Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Just up and having breakfast.

Porridge with pear and yougurt. Going to have tea, toast next.

Edit ... removed noise... for a different thread.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

This is where I spent Christmas viewed from above

Cat watching the birds out the window on the bird feeder. He's nearly having kittens. 🤣Which is impossible, since he's a he and he's also neutered.😹

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Quiet here today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Jaysus I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself this weekend. I'd love to go on a selfish day out. I see so many places via work but never get to really enjoy them. Bored cooking. Not even enjoying getting out for a beer as the town is full of dipso's buckled drunk from morning to night. Boasting and bragging about how scuttered they were the night before. All ages and all professions. There is so much more to life. I see it but need to enjoy it more. I feel selfish G incoming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Forest walks ♥️

I'm watching Twin Town. Kind of a Welsh movie. Great stuff. I could never understand why Welsh cousins thought The Snapper was hilarious as this movie is so funny. If all else fails, try Wales. A quote from the movie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh haven't seen twin town in an aaaaaage, enjoy!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Reading a good book that I'd started when away in Portugal over Christmas but never finished, trying to concentrate...

Hope to get back into my regular swimming next week after two weeks of colds and then the flu - haven’t swam since we were in Portugal over Christmas - so hopefully this week coming.

OH has a very important medical procedure (invasive angiogram with catheter inserted in his arm) which carries a very slight risk of serious complications so I’m fretting a good bit today and worrying (my default mode in any case) - he’s much more calm about the whole thing. Combine this with a touch of the Glenroes and I’m not very focused this evening and anxious about tomorrow more than the usual Sunday blues.

@Grem - I’m intrigued about your line of work given your very long, very unsocial hours working which also seem to be outdoors a lot. Is it in farming? Or something related? 🤔

I'm in facilities management aka a sort of handyman, with a security licence to make sure i wear that hat too. Jack of all trades with the manuals to sort out what i don't know 🤣

• Advertisement

I did enjoy a beef casserole and mash. Carrots and parsnips in the mix too. Some Tiramisu for Afters. In the leaba now. Cold out. Warm in here!

Casserole/stew/hot pot, what is the difference, the answer is no matter once it tastes good

• Registered Users Posts: 25,405 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Thoroughly enjoying the climax of the live snooker but timed getting my dinner all wrong… starving but cannot take my eyes off this.

Gutted not to be watching it, no spoilers please!.

Tractor just passed me spreading salt, i'd put more on me chips than he spread on the ground 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The facility management in our building are the true angels who often save my day when I am I z flap over something.

Plus our crew are the best bunch of jokers and good humoured types so it's a great atmosphere between all staff. So big credit to you for your job 🙏

Although I think I'm like the thought of you as a farmer too 😆

An ad popped up for me for a disco festival in June in Punchestown and was like uhhh..that's interesting..don't know if it be the target market though 😆

To thine own self be true

Was brought up on a farm, could probably still do a mean bit of strip-graze fencing if needed 🤣

Is today supposed to be blue Monday or some craic like that?.

Back on the hamster wheel again 😩

Depends if you can afford the heating and / or won the lotto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just back online - or on anything - after a week with no heatling, in varying forms... Lightning storm I think a week ago ( lost all track of days!) took ESB out for three days as the weather would not let any ferries etc. Then no working computer as the modem died... They finally got over today.. One of the cats was scared silly of the two young engineers and has been glued purring to my shoulder since they left.... a crazy exhausting week..

I need to add that the thunderbolt or whatever that hit here last week around half past one am, directly above me shook me to my very soul... BANG and FLASH at the same moment . My small dwelling is well insulated but not sound proofed ...As in caravan/trailer. And the modem started to die immediately. THAT was the worst part. my phone is tesco pay as you go so I had no way of knowing how much was left on it.

So a great day today when the Westnet engineers were able to come over and replace the modem.... YAY!

Just read met ie for tonight and will be nesting under every blanket I have and with any cat who wants to join me... one has been abed with me all day! . oh and the fire well banked up. and hot soup of course... wonderful to have my small nest of a home all back in order and snug.

Keep warm all.. oh and there is a sprinkling of snow atop the coastal mountains already.. utterly lovely

Tis my Friday though it's a long stint, looking forward to bed around noon ish tomorrow..

😍😍

Ah schtop the wee hi-vis, can he come work with me for the night?

If you can listen to a snoring dog all night yea he can go work with you 😂😂

That'd probably be the least frustrating part of my night, i'll expect him at 20:00 sharp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'll have to report this agreement...

He has no safe pass 😆

To thine own self be true

Advertisement