Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Both guys in Sandyford today cautioned about changing the original order. They said a change now on a Q4 2022 reservation might put you to the back of the queue. Tesla only do Q1 and Q3 deliveries because Irish people dont buy cars in June or December :) One ship for Q1, but they dont know if its loaded yet or not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just ignore all that

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Hopefully not, changed colour on mine yesterday. Price hasn't updated yet today unlike others though....

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Have not made any changes to mine, ordered in November. Price hasn't updated yet so don't think that is an indicator of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Dasein

You ordered a car with parking sensors.

Here's one without them.

Sorry, what?

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Correction, you ordered a car with Park Assist. How Park Assist is achieved is up to the manufacturer.

USS provides the proximity awareness and relays that to a beeper. If a Tesla Vision can achieve the same result then it doesn’t matter whether the physical USS are there or not.

My Nissan Leaf has no parking sensors. Either does my E39 530d. I’ve survived.

Come on man!

It's a ridiculous thing to defend.

I have no problem with them removing the USS after they have perfected an alternative.

The cars are, in general fantastic - but the sales experience and the general volatility of the product offering leaves an awful lot to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Some questions :

1. Is there a 4 way electric lumbar support in Model Y? Is it comfortable for 200 km/day journeys?

2. Is the white interior more comfortable (softer) than the black interior?

3. When you choose white interior, is the arm rest also white?

4. When you add up the "Auto pilot" feature, you loose the 5k SEAI grant. Could this be added later on?

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

No adjustable lumbar support for passengers, removed a while back on all 3 and Y.

Comfort is to be determined as we don't have the new Y with "improved" suspension

Never add software to purchase as it attracts VRT and you lose the grant, yes it can be bought afterwards, just slide you finger on the App and OTA within the hour

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

In fairness their pricing is ridiculous, they need to drop the after savings price

1. Not on the new cars. It was removed. I have it on my 2020 but never actually set it. Maybe more needed for people with back issues. The new cars on the way here have the newer comfort suspension so if you ever test drive the older car in sandyford it’s different.
    2. No difference. Just colour. I have white interior.
    3. Armrest is black.
    4. Add EAP after you collect the car in the app.

Pricing is not ridiculous now 😃

The way they display a perceived saving is ridiculous alright and they should remove this.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brian Michael

I had ordered a black RWD MY on Gemini wheels in Oct 22, changed my order to add induction wheels yesterday. Website saying this will now cost €49k. My order docs updated to the price it would have been pre Friday drop, but I’d imagine that should update in the next day or so. My delivery window is still the same (late feb / early mar), assuming this is correct. Has anyone started getting VIN’s yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Hey @Gumbo , question for you regarding white interior. Would you recommend it?

There are many vids on YouTube about it, mostly positive but some saying there is a bit of maintenance required if you have kids in the car or wear jeans alot etc.

Would you consider it again?

I do like the wood grain trim so ideally there would be an option to go with that with white interior.

I love it. Do I €1200 love it, I don’t know.

J keep on top of my car cleaning wise and I’d clean inside every other week and every month is clean the seats using proper detailing techniques. Then keep on top of it with a coat of GTechniq L1 or similar. Sounds daunting but it literally takes 10 mins.

Nostains or anything and the white interior really brightens up inside.

I have a white MY ordered but I went for black this time

Nice one, yeah it sounds like there's no big problem in maintaining the white interior.

3 kids aged 10 and under might put that theory to the test though 😊.

I've already changed the order I made yesterday from black / black model 3 LR to white / black 3 LR.

I think white / white might be the end configuration though..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks so much.

Did you hear about stiff seats on black interior model Y? Even the EV Ireland YouTube video comments on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭TMY

Took the RWD for a spin this morning. The place was packed, probably a few boardsies there too.

My thoughts - the rwd is plenty fast enough, instant acceleration (same in pretty much every electric car) is night and day compared with ICE. Seats are comfortable and offer plenty of support especially at the sides. Didn't notice any lumbar support, good or bad. Wanted to test how well it behaved with vision and no USS and found the screen displayed clear images of all sides. It's a big screen, and 2/3s of it shows the view from the cameras, front/back/sides, while 1/3 shows a top down image with no superimposed graphics, lines or obstacles in is current form. Hopefully this will be addressed.

Coming from a car with parking sensors and cameras (Nissan Qashqai), you'd miss the audible feedback although the display is adequate enough for me for now, until they release the updates. On the way home we agreed the 6k price reduction far outweighs the inconvenience.

Overall much happier based on today's test drive. Questions remain over vision only performance in the dark or with dirty cameras. Deal breaker? No way. Roll on collection day, can't wait 😋

No, never heard that. They are the same seats as the Model 3 part for part just up on a platform.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Most laughable i read was eople say inefficient xc40/c40 are premium and hence deserve 15k extra money (about 15k after price increase of Volvo and reduction at tesla.).

Wait time of 6 to 9 month in case of other cars. Ev6 is now 60K plus.

Current suspension is horrible. Good news is will be updated soon.

Post edited by Jjohnrockk on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Does anyone know if I only add a hitch to an order that was done in Nov 22 can they just plug the hitch in and therefore not delay delivery (ie does the car be ready for hitch and they only need to give the removable ball and activate in software). I want a hitch now with new pricing but don't want to delay delivery. Gumbo you seem to be knowledgable any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,546 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Are you saying no lumbar support at all or just none in passenger seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

The tow-hitch can be added after delivery by the Ranger.

https://youtu.be/DkBPA4OWGik

No, it’s a new order to add the hitch.

If you’re worried about a delay just wait until the car comes. A ranger can add the bitch in your front garden.

I believe so. I cannot confirm as I have it on my 2020 car but I believe it was removed on later cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Back from the test drive. Very busy over there. We were 15 minutes early, so we were allowed to have the car for 45 minutes. There were at least 3 Model Y RWD on UK plates, available for test drives, two white ones and one blue one. We got one of the white ones. Now bear in mind in below review that my last two cars were both Tesla Model S. So I will give you a different perspective than some other people who test drove in the last few days

We got in and first thing my wife says: "This is not a luxury car, is it?" and that was spot on. She reckoned it was more on a par with a Hyundai Ioniq, an econobox, than with a Model S. I thought that a bit harsh, I find the interior "premium economy" if that makes sense. A bit in the middle between the two. Some nice materials on the door cards. Seats again were fine, but not luxury. There's plenty of room with me (over 6'1) having a couple of inches spare headroom and kneeroom when I sit behind myself in the back. A lot smaller on the inside than a Model S though and particularly less wide. This translates in far smaller trunk and frunk too. My wife was a bit worried how the 5 of us (adults and fully grown teenagers) plus dog plus luggage would cope on a holiday, but I reckon it won't be a problem.

The car is plain slow away from standstill. It does not feel like a 300BHP / 430NM car. The initial acceleration seems software limited. And yes I was in normal mode, not chill mode. This is the slowest Tesla ever made and it feels it. That said, it does pick up rapidly once you have a bit of speed.

The car is no looker, I guess the only good looking Tesla is the Model S

Now, that's most of the negative points out of the way. Some better stuff. The car is exceptionally quiet, probably the quietest car I have ever driven. Officially that title goes to the BMW iX I believe - haven't driven that yet. It also feels very well made. The suspension is excellent, less feedback than in a Model S but who needs that much of it in a car like this. Car heats up very quickly (heat pump) and the heated seats (all 5 of them - kids happy) and heated steering wheel work well

Menu is excellent, my wife had never driven a Model 3 or Model Y and she could find her way through it with total ease, although she was initially taken aback a bit by the total lack of buttons. And no key. The dual wireless phone chargers are great, in a perfect position as well so you can see notifications. Trunk has automatic opening and closing. With voice commands, working flawlessly. The interface is super, very responsive, a step up from my MCU1 in both my Model S (that I was reluctant to upgrade at a cost of €1500)

Car handles well, very easy to park and manoeuvre in tight spaces. Not a big barge like the Model S, which is simply too big for some Irish roads and in particular tight city centre multistory car parks

All 4 side windows are double glass. The front and rear windscreens are not.

All in all, a lot of car for just €46.5k on the road. For me, for sure a step down coming from a Model S, but it's very much a head over heart choice. And not a bad one at all at that.

Post edited by unkel on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

did a test drive in RWD this afternoon - place was packed! They appear to have 3 RWD uk reg cars for test drives now. Haven driven the LR, I was pleasantly surprised by the RWD.

it’s the “slowest” Tesla available but pick up very good. Big selling point for me is the RWD gets the full premium interior, unlike the M3 RWD.

Tesla vision worked fine for me, herself didn’t like the lack of a beep, but can live with it!

Hoping to change out of a first edition ID4 for little or no money ☺️

a word of caution for those changing orders - no stock sharing with UK anymore. Lots of people upgrading to alloys I was told & won’t get their car until Q3 as practically everything allocated for Ireland in Q4 has Gemini wheels as that beat the grant before. Lots upgrading to white or black LR now with grant, so expect a bit of availability in inventory when they land for all colours, except red (again as none allocated to Ireland as they weren’t ordered as they didn’t qualify for grant).

only other nugget was software update before end March to restore audible noise for reversing camera

Advertisement