Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 NFL season - Regular Season Thread - Picks etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

Some great points there. Great time to be a fan when your team is on the up like that and things seem to be falling into place. I'm hoping Jets and Lions fans will be feeling something similar over the next couple of seasons.

Yeah I fully intend to keep it going for the playoffs so I'll see you in here for another few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

10-6 so 161- 110 for the regular season. There were two really poor weeks which if I’d done even remotely better on, I’d have been near or under 100 incorrect ones. Again thanks to Paulie for keeping it going again and I think the one thread is a good way to go. It kept it all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Wildcard Round

Seahawks @ 49ers

Chargers @ Jaguars

Dolphins @ Bills

Giants @ Vikings

Ravens @ Bengals

Cowboys @ Buccaneers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Finished up 9-7 with a final total of 149-122. Rough season after missing the first week , but at least I got it back above 0.500 - what a year it has been for weird results and upsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭cosatron

10-6 last week 173-99 for the year. An honourable top 5 pick, always picking the packers was my downfall this year and probably next year aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I reckon I won that except I missed the first 5 or 6 rounds.

This wknd am going for 49ers, Chargers, Bills, Vikings, Bengals, Cowboys.

175 - 97 overall

Wildcard Round

Seahawks @ 49ers

Chargers @ Jaguars

Dolphins @ Bills

Giants @ Vikings

Ravens @ Bengals

Cowboys @ Buccaneers

49ers, Bills and Bengals the strong favourites in their games. The other three are a bit closer to call. Cowboys should have enough but Tom is Tom so you never know. Really hard to call the other two. Vikings have been good at winning close games all season and I expect this to be another one. Chargers v Jaguars is a coin toss. Going with the Chargers on the road as they are the better team.

175 - 97 coming in:

Seahawks @ 49ers

Chargers @ Jaguars

Dolphins @ Bills

Giants @ Vikings

Ravens @ Bengals

Cowboys @ Buccaneers

Absolutely nothing I've seen this season makes me think the Bucs are good enough to win this game ,yet all my years of watching Brady at this time of year just won't let me pick against him. In fairness, on the flip side of that, I've seen plenty of great looking Cowboys teams fall apart this time of year too so that also factors in to the decision.

I came very close to picking the Jags here as well but just couldn't do it. We're all used to the Chargers Chargering in these situations and I really rate Pederson as a coach. But Lawrence didn't look great last week and they were lucky to come out of that Titans game with the win. Even without Mike Williams I think the Chargers should have enough to get it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭al87987

Seahawks @ 49ers - 49ers

Chargers @ Jaguars - Chargers

Dolphins @ Bills - Bills

Giants @ Vikings - Giants

Ravens @ Bengals - Bengals

Cowboys @ Buccaneers - Buccs

Think the Cowboys (and the Eagles for that matter) might be running out of gas down the stretch, so i'll go for Brady. Haven't been impressed with the Vikings all year either so will go for the Giants upset as they just seem to hang around and make every game tough. Chargers-Jags toughest to call for me, with Williams playing I'd easily go for Chargers but if he's not there it really does limit there explosiveness, still backing them though, just less confident. The other games pick themselves.

Thanks Paulie21

49ers to win it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Tom didn't break up with a world famous supermodel for a one and done in the wild card round. He'll win.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You make it sound like some sort of deal with the devil :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Seahawks @ 49ers

Chargers @ Jaguars

Dolphins @ Bills

Giants @ Vikings

Ravens @ Bengals

Cowboys @ Buccaneers

49ers really should win this one fairly easily, Bills should have no problems taking care of Miami and their 3rd string QB. With Jackson still out it's hard to see Baltimore winning but I could see them keeping it somewhat close.

The other games are a little harder to predict. The chargers really should be beating the Jags, they are a better team, but at this level coaching matters and Staley is a huge liability and with Mike Williams potentially less that 100% I'll side with Jacksonville here but not with much confidence.

The Giants could easily win in Minnesota but I just think Justin Jefferson will get enough big plays for the vikings to win a close one. Monday night is a tough one to call too, If Dallas is going to win they'd better be 2+ scores ahead with 2 mins to go. With their cornerback problems and Brady essentially running that offense now I can see a narrow Tampa win.

That would give us:

Min@SF

Tam@Phi

Jax@KC

Cin@Buf

I fancy a SF v Cincinnati superbowl.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Mike Williams downgraded to out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I'm really struggling to find any better explanation!

Seahawks @ 49ers

Chargers @ Jaguars

Dolphins @ Bills

Giants @ Vikings

Ravens @ Bengals

Cowboys @ Buccaneers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Wildcard Round

Seahawks @ 49ers

Chargers @ Jaguars

Dolphins @ Bills

Giants @ Vikings

Ravens @ Bengals

Cowboys @ Buccaneers

10 6 last week, 159 110 overall regular season record not baf for me, delighted to see my chargers in the playoffs, be tight game with the jags but think they edge it 28 31, pity that Tua and Lamar both look to be out leaves there match ups pretty one-sided looking

161-110 for the regular season

Seahawks @ 49ers

Chargers @ Jaguars

Dolphins @ Bills

Giants @ Vikings

Ravens @ Bengals

Cowboys @ Buccaneers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think most people including myself a Packer are hoping the Buffalo Bills finally win Super Bowl this year.

• Advertisement

Wildcard Round

Seahawks @ 49ers

Chargers @ Jaguars

Dolphins @ Bills

Giants @ Vikings

Ravens @ Bengals

Cowboys @ Buccaneers

Great 1st half. Seahawks right in this one.

complete performance by 49ers second half - defense really stepped up with the 2 turnovers

Well I went to bed pretty confident I would be 2 for 2 this morning….. wild card round is definitely giving its moneys worth so far!

That was the most chargers game of all time. I suspected the coaching would be a bit of a mismatch and so it proved.

What a start to the round. I think everyone knew there was a chance the Chargers would do something Chargery but there's no way I thought it could have been so extreme. Not to take away from the Jags second half but my god, the Chargers should never have let that happen. That's a psychological scar that will be very very hard to recover from.

That second half was a disaster. They are the first team in playoff history to have a +5 turnover number and lose. The main blame will go to the HC and it won’t help that Mike Williams was not playing last night.

Another incredible game. Miami had plenty of chances and just showed their inexperience at the wrong times. Hats off to them for making such a game of it though. Bills will need to take a huge step up if they're gonna go all the way from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So many young players, the experience will do them a lot of good. I'd expect them to be far more serious contenders next season.

And they've three picks in the first 37 to add more talent including the fifth pick.

Advertisement