Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Ask not how much death and destruction will be recieved, but how much will be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭threeball

Keep them behind your lines taking out tanks and short range artillery positions. The apache is very capable of defending itself once facing the enemy head on. It when you start flying sorties over enemy lines that you'll get a stinger up your jacksy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

The mirror.... Yeah I'd wait for a more trustworthy source.

Haven't even heard of the UK requesting permission from the US to give them to Ukraine

Even the quotes from the source in the article seems sensational like a sales pitch from Boeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

The Ukrainian flag is flying on the outskirts and it's been geolocated it's infact just over the border.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

Weapons that can bring a quicker end to suffering have to be a priority now

Before Russia gets the upper hand and if it does it will mock the west for been to scared of its idle threats then it will be to late.

I think it will take a long time to train pilots for operate apache helicopters.

Braver moves needed by the west in 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

True. But the Apache is pretty much like most attack helicopters. It's going to be stuff like switch locations Radar operation. I think they still use the targeting reticule as an eyepiece that will be the most difficult part to get used to. Flying the thing would be a pretty common feature to any Ukrainian piolet. We have seen they can fly nape of the earth in videos. Wont be hard to teach them how to hover behind cover and use the top mounted sensor system to identify targets before firing.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

Story seems to be getting legs. Apache's would be massive and game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Sorry to disappoint some here, but the news is that Soledar is still holding as of this morning.

Wagner have already nearly burned through all the mobilized convicts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I said I'm out but I'm here now one last time because I want to set the record straight.

I am not - for the record - a friend of Russia and its actions. I simply reject this simple message that most seem to prefer here. It is not IMO the action of a rogue nation or that of a lone lunatic who wants to restore Russia to greatness or something.

In my opinion - and this is going to be a simple and not very fitting metaphor but will serve for now - it is a game of chess between USA and Russia. Where USA has moved a pawn into action and said 'check' and now the other party makes their even uglier move. It's a cynical and horrible game of chess with both parties being sh1ts but it is not Russias game alone.

Also one last note on all your accusations of genocide and child raping and systematic war crimes etc. You do realise that Ukraine has complete authority on the information coming out of this war? You take every Ukrainian piece of information for gospel, do you really think they have no incentive to paint the most horrible picture possible truth or lies? You really think they are telling you the truth in everything whereas Russia is only telling lies? Surely that is a bit unlikely, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Cordell

Everyone can see with their own eyes the civilian buildings being reduced to rubble, attacks on civilian infrastructure and a huge humanitarian crisis, all this done to a peaceful nation by a rogue one.

Half of Europe still remember the Russian liberation and denazification, raping killings and plundering so when Ukraine is saying russians did this I tend to assume they actually did much worse.

But let's not rush to conclusions comrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Have to assume Wallace-Daly Jnr. is just having a laugh.

Anyone who can crap out and believe ramblings like that needs help.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

And not only in Ukraine, bring on modern weapons so this terrorist nation can be battlefield anialated on mass no prisoners unless officers

We didn't know we where going to fight in Ukraine, zombies I still find hard to believe

The front line between Russia and Ukraine is pretty much fixed and likely to head back towards Russia in the coming months.

Russia is spunking much missiles at buildings in Ukraine, but not killing many civilians (relatively).

Russia is slowly destroying its economy and its ability to be belligerent.

Most Russian atrocities now they are being held up in Ukraine are against Russians behind their lines.

Europe/The West are acting more slowly/cautious than I’d like, but what they are doing - letting the drunk thug swinging and tiring themselves out - is working very well.

Number is going to go a lot higher 🤬

Needs to be a big reaction to this. 12 British tanks just doesn't cut it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh they've little enough choice, but when corporations that powerful get in the door it's worrying, especially on virgin ground like Ukraine. Smacks of Haliburton and Iraq. And I'd not want them here either, but FFG are only too happy to encourage them and those like them. They're anything but a "good thing".

The only "good thing" about this I see and like I said before, is The Money has decided that Russia has lost and they're investing in the winning side. Blackrock ready to move in is a significantly bigger sign of that than a handful of Challenger tanks from the UK.

Always follow the money. That's why it's been my contention that Russia seizing the Airbus/Boeing fleet was one of their biggest and stupidest moves of this whole murderous idiocy, on or off the battlefield. You can largely "get away" with murdering civilians with enough surface contrition, sacrificial scapegoats and time, but pissing off The Money of the world is much harder to come back from.

But like you I lay more blame at the feet of those like the German authorities and the EU to a lesser extent. They left it wide open for corporate interests and US corporate interests with it to slide in. Oh they'll be far better masters than Moscow, but they'll be masters nonetheless.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Very little of anything.

We have a small number of javelins and other Anti tank weapons and some Giraffe anti aircraft systems .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's not a video game. The training and support for such incredibly complex systems is extensive. You can't just hand pilots a manual and off they go. However the UK have been training Ukrainian forces in the UK, so it's entirely feasible that they've also been training some of Ukraine's pilots in these systems at the same time. The logistics and support are another thing. Spares, ammo, groundcrew training etc. It's why I've considered wild talk of F16's and the like scuttlebutt.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

I’ve a feeling you’re coming from a more HATE the EU rather than hating Russia, and shoe horning your own agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭briany

If it's a negligible amount (in the context of what's being used daily over there), then it may not be worth sending anything. There's also this other argument you hear that Ireland's defences are woefully understocked as it is and we therefore need more of everything to deter foreign aggression and/or be able to police our borders, territorial waters and airspace. So you'd expect those people to clear their throat if it came out that Ireland was donating what little usable weaponry it had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Shame on me, you and all of us here in the EU. We should be out protesting as civilians or we're no better.

Beverly Hills, California

It pretty much sums up the clusterfúck this insane war is. And what the hell were the organisers of this nonsense doing letting Russia "compete"?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,557 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's been a few months since I sent my last letter, but this reminds to try again. Politicians will only act if people demand it.

I wouldn't be hopeful of weapons, but we certainly could do more to provide non-lethal aid (helmet's, medical supplies, body armour, etc).

Typical cowards in Russia are saying the missle strike in Dnipro wasn't their fault,the Ukrainans shot it causing it to crash into the building therefore it wasn't our fault

• Registered Users Posts: 16,557 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ireland was committed to supporting Ukraine with non lethal aid and that there were discussions with the EU partners on a package. She must have been referring to this which happened a few weeks after I got my response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Russian tank battalion suffers catastrophic losses.

All Eyes On Rafah

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement