Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

In my opinion the interior of the polestar 2 felt very cramped, nice but cramped. MY feels much more roomy imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I’m still happy with my 222 M3. My first reaction to the price drop is that I could have gotten the red instead of the blue 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

Fair enough, and every single Tesla owner will swallow this, but it will definitely leave a bad taste. Our family has a m3LR, bought just as the grant went away in June 2021. It’s €8k cheaper now, but anyone who bought that car from July 2022 onwards has lost €5k more again

EV’s depreciate less than other propulsions, but the €65k Tesla m3LR might well turn out to have the worst depreciation in its class in any propulsion, for that price. Hard to see the 2nd hand value being more less than €20k depreciation after 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Blair

Personally I love the interior, I'm 6 foot tall and find it very comfortable. But I get why some might not like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Picked mine up in September. Just saw the price drop news. Repayments wouldn't be much different due to current higher interest. In my situation, I needed more range. Glad I picked up in September. Not at all bitter. At those prices, I may well pick up a used 2022 MY next year to compliment the 3......with included USS 😁

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

In my case it means an older used EV (still perfectly functional & healthy battery) will go on the market so will hopefully allow someone else entry into EVs. I'm sure there'll be others similar that are trading up from other EVs.

Very interested to see what happens with the used stock that Tesla has themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Compared to 2019, the M3P is about 2.5k more expensive.

M3LR is ~7k cheaper today, in 2019 it was around 3k cheaper than the Performance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Price has updated for me.

I’m trying to remember the original SR+ price, was it €49k? I had a deposit in March 2016 but cancelled long before the 192’s started arriving.

I’ve been watching M3 ads on carzone for about a year and for sure the LR’s were the ones with a more normal depreciation curve, coming down pretty close to SR+ for a 2020/21. LR’s seem to sell too at that money, but most of my saved SR+ are all still there, at silly money usually.

there were 40-45 M3’s on carzone for months, give or take, 47 yesterday after this news broke and 57 this morning, albeit €42k still the cheapest, a 192.

has there ever been a situation where a new car was so much cheaper than the 2nd hand market?

Interesting aside - if range is your primary concern, using WLTP figures & the base prices on the Tesla site,

MY costs €103/km

MYLR costs €101/km

M3 costs €93/km

M3LR costs €88/km

so the M3LR is the sweet spot if you need the range, while the standard MY is the biggest car for the money, but the most expensive for its range.

is there anything cheaper than €88/km range?

I think an MG4 is about €34k and does 400km, which would be €83/km

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

If I was in the market to upgrade to a new RWD, I’d probably put my 2020 SR+ (which cost in or around €49k) in about €40k to try and shift it quick…. A few months ago Tesla offered me €44k for it!! So I’d still try them too and see what they’d offer (much less now I assume).

But as much as I’d love to get a new RWD for almost every upgrade the cars gotten since the Model 3 first arrived here, I just don’t really need to! My car is still fantastic… (except for auto wipers, auto wipers are sh1t)

We’re mortgage clear in 3 months, but have since taken on a smaller mortgage abroad with the intention of clearing it in 5 years… so maybe then we’ll get a new one…. And sell the current one for whatever it’s worth at the time..

And knowing Tesla, I’d buy one this year and within a few months the facelift version will probably be out..

Happy to know that for the foreseeable future anyway, a Tesla remains an affordable car for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Dasein

quick question folks, for those of us who paid €250 booking fee on a used Tesla just before this massive price drop - can we get that back if we’re pulling out of the sale or do Tesla snaffle it?

Cheers!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Surely you can quote distance selling rules to recoup it, or transfer it to a brand new model. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Most of the ads have not yet even readjusted to the Tesla reductions in used stock last December so it will take a while longer for them to be parked up before they lower the prices in line with 2023 new prices, assuming 3-4k depreciation per year.... I imagine they refresh their prices against their own market valuation tools monthly, informed by shared data on sales data, and then slowly bring them in line.

I don't think an SR+ 2019 is worth more than 33-34k max these days, say with <50k km. Four years of depreciation on a €46,782 base price (2019, including white and black) and typically lots of mileage. We are roughly at that price minus €2000 again in white, €45660 for a 231 RWD in other colours except red. The Irish market is small and pricing is conservative.

The Irish base prices are cheaper than the UK now, if the recent R Symons vid is correct, which I’m sure it is. Guys like him would’ve spat out their cornflakes yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Since boards search function is terrible, I'm unable to find the posts that has the details of what needs to be in the email quoting the relevant section of distance selling rules for the deposit refund.

I know a few on here have successfully recovered their €250. Any help appreciated otherwise I may end up with 2 Teslas next month 😂

Thanks

I was the one that started that email. And it’s been used since then.

I’ll get it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

I saw the price reductions yesterday and my first thought was I wonder if I should buy another! I have a 222 blue on white with the 19' wheels so you can imagine the difference in price between when I bought and today 😱.

I decided to see what Tesla would offer me for trade in with 10k Kms on it now. €29,300 is the number I just received. That's some depreciation (>50%) in less than 4 months. I was offered 46k for trade in in December.

ContactUK@tesla.com

I am applying for a refund as the order page states "Non-refundable for order cancellations, except when statutory cancellation rights apply” such as distance selling legislation. 

The purchase agreement was entered into by means of distance communication and I have a statutory right to cancellation with full refund. 

Page 5 of the order agreement specified “Region Specific Provisions".

Can you please process this refund.

Regards,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Fuk sake, that's not good and Tesla are/were not that off the ballpark with trade-ins of Teslas, I have my trade in awaiting valuation a week now, I know now why they didn't reply earlier in the week....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Many thanks @Gumbo, I think you are owed another pint now!

Interestingly the model Y I originally ordered in late October has an estimated delivery of February 18th - March 6th while the model 3 I ordered yesterday has February 23rd - March 11.

Assuming that these estimates are fairly accurate, they must all be arriving on the same boat.

@Dasein , I seem to recall you had put a deposit on a 2021 black model 3.

What are you thinking of doing now?

A new 3, a new y? Rwd or LR?

Great options to have at the moment!

Their used stock is still priced all wrong - they have a M3P up for €79,500 😂

Yep - I have just formally cancelled it.

Not sure what to do now tbh, the whole thing is a bit crazy.

I think model Y LR (I need the range) is the sweet spot for me but I'll probably wait a month or two to see what the next big reveal is - if they're going to bring back radar then I'd be happier to wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Possibly a stupid question, I’m undecided between a Model 3 and a Model Y, if I order one of each and pay the €250 deposit I presume it’s refunded for whichever I cancel?

Also, is there a spec comparison anywhere for the 2 cars? It’s hard to figure out what equipment is standard, I’m sure I saw the Y had Premium sound, heated rear seats and steering wheel on the RWD base model, but not on the 3. Is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Got my trade in estimate. Dec 2020 refresh SR+ with 20k km. Offer is € 27,200.00

So good luck with that.

• Advertisement

Model 3 and Model Y RWD are pretty much same spec.

The only difference is the Y gets the premium interior which included additional ambient lights, sound system.

Advertisement