Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

To be honest, it's not so much the company VPN but the fact that it's probably the most boring Lenovo Thinkpad you can imagine. Immensely powerful admittedly, but it's still just a drab machine without anything even remotely interesting about it, and a locked down Windows 10. I'm always happy when I can switch back to my Mac 😁

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Agree with Elyvande @Gremlinertia , best of luck going forward for you 😊

Got a chippers takeaway, no onion rings for me tonight, a southern fried chicken kebab and chips 🙈 Haven't had one in a few years, they're fecking huge , stuffed.com here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Sheesh, not going to comment much anywhere on boards any more, except here. All so serious. I notice the same in work messaging.

But mainly this will reduce my online time, which has become a real issue for me.

Was it you or someone else here who worked for Apple ? Why the Windows machine ? Or maybe I dreamt that ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Phenominal rain here, glad i had a quick meander earlier 😮

• Advertisement

I used to work for them. 2012-2016. That's when I got hooked on Mac, and Apple products in general. My current employer is firmly in the Windows camp, though. Although to be fair, our IT department is trialling some Macs. I think the numerous vulnerabilities of both Intel's chip architecture and the fact that Windows is by far the biggest target for attacks may have spooked them a bit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm afraid that if i went apple i'd never come back and be permanently broke 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Just home after a few hours out, absolutely stuffed, in pain from food but I just had to finish it.2 pints and out again tomorrow evening, dry January definitely starting on Monday.

Lashing rain and very windy here again, love it when I don't have to set the alarm clock...another weirdo experience earlier, I give up.🙄😁

You can't say that and not tell us more about said weirdo! Might be a match for one of us 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Nah, bad vibes , tiocfaidh mo là...go tobann.🤞🤞😁

• Advertisement

Just the 13th bad juju, all gets better tomorrow

As they say, once you go Mac, you don't go back...

I know the feeling though. And to be honest, my love for Mac is beginning to wane. Some of their recent product & design decisions, combined with their increasingly out-of-touch pricing, have me looking over the fence at Android & Windows when my mobile contract comes up for renewal this fall. Especially considering how far foldables have come over the last few years.

That'd be me, jumping on the bandwagon as the wheels are coming off 🤣

My OH had a MacBook air for 11 years and used it heavily every day. Definitely good value if it lasts that long. MacBook air is the best price/performance/weight from them. Also, the precious year model is sometimes better than the current year's at a decent discount. Still, very expensive. It's a minefield to be honest. Need to do your research.

Lashing rain here.

Wind has stopped.

Time for cornflakes.

I've a toshiba from 2007 i think. Still running all my admin crap plus heavy rotation social media etc on my days off. It has slowed up a bit but i keep it well so it's me sorted for the forseeable

Post edited by Gremlinertia on

Ah yes, the MacBook Air. That was my gateway drug into the Apple ecosystem as well. Late 2012 11" model. Got it for 300€ by stacking all my employee discounts at Apple, down from a retail price of around 900€. Had it for almost five years and only sold I then I took over my mom's MacBook Pro after she'd passed away (Guess who got her hooked?).

For what it's worth, Apple has a Refurbished & Clearance section on their website where you can find Apple products that were returned and refurbished. That's where I got my current MacBook Pro from. You can score some pretty good deals there if you're looking for an iPad or Mac. They're still not cheap but definitely more affordable than new devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Are there any Shirley Valentine's left in the world? Are there any that feel the way she did? Just watched the movie again. So good!

Ah that was a fun movie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, gotta admit to being an Apple fanboy, I used to lug a MacBook Pro around with me, my back was extremely grateful when I changed it to an IPAD 12 with a keyboard. Much lighter and no power adapter :):)

I still think that Samsung is better for night photos compared to the iPhone.

Just entering our 3rd week of rainy days, definitely strange for this part of the world.

DAKAR is going to have another couple of rough days if the forecast is correct.

• Advertisement

A macbook appeals to me but not an iphone.. Not that either device is changing with me anytime soon 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It’s Alfie 😂😂😂

Definitely Alfie 😉

Looks like a Westie.

Edit ...

Not sure - Is Alfie a Westie ?

Alfie Westie has a nice ring to it.

Kind of sounds like a Blur song name.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sorry about that DD, I was just trying to get your attention is all 😳😳

😄

Deskside with a coffee.

In a real old slump.

Tea!

@Witchie hope you aren’t watching Liverpool Brighton right now.

Up up and kerplunk

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Out with the OH for early dinner and then on to a friend's 40th birthday bash where there will be a DJ and dancing to 70s disco and 90s dance! 🥳🥳🎈🎉🎈🎉😎🕺💃🕺💃🎶🎶

Yaay!! 😁

• Advertisement

The DJ must have been informed of your attendance, enjoy! Glad ye are both able to go..

Advertisement