Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It will be charged to maybe 50%.

More than enough to get to any fast charger or SuC that you need.

Are you collecting a RWD Y?

if so to do the 260km at 110km/h you’ll need about 75%.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What's your destination, if a SuC along the way then you have no worries

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

It might be overkill but has anyone got a 2nd car charger in the house ?

Wife plugs in most nights and I’m not interested in the headache. Can the house the lake the load ?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CuriosityKilledtheCat

I'm guessing Enfield will be most convenient for a supercharger for me heading west? Should I be able to get that far?

We can't say for certain but I would be giving out sh1te to them if it couldn't, you'll also have Enfield Services and then Kilbeggan 50kW charger and then Ionity X 4 at Athlone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Basically, No!

It's the same as having an electric shower in the house. You'll need a priority switch so that both can't be on at the same time. You'll probably only need 1 charge per week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

We have 3 chargers but in order to use the second or third without blowing the main fuse I'd have to turn it down to 16a.

If you have a load sensing charge point then no need for priority switch, most of the modern charge points have one and if you install a second from the same manufacturer they will likely talk to each other and no further investment necessary e.g. a second Zappi will take grid readings from it's "master" and not blow your fuse

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

When you get the car, go to the navigation bar. It will show charging as an icon. Press that and it will bring up chargers. Touch the Enfield one and as well as giving you the directions it will also start to preheat the battery meaning the car charges quicker.

I met an ex Irish rugby player at the SuC in castlebellingham recently and he didn't have an idea about this!! We ended up chatting for around 25 minutes (I say chatting - it was more him asking me questions and me showing him some tips and tricks that I picked up here).

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CuriosityKilledtheCat

Thanks for that, everyday is a school day on here😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

More than likely, but tell them before collection and they may br able to charge up your car a bit before collection. They probably only have granny charging at Baldonnel if you are lucky.🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

my order updated with the changes SR to LR and white to black with the price change

Dates are unchanged!

happy days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

theres no way they are getting the cars here if shipped after chinese new year. either they are coming from berlin (lol). or they are already on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭wtawfick

You'll have no problem whatsoever doing Cork-Dublin even in freezing winter, with a long range. I have a MY LR. I easily do over 350km motorway driving on a single charge, with plenty to spare. I go Galway-Dublin, run around Dublin for a fair distance, then head back to Galway. On my way back, I stop for a charge at the Enfield Superchargers (for about 15 minutes), which is enough to get me back to Galway. Most of the time I arrive at Enfield having done around 350-370 km, and would have about 20% charge left (even after preconditioning the battery on route to Enfield).

My usual Galway-Dublin (around 220 km) uses around 45-55% charge, depending on ambient temperature, speed, climate control, and wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

Good info. What speed would you normally drive at on those motorway runs? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

I had called them last Friday to change my order from a RWD MSM to LR Black. I received my revised order agreement today and they only change they made was the colour. Called them again and they apologised and said that will take another 48 for the correction to be made.

I should have just ordered the LR on Friday morning and saved on the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Was pretty much pulling the plug on my RWD Y order. It’s was just going to cost too much upgrading from id4. market for them is slow now. Long story short I can now afford to take a little less for her with the recent price drop and it will cost 5k to change (inc white seats). That buyer is also getting serious value for will be a year old ID4 in early march.

Could have maybe held and got another 1-2k but this buyer is willing to let the car With until the y is ready & not everyone would be that way.

would have loved to go another 6k for the LR but not sure I can justify.

took the white LR for a spin from Tesla cork on sat. Black turbines make it so big nervous aftermarket hubcaps won’t give a close enough look?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

I had an E220D with 275 30 20's on the rear and 245 35 20's on the front. It broke my heart trying to keep them looking nice. The comfort wasn't great either! I'll mee more than happy to trade the look of a set of Turbines for an after market set of Matt black caps any day of the week.

I phoned the Sandyford number about 20 minutes ago, there was a mistake on the agreement document that had my phone number incorrect.

Phone was answered within a minute, document corrected straight away, test message sent to confirm they had the correct number and Tesla account updated to reflect the correct pricing. Shortly after, I received an email about the SEAI grant to enable Tesla to apply for it.

All done now, signed, scanned and sent back. Seriously impressed by the customer service, considering they're probably snowed under with enquiries.

Definitely think the VIN will be assigned shortly. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Not the first time I've heard of this.

As a matter of interest what was the error with the phone number?

The one on my order agreement is missing the leading '0' but I have received a text about missing information from my account (registration address wasn't completed).

I haven't been contacted about the SEAI grant though so I probably need to follow up on that.

• Advertisement

The phone number on the agreement had a digit wrong. He said that it didn't really matter. My Tesla account has the correct details on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

I would be interested to see similar for the MY (action starts at 3 min)

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Remember also last years budget government flagged the intent to reduce level of grants from July 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes, but the 'gradual reduction' might be a little less gradual.

Perhaps go where it's now needed most, to the lower priced EVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

I picked up my M3 in Sept and headed west to Sligo. Made it to Enfield no bother. As previous posters have said, the LFP battery management isnt great with initial calibration so wouldnt trust the % charge for the first spin. Saying that I'd be rightly pissed off if they hadnt charged it enough to get to a SC in whatever direction your going. You'll be on the road again in no time and never a queue at Enfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

If you fill in the seai form are you wedded to buy? Or can you still change your mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Still havent got a seai form. Im going pcp so i assume its finance ireland doing it?

I've never had to queue at Enfield "YET". However, I suspect with the massive influx of orders post-price reduction, I can easily see that being a thing going forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

Folks. How do you arrange a test drive in Tesla Cork? The only option on the online booking form was for Sandyford.

• Advertisement

Galway-Dublin @ 110 km/hr would use 45% battery.

Same journey @ 120 km/hr summer, I've used around 48-50%

120 km/hr winter, with climate control (I keep CC on auto), as well as heated steering wheel, heated seats, with 5 passengers and luggage, I've used around 55%

My worst was 120 km/hr (with the odd overtake), winter (-5 celsius, during the frosty week December just gone), CC, heated everything, full car (passengers and cargo), with bad headwinds. I used around 60%

Advertisement