a big deal after all the exposure she's had from WWE and it's not surprising that a lot of wrestling promotions are interested in her. She is a Four Horsewomen after all.

2) Her skills are subject to debate. Some might consider her overrated, but she has delivered over the years inside the ring as well. She also has a fairly marketable gimmick if you ask me that can tap into any portion of the WWE fanbase, and her charisma is pretty decent. I mean she does seem popular with the casual fans and it's really the casual who WWE should be focusing on.

3) While her personality might be considered arrogant, maybe even delusional at times, it's also what helped her achieve success in WWE. Wrestling has always seemed to be geared towards the idea that "ego is good" and it can't help that WWE encourages that kind've mindset. WWE is probably just as much to blame for Sasha's personality because they probably enabled her. Plus nearly all the top stars in WWE history had an ego and some would probably be considered much worse than Sasha. Is she likable? Not really, but she shows confidence and conviction in herself, and wrestling fans seem to love those types of wrestlers. It is also why CM Punk became so successful I think.

Other than that, all I can say is that it's going to be interesting to see how other wrestling promotions deal with Sasha's ego. Is she gonna pull a hissy fit every time she's asked to lose a match? Or when she isn't happy about something? Or will the other wrestling promotions cater to her every whim? I mean if she was willing to walk out of WWE, who knows what other promotions she might walk from if she's unhappy? She seems kind've untrustworthy to me, but it wouldn't stop other wrestling promotions from hiring her I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

John Cena is slated to face Austin Theory at WrestleMania 39 in April.

- Wrestling Observer Radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Re: Sasha Banks.

Agreed. Over rated and comes off as so egotistical. The type that if you were around her she'd do your head in.

Let's be honest tho lads, she has a rocking body and a great arse. I fear that for many a male wrestling fan that is enough and her selling point.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

D von is no longer working for wwe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Sirsok

D'von clear your table!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,191 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't think I've heard of Reelz, but it's going to be the new home of MLW in the States

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Pinkman

What does everyone think of this story that Austin has been offered a huge payday to face Reigns at Mania? Since he appeared online his odds of winning the Rumble have gone from 100/1 to 8/1 on oddschecker. Meltzer saying he was offered Lesnar and not Reigns so who knows although Lesnar would make no sense given Austin is hardly going take German suplex bumps. The biggest matches they could do for Mania if Rock is available is Rock v Reigns main event one night and Austin v Cena on the other. From Austin's point of view he would be better facing someone who will sell like crazy like KO did, so Rollins or Theory would fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I hope whoever pitched Lesnar for Austin was put on probation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭Riddle101

On paper, Stone Cold Steve Austin Vs Brock Lesnar would be a dream feud but given Austin's age and time spent out of the ring, I don't know if it would meet people's expectations though. I guess the selling point of the match is that it could be more of a spectacle like Rock/Hogan at WM18 rather than a traditional wrestling match.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Guess it's just Sheamus & Drew McIntyre from now on.

But I find the headline absolutely a little hard to believe. Surely SOMEONE in that company must've gone, hang on a minute folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There’s loads of people working there and you’d think someone would do a quick Google search to double check. It happened in 2015 when Becky and Charlotte and Sasha debuted on the main roster and the original name was something less then PG.

edit: they mention this in the story actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Note: I've just deleted an event thread that had major unannounced spoilers for the upcoming event in the OP. It might be the world's worst kept secret but creating a thread based on rumours from the internet is not the correct way to start a PPV/PLE thread.

Added to the issue there wasn't even any discussion point just a pile of the article quoted with no comments added by the user in question themselves, it's just not acceptable.

This is the rumours thread and those type of link dumps can be posted here for future notice. We would prefer if you added your own thoughts as well of course as this is a discussion forum.

Sorry @Necro but I didn't post here as no "chat" allowed and I thought a separate thread on the ppv was needed, apologies I'll know in future

• Advertisement

Tbh he seemed to be moving fine on Raw 30

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arthur Fent

He's not paralysed. Flair said recently, that Hogan can't feel his legs at all after a recent back surgery. He's pain free, but no feeling at all. The severed the nerves apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Lanny Poffo died at 68. Rip dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

When will MITB general sale tickets be on sale lads?

At a guess in a few weeks

Instant sell out I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yeh assumed they’d be snapped up. Getting back into WWE recently and wouldn’t mind going over - have seen enough UFC live and withered from it - never been to anything other than a house show for Pro Wrestling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Summerslam is headed to Ford Field in Detroit on August 5th

Jerry Lawler rushed to hospital

• Advertisement

Had a stroke apparently

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his loved ones. Let's hope he pulls through

Advertisement