Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We’re officially the new Arsenal. This team is turning into a meme before our eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

No new signing can be judged in this debacle of a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,845 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Give Klopp money or sack him

Because he can't work with this squad without new arrivals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

Something needs to change…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Rooting for you to Mormank - hope you make a pretty penny

• Administrators Posts: 54,128 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We are 3 down, why is Konate going forward? This is stupid stuff.

We are beaten. Take your medicine and play safe.

The team is burnt out and our board have been too stubborn, greedy, proud or whatever to help.

Klopp has to take some blame for being utterly unable to adapt to a team that can't outrun and outmuscle other teams.

Negligence on a grand scale, and from a position of great power too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭jones

Interesting to see who klopp blames in the post match. He needs to take some responsibility in this debacle aswell

Klopp deserves huge cristism for this

We've all seen this coming and no change if tactics or nothing new tried

Just trys the same thing week after week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭ratracer

This 100%:….. why do the same thing over and over again when it clearly isn’t working.

It’s like the players wouldn’t be smart enough to change a formation. Absolutely pathetic performance on the pitch today again, and that starts with JK and PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Brighton trying to troll us. Take off their best defender at a corner and bring on their smallest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

As much as I hate to say this but this is mostly on klopp,should he go I don't know??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just realised we have the bloody FA cup replay midweek. More torture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,750 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Disgrace

It is hard to believe he signed a new contract without getting some assurances over transfers, it’s not like he wouldn’t have known before he signed it that a new midfield was needed. I really can’t see him continuing for the next couple of years as the team continues to decline. You have to think he should be demanding new players.

• Advertisement

I've no feeling watching this.

It's the inevitable result of sitting on our hands expecting the same 14 players to keep going for 4 seasons straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Didn't bother checking on the football today,but looking at comments here and elsewhere we have been slaughtered today by Brighton and very basic goals conceded again..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

With the exact same tactics

The next manager odds are depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My guess is Klopp himself is being stubborn over transfers. There's no way the committee hasn't a list of midfielders and he's probably just saying Bellingham or Touchameni last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Matip has been shocking since WC, we need a defender and 2 midfielders this window, I think klopp should offer an ultimatum, back me or I walk..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Usually quite optimistic. But I really can't see anything positive from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭Xander10

When is Salah due back from the African Nations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lose that and a lesser manager would find it hard to continue

Probably be in the bottom half after the Chelsea fame next weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not to give him a pass but that just doesn't sound like Klopp, he's always gone for alternatives when they've been available.

Mane wasn't first choice, he was the alternative to Gotze. We wanted Pulisic before Salah, Sarr before Jota too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

I actually cashed out the 3-0 for about 95% of the full amount when the clock hit 90 mins so had Brighton scored the 4th in stoppage time like they could have it would have been a very nice touch, never won money from 2 different "correct score" bets in the same match. Screw it, I'm just betting against us in future when we are clearly trash. Makes the whole thing alot easier to swallow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

My take on it from listening to klopp is that he still believes in the midfielders at the club and is taking a gamble on them somehow regaining their former form. Henderson, Fabinho, Tiago, Kieta, Elliott and Jones all available with Milner and the young lad to come back.

I think they signed Gakpo because of the injuries we have up front and they reckon an attacker was need more than a midfielder at the moment.

Anyways I've been told that 2024 is going to be a good year.

Klopps odds to leave Liverpool have gone from 50/1 to 20/1, only the usual suspects (Lampard, Moyes, March etc) are shorter than him with Oddschecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Anyways I've been told that 2024 is going to be a good year

Ours perhaps?

• Advertisement

It was a last minute decision last night after reading this thread actually. Everyone seemed to be aware Brighton were gonna smash us. I myself even predicted 3-2 or 2-1 brighton. I only bet $23 as I was just testing the theory but made about $40 profit which would have been $130 profit had Brighton scored the 4th at the end. I'll up the stakes a bit next time.

Normally I would just be sitting here seething after a game like this, especially after Utd beating city earlier and with our position in the league, and it would ruin my day. Today I have accepted it already and now I'm just gonna move on with my day rather than dwell on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If Klopp goes who replaces him that is the question

Any talk of Klopp leaving should be ignored.

We know he can do the job.

We just need a refreshment on a grand scale.

The only argument for him leaving is if he somehow doesn't want refreshment in the team, and I don't see how that's possible.

Give him the tools. If he still can't do it, then we can have a chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

First time in his career Marsch has scored twice in a game.

Nice.

Wellbeck's first goal this season.

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yes but Diaz, Gakpo and Nunez have all been recommended by Linders (I'm sure they were tracked anyway) and they were bought. Add that to the transfer committee staff moving on I don't think it's to much of a jump to say everything isn't rosey on that side of things.

So maybe the management team is putting more focus on their targets rather than a joint effort by the group as in years previous?

I very much doubt there is any prospect of him leaving against his will, but he cannot be enjoying this, if there isn’t a prospect of being competitive, then I would not be completely confident he will stay.

U have to ask why he hasn't changed a single thing to tactics

It's the same **** week in week out ,

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

The scary thing for me is that massive problems are appearing at every level of the club. Klopp and the coaching team must take some of the blame but what would be the point of sacking him when the club has problems elsewhere.

We have an ownership that won't invest their own money, that have maximised the clubs value, and are now focussed on selling their share either in part or in full. Key staff are leaving in their droves. An ageing, injury prone squad with key players suffering from alarming dips in form and work rate. A coaching team who don't seem to have the ability to improve the teams performances with the squad we have, who may be guilty of being too loyal to both players and owners. It is clear Klopp is feeling pressure judging by his attempts to change the media narrative away from the squad needing investments. It is alarming how this team have become the antithesis of what made them so good before.

And just to point out, City are going through this too.

I guarantee you their reaction is more proactive than ours.

That's the difference.

• Advertisement

Pep also doesn't really change tactics. Just tries to get the tools to do Plan A better.

It's how the best managers operate.

Take it or leave it.

What u on about it ,

Today Pep played a flat back four in recent weeks he's played 3 at the back ,

He changes tactics every few weeks

Yip, one of the criticisms Pep has faced is that in big games, he changes tactics to counteract the opposition rather than letting them worry about City’s gameplay.

Yea, so many would change, even I want us to, but there is something about a manager that sticks to his guns, and gets it right in the long run, he built a great side in 2 years when he arrived, I think it will take him another 18 months to get it right again, unless club is sold, and money is there for a quick built

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Don't want to sound too over-reactive but sell / release everyone apart from

Klopp

Alisson

Trent

VVD

Konate

Robbo

Thiago

Salah

Diaz

Jota

Nunez

Gakpo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’d honestly let Thiago go too, if we could replace him with a replica of 2019 Gini Wijnaldum.

• Advertisement

I think it is absolutely essential that a quality RB is signed. I know people will rightly argue that TAA brings a lot to the team offensively, but he is a defensive liability and had gone back to walking around when he loses possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

He deserves time, but given his inability to get a tune out of these guys for some time now/change tactics, he's not beyond being questioned.

If he only has one way of playing and it's been sussed, then new signings ain't changing a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'd keep him myself. He was terrible today but he does offer a lot, especially at home. PL team of the season last season. A midfield of a DM, Thiago, Gini-type controller is still a great midfield. Obviously as the age goes up, and the different oppositions offer different threats, he can be rotated out etc.

Trying to play Thiago & Elliot in a midfield together this season has been a wrong decision, in hindsight.

Klopp knows it was bad

• Advertisement
Advertisement