Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willow - Disney+

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think the haunted castle episode was good also. Still surprisrd for such light fare, that this tv series got so much hate online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,842 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I think it's more to do with the treatment of an IP that would have been a large part of the childhood of many Gen X'ers and what the expectations were for it, though granted the original film was "light" with comedic/childish elements and probably more on par with Legend or other similar films of the time, rather than an epic like Star Wars.

If it were an entirely original IP it probably would have fared far better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched this over the past couple of days.

Overall I liked it for what it was.

So many of the episodes felt like a lot of info dumping and setup only to then feel very rushed to wrap things up so they could move on to the next episode/story.

The gang of bad guys we see as being tough at the beginning and they seem to get beaten offscreen in the finale, or we don't know what happened them?

So plans for 3 seasons/volumes then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’m really enjoying the show but disappointed with some of the language like having the “hots” for someone (plenty of ways of saying that is neither too old fashioned or too modern) and that they have started using profanity.

The costumes on the two woodcutters were very out of place and it had me thinking that Elora had stepped into a magical place and the that women were illusions by beings trying to interact with Elora and teach her something. Odd choice of clothes. I did not recognise Hannah Washington at all.

Was that General Kael that appeared to Jade? I thought at first that perhaps Kael had indeed killed her family around the time of the movie and that she was a bit older than Elora and Kit. Then I remembered thayt she had said the family was killed trying to get to Mother’s Gate and inside the barrier - which is after Kael dies. I hope they explain this.

So not 3 volumes then.

Can't say I'm too bothered by this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,842 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'm surprised at the comments in that article.. a lot of people seemed to like it (which is baffling)

Apart from the first couple of episodes which seemed pretty good, it just gradually got irritating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

I watched the first 20 minutes and turned it off. Was so looking forward to it, but nope, wasn’t wasting my time on that warmed up leftover.

A lot of commenters on tvline seem very positive about everything. Going by them shows like Star Trek Discovery are some of the greatest shows ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I think you're giving to much weight to the original. In my opinion Willow was never a cult classic, but just another ok fantasy movie, that not too many have seen. I don't think there is much baggage from that movie. Legend is more a visual feast than a regular mainstream movie. Even less saw that. I can't imagine many people wanted the new one to be faithful to the old one.

The new Willow was light hearted and a bit of fun. I enjoyed it. But I think it suffered because the story line and most characters were all a little bit all over the place.

Think there may be someone in denial

That picture kinda sums up one of the complaints about the show. He had a flamethrower for that scene that came out of nowhere and went back there right after, never to be seen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

They were too busy to adding baggage to the story they forgot to join the dots on the simple stuff.

Advertisement