Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Hopefully they have a glut of solid black M Y’s on the boat to Ireland which is why this colour was free on the Y yet a €1200 option on the 3 on the new pricing model. I think the black will suit the Y, it can look a bit clumsy in brighter colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭costin

Added the tow hitch on my order on Friday. Intial order is December 3rd with 21st Feb-9th March delivery estimated. Wrote Tesla sales/guy in charge with my SEAI application that would drop the hitch if this means order delay (according to configurator tow configurations shows January delivery - maybe are cars in this config planned for q1 delivery) and got fitted by a ranger latter. Is this still possible? Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brian Michael

They’ll have known that there’d be a massive increase in demand following the price reduction, the key goal for Tesla with the price reduction is hitting the Q1 delivery target expectations on Wall Street. There’d be no sense in letting loads of people order cars at the reduced price that they can’t deliver this quarter.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Can anyone confirm if a boat has left china for Ireland?

I don’t think it has yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

For those who want to add a tow bar - if you really want your car in Q1, I’d say get it added after delivery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

No confirmation, but if it hasn’t left now can’t see how they would make the Feb to early March estimated delivery dates a lot of people have.

If I was a betting man, I’d say they are on the Grande California, which is due in Zebrugge on 30th Jan

if that is the case, people should start seeing vin allocations once it’s through the Suez Canal. Due to pass through Suez on 20th Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭E30M3

Colour choice

I note the comments earlier about the Solid black being a bit of a nightmare to keep looking well and that it picks up swirl marks by just looking at it.

Does anyone here have a solid black anything that has been ceramic coated from day 1 and if so would you feel that this levels up the playing field as regards maintenance and damage in the medium to longer term?

Think I prefer the Black over the white but if white more practical down the country with narrow roads and overgrown hedges I'll stick with that.

Also anyone looked into the cost of getting a white car wrapped?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Perhaps, but if the price reduction was a relatively recent decision, then the cars being loaded in Shanghai South would already have been planned and yarded before its impacts could be taken into consideration. Have a look at WuWa's videos on youtube to get an idea of the loading. If Ireland's MYs are on the CALIFORNIA (Indian Ocean) or IMMACOLATA (South China sea and might only have UK cars), then I think there will be very few LRs in Q1. If Irish cars are loaded this week, then there's a chance for them to adjust RWD/LR ratios. Still wont know for another couple of weeks though.

I would like to know at what stage in the Tesla process the delivery range firms up from a 2 month range to the 2 week window. I've a suspicion thats the time production/yarding is decided in Shanghai for a shipment to Ireland and although they will ship additional cars to cater for future orders, there wont be a big divergence from the type already ordered so as not to be stuck with inventory they cant shift before the end of Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

I know it's traditional for us to receive cars first and third quarters, but wonder with the huge production in China will that change in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,380 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

1. Tesla decides, but they seem to favour ranger for anything that can be done by a ranger. Which is really handy, very reliable and doesn't cost anything extra
    2. Well worth it for the live traffic / nav alone. And that's coming from me - very wary of any subs. Don't like to spend money on stuff that I don't need. And I don't really care about any of the Netflix / Spotify stuff or the internet browser in the car. I had it for free on my previous and current Tesla and i WILL pay for it in any new Teslas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭joe1303l

I think it will if there is enough volume to justify having them on a boat. Tesla will be aware that car sales in Ireland are focused on the first few months for 231 reg plates as the July plate differential has never really caught on here. Grant being cut back will also mean orders will be cancelled if the cars ordered aren’t here on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

The WS target expectation changes as well with the price cut. Meeting it is a mirage

Premium is 10 quid a month. Can be cancelled at any time

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The black is the same as any other car. It’s a nuisance to maintain of course. Especially if you don’t baby it.

But that’s the same for every black car. Hyundai, bmw, Audi etc

It looks stunning when clean. If your into washing cars and will safe wash it yourself or get it done properly then fine but if your someone that pulls up to a garage or the drive through with 4 lads a bucket and a brush, forget about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

@gabbo is coming - and that doesn't say the half of it. 6.9s is a decent enough time, his results match the official figures (no rolling start here)

But the initial take off is pretty pathetic. A 118BHP Ioniq 28kWh costing half the price 7 years ago is quicker. But the Tesla does take off rather sharpish from about 30-40km/h, making up for lost ground. So overtaking is quick. But traffic lights it's slow. I wish it was the other way around though :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

If it's similar to the Model 3 RWD it feels only slow at start up speed. I think I mentioned up to 30 km/h before, but it is probably less. Probably just the new hairpin motor or whatever it's called. Still loads, just not the initial kick which doesn't bother me.

Two weeks ago was leaving Belfast at Divis st onto Westlink south dual carriageway. It's a fast busy road with few spaces, so gave her the welly to join in. Fired some of the tea flask (warm only) the missus was drinking over her😯. There was picture and no sound for a good few kilometers..😁

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I've retired from the heavy right foot when she's doing lipstick or taking a sip, apparently not funny anymore

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

and yes, the hairpin motor is "slower" off the mark but compensated for with assummed better longevity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

I’d have thought that this is exactly the torque curve you want in a family car with kids in the back - if you want to max the 0-30, buy the M3.

just looking at some other 2nd values, this Tesla intervention will definitely adjust the likes of an XC40 - I didn’t realise just how expensive it is, €56-71k(?!)

also interesting to see the first hand reviews of test drives - the lack of parking sensors definitely requires a lot of holding your nose.

can Tesla really deliver a quick and workable software solution - I think the furore over FSD Beta would give rise to caution.

personally I’d probably hold my nose, but I’d double any timeframe for a fix from His Lordship.

for me the issue with the Tesla vision parking assist is that the cameras are constantly blocked in Irish damp weather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

I had initially ordered a black M3 LR on Friday morning. A neighbour has one (222) and there are plenty of swirls in the paint from about 2 ft distance in the sun.

I'm not overly fussy about paint condition but I do like to (at least try to) have a clean car. The swirls are likely to be even more obvious on black solid paint too so in the end I panicked and edited my order to pearl white as swirls will be much harder to see.

Presumably the multi coat paint will also be thicker and maybe more resistant to small chips too

Post edited by Foreign Sports on

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brian Michael

That all makes sense, it’s likely that the ship is in transit. Interestingly if you select a LR with Induction wheels (I’d imagine very few orders even now as no grant) you get a Feb - mar date, but if you select LR on Gemini in any colour except white or black Feb -Apr date. Black or white LR still Feb - Mar. SR in any colour / wheel selection doesn’t change (all Feb / Mar). Has anyone noticed this timing change since Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

Had a black Audi A5 and got rid of it a year later as it looked dirty 10 mins after washing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

The motor whine is very load in that acceleration test.

How was it during the test drive?

Non existant

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

I’m leaning towards the MYLR rather than AWD as i will get better range which i can sometimes need.

Range should be slightly better than my Q4, which i’m used to at this stage.

delivery range is Feb-Apr , if i could be sure of april delivery for the LR then id leave the RWD

That lad Bjorn is a great vlogger. I only started watching him since someone put up a link here, but yesterday I found myself watching a video where he was looking at houses and going shopping for a tripod with the Mrs

Very tenuous link to cars! Like Top Gear, only not ****!

Exactly the same as in that acceleration test. I made a mental note of it when I heard it in that video this morning. Quite load, but not annoying. Reminded me of my Renault Fluence Z.E.

• Advertisement

Advertisement