Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2022 Assistant Principal Competition - Open and Interdepartmental

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I've seen them say stuff like that multiple times only for the results to arrive an hour later.

They do seem better than they used to be - shorter timelines & more predictable. Even so, an actual results date is needed. They'd save themselves a lot of hassle and prevent a lot of anxiety on applicants part.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Theanu

Definitely, I'd say a lot of work didn't get done again today in the Civil Serivce today by stressed our applicants waiting on results that didn't come, yet again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭757TFFIU

Even giving PAS credit for the fact that a lot of people would have taken time off over Christmas, I'm finding it a bit difficult to understand how it takes in excess of a month to publish the results of an online assessment. Let's face it - if it's an online assessment, the software would have tallied up the results as applicants submitted their tests. The Department I currently work for has had the vast majority of staff back before the end of last week.

I presume (whether rightly or wrongly) that they have some level of an auditing process, but based on past experience, I've received the results of online tests about two weeks after the closing date.

I will understand the shortlisting stage taking longer as that is more manual intervention, by reading application forms (if I'm even lucky enough to pass the online test stage!) I'm just a bit surprised at the slowness of this stage of the competition by comparison to previous competitions I've applied for.

Just my two cents anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Definitely I spend too much time refreshing my message than actually working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

I really don't know where the myth of a Friday afternoon came from 😃 my last comp was HEO and results issued on a Tuesday around noon. I had a look back on my messages and the results took 5 weeks 2 days to issue going by that i'm gonna say they'll be out mid next week, fingerscrossed for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 lemma

When I was in EO comp and CO comp it was Fridays. But that was back in 2016/17 But yes, I agree, the times for HEO were random. I have never waited this long for results yet though. Or maybe I wasn't paying as much attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭exitstageleft

In fairness, the whole process of civil service job campaigns takes way too long. From applying to starting should take no longer than 3 months. At the moment, at best and being top of every Order of Merit at each stage, you're looking at 6 months. At that point you've lost most of the decent non-PS workers since they'll have found jobs elsewhere. Within the service, you've got people half committed to their current role as they wait for months in hope of a move.

I understand things need to be fair and transparent but three months isn't asking for light speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

I think you can discount the 2 weeks at Christmas. So its about average if we get the results this week

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Swilly22

Getting very impatient now. I emailed again this morning and the reply states Stage 1 results will issue later this month 🙄

I wonder if they are going to just shortlist straight away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

That's what they did for the ongoing AO 2022 competition. Went straight to interview following the online assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DonutLike

If they are shortlisting based on result of online tests & forms then the wait isn’t that bad.

With the interd heo comp everyone was given an oom after tests and then a new oom after shortlisting (tests/forms combined)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

That's interesting. I wonder why they release the OOM for the tests and then again for the shortlisting. Transparency I suppose. It would be cruel to get though on the test, or to rank highly only to be moved down the list or excluded on the shortlisting shortly after.

Yes my logic is because AO/EO went straight to interview this might aswell. Take steps our of the chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DonutLike

Yes, I know of a few who had ranked highly and then they didn’t make it through shortlisting. Very disappointing for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Avdel

Here's hoping the results issue today.

Have never waited over 5 weeks for any result. Hopefully I get put out of my misery soon.

It's like waiting for the Junior Cert :~

Atleast that comes out on a specified date

I was being silly, this year, it was delayed by months, they were all waiting with no end in sight. My son was one of them, This isn't quite so bad, but it is long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

I really thought the results would be out today. Its ridiculous at this stage should we be adding another 2 weeks to cover Christmas. I don't think i'll be progressing but i'd like to know.

Just asked again as I was told mid January. Reply was as everyone else has already said - later this month- I'm going to put it out of my head until next week as that is last week of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 K65KL

Looks like we’ll have an answer in the next 2 weeks. I hope they are shortlisting on applications at the same time too 🤞🏻

I don't think so. I was told the applications will be shortlisted after the results are issued. Just an extra long wait this time

• Registered Users Posts: 11 K65KL

Doesn’t seem like they are under pressure to build a panel anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 15 oranreilly

Getting very sick of waiting now 😐️

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭furrybones

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

Competitions like these are a marathon not a sprint so don't be mentally exhausting yourself out on the very first hurdle by setting expectations of receiving results by a certain date and then becoming disappointed they don't arrive....

After the test results are released, there will be plenty more waiting time ahead in this competition so focus energy somewhere else more postive and let the process do its thing to avoid being mentally drained if/when you get to interview 👍

And apply for everything you come across in the mean time you never know which marathon turns out to be a sprint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Swilly22

I believe there will be an internal AP competition in DSP very soon

Advertisement