Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

There's more options for wingback than fullback anyway. Its Dan or Mike and maybe Sean Finn at a stretch for the number 3. Wing back has more options. I dont think Coughlan will do. He's terribly slow but he is good on the ball and of course we don't know if he's going to be on the panel. I wouldnt want Kyle Hayes back there because he causes so much trouble in the Half forward line. That may be the only option though to make room for Lynch and Cathal O Neill. I see Anthony Daly is critical today of the Na Piarsaigh Fullback for Fitzgeralds goal. Awful blunder.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Greasy Paw

Great News Mike Casey's injury seems not to be too serious. BTW, great win For NCW in the game yesterday. Where will the Final be played?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭billyhead

I would imagine it will be played in PUC as it has to be a neutral venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Given geography involved would the 2 teams be happy enough to toss for home advantage? Could it be in Mallow? Munster club football finals have been there before, being honest I don't think it will draw a big crowd.

See it down for Saturday Dec 10th in Pairc ui Rinn at 7.30, its live on TG4. From a TV viewpoint it might clash with a England France World Cup QF so will draw less neturals. Junior and Intermediate finals in Mallow on the Sunday afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭High bike

• Registered Users Posts: 25,725 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

We got Waterford and Tipp in the McGrath Cup.

Munster Hurling League draw is on the 12th and the definitive NHL and NFL fixtures should be out very soon.

We do know that we are away to Cork most likely on the 4th and Derry away in the Football. Our first home game in the football will be a rare visit of Dublin.

Great win for Monaleen Last Sunday

Is the NCW Game televised or available anywhere to day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Another top player in the news all for the wrong reasons,

"Limerick Hurler in Savage Pub Attack on Defenceless Clare man

It’s alleged today that an All-Star Limerick hurler has attacked a man outside a pub over the Christmas period, the Clare man was assaulted and while he was lying prone on the ground and unable the protect himself the star Limrick player stamped on the sixmilebridge man and broke the victims ankle leaving him unable to work, the poor man is now facing huge personal financial hardship at the start of 2023, the Clare Times has seen the cctv but will not publish owing to the on-going Garda investigation."

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

* According to a Facebook page that has absolutely no journalistic integrity or anything close to high quality writing, and seems only to publish unsubstantiated outrage stories, in a post containing an image that was probably put together on Snapchat. Right...

Post edited by Insect Overlord on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,581 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

In fairness - it’s correct in that the player in question was prevented from going on the team holiday and the guy he was fighting with did indeed break his leg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Outside of the sensationalism in his articles, he's usually spot on with the basic facts and in this particular case he's accurate. As for him seeing the CCTV of the attack, I'd be sceptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Unfortunately Ormond has got some important facts totally incorrect and is leaving himself open to serious legal repercussions if the relevant individual becomes aware of it. I won't quote him as that only perpetuates the mistake and presuming that he's a hurling person I wouldn't like to see that occur. Quoting the Clare times Facebook page is not to be recommended without other confirmation.

My comment has since been deleted saying who it is (which is fair)

But yeh it’s fairly openly known at this stage

I've absolutely no idea if these allegations have any substance or not but the people behind that Clare Times page are nothing more than faceless parasites, some of the stuff I've seen posted there the last couple of years is disgraceful, when I 1st became aware of it I honestly taught it was a satire page like Waterford Whispers.

Post edited by Billy Ocean on

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭raindodger

Listened to john kiely on the marty morrisey radio show the other morning.We are so lucky to have such a humble and astute man in charge of

our team any time you hear him speak he comes across as a rock of commensense,not just about hurling but life as well.

if there has been any problems ,which they are bound to be with such a high profile bunch you have faith he would sort it out with fairness to all

Agree on Kiely - Could never have one negative thing to say about him (in terms of how he deals with media etc)

Would love to know how ruthless he is behind closed doors, but that's necessary from a Manager at times

I reckon he's not afraid of giving the hair dryer treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭moby2101

Happy New Year folks!

Anyone know when the Cork/Limerick Pairc Ui Rinn game will be available on TM ?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭moby2101

^^^^ found it here !!

https://www.universe.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

If any Monaleen fan is out there looking for a ticket for the AI club final this Saturday let me know. I have one via the season ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,725 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

If any Monaleen fan is out there. Congratulations and enjoy the night in Dublin or wherever ye are.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

I wonder what the chances are of AG rejoining the panel ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Slim I'd say . Considering what happened to Pat last year. A precedent was set then. Id play Gillane. Reidy isn't half as effective as Gillane.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭cnoc

Isn't AG causing a lot of disruption in the LK camp. Is he going to change his ways??? I know he is a brilliant hurler. I think he should be axed from the panel altogether. Controversial I know but......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭High bike

He'll prob miss a few league matches,who in their right mind would drop him all together

Agre. It would be madness to leave him out of the panel for the championship. He's a crucial player for us. Who else do we have that is as good in that inside forward line? Peter Casey will be back anyway. Mulcahys doesn't have the pace anymore.

• Advertisement

They must be testing management the off field incidents are building up.

Advertisement