Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,449 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

You completely missunderstand the situation. You are highlighting parts but your counterpoint is BS. The tanks supplied will not come from Germany. Outside of Germany there is 2k leopard tanks of various upgrades, however with much the same technology.

The Germans have a few fears. First the optics of German tanks fighting against the Russians again. Secondly a few of the eastern European countries may well decide to send there complete complement and replace with cheaper Abrams. But there is other sources too Canada has 130 L2 tanks but more interesting it's has 50+ L1 parked up. The L1 would still be adequate for Ukraine but would probably take 6 months to recommission, Greece has a large quantity of L1 tanks as well.

If Canada sends some then the 400+ target is achievable across all countries. Germany however will lose out as they will not be able to fill replacement orders fast enough.

Slava Ukrainii

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

My point in regards to nuclear weapons was that besides nuclear weapons they have nothing that can seriously threaten Europe .... I don't believe they will use them if the West intervenes actively in Ukraine. Its not part of their doctrine and would be disastrous

• Registered Users Posts: 16,557 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

By the way, a really important addition (https://t.me/Andrafanaslive/8240) (if everything is really so). So your friends and brothers asked you to buy an SUV, because there is no equipment and there is nothing to fight on. You bought an L200, some of your friends with the rank of captain-major put it on himself and is fighting. Plus I brought him tablets and copters so that he could kill the enemy. And then again, it's not allowed. Put the car on black numbers, turn in the tablets, fly on a copter through a push-button phone, or better not fly at all, it is not provided for in the staffing table. And in a car with black numbers (now it is the property of the Moscow Region, you can put it on the balance sheet) the one who is indicated by the commanders and bosses will drive. They see better.

Russians are complaining that crowd funded stuff is being confiscated by officers. I see complaints on other channels about enlisted men being made to cut their beards or shave their heads. A lot of Z commentators are suggesting the newly promoted Gerasimov is attempting to crack the whip on army discipline. The move isn't popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Leopard 2s approved going by reports......

But putin has nukes 😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭junkyarddog

Friends, it's time to talk about the first team of drone developers. AIRCASE IRKUTSK (https://t.me/aerocase) We were charged 220,000 rubles for a drone. It was financed from personal funds, we did not announce a collection for it.

We wrote about it here (https://t.me/RSaponkov/3635) and here (https://t.me/RSaponkov/3776). AIRCASE IRKUTSK promised to make a drone in 2 weeks, but the first flight took place a month later. On a test flight, the copter fell and partially collapsed (https://t.me/RSaponkov/3847). However, after 9 days it was repaired and raised again (https://t.me/RSaponkov/3904).

However, almost immediately he fell, this time the camera crashed and the drone itself in total. The developers refused to complete the project and transparently hinted that they had no money to return or remake. It somehow logically turned out that if we want to see at least something, then we need to pay extra and get an average drone, 2 kilograms of payload.

Probably, it was necessary to insist that the money be returned, but we decided to get a drone for at least 2kg, even after 3 months. As a result, we received a semi-finished product without a camera (only coursework), without the required EW bypass systems. Then it turned out that the firmware flies from the drone and, in fact, it cannot take to the air at all. Those. instead of a product that can be tested, we received a hobby kit for 220,000 rubles. At a cost of 120 thousand. Those. not fulfilling their promises, they earned 80% of the profit on us. More details in the attached video.

Already after the delivery of the drone, the assemblers told us that for the next orders the price for this semi-finished product is 150 thousand rubles. Naturally, no one returned any money to us.

Now the collectors are raising money for their work (see screenshot), plus they are actively offering the participants of the SVO to buy their semi-finished products from them for 150 thousand rubles. Those. in fact, they are going to throw the guys on the front line in the same way as they threw us, since their drone is not flying and not capable of performing a combat mission.

Z supporters attempted to crowd fund the development of a drone capable of dropping a 2kg munition.

The project didn't go according to plan and people are annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭pcardin

you dont need to go to Ukraine to fight Russians. Plenty of them fascists here, I am fighting them first. My country could be attacked next, who knows, then I will fight them with a weapon in my hands.

Unfortunately, this was inevitable. After Ukraine were forced out of the town centre itself, the terrain they occupied wasn't remotely defensible and a counter attack would have been far too risky.

At least the setback has provoked a meaningful response from the West. Although why it takes such a thing to provide Ukraine what it needs is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Took that great big shove in the back from the Polish pm, earlier, to shame Scholz to do it - or he got scared by my Boris to replace him suggestion, but more likely the former. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

They were trying to pronounce cnocbui on a German news report about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Same mistake as you made last week - believing some random report. That tweet is 12 hours old. Given that it hasn't been reported elsewhere we are none the wiser.

#polit_analysis Polish expert: all signs point to Belarus' entry into the war.

All signs point to Belarus soon joining the war against Ukraine.

This opinion was expressed by the Polish military analyst, head of the analytical center Rochan Consulting Konrad Muzyka in a comment to Sky News.

Konrad Muzyka called the Belarusian troops "somewhat mysterious," but noted that the Belarusian army has been training almost non-stop since April and has recently updated data on its reserves. The training activity of the Belarusian military last year was the highest after the collapse of the USSR.

He recalled that Belarus has completed updating data on reservists. This means that the military reserve system is ready to be mobilized.

According to Muzyka, between 10,000 and 15,000 Russian troops are currently deployed in Belarus, regularly training alongside Belarusian forces.

Apparently the prevailing belief is that Belarus troops will be shipped into Orcistan and used to attack Ukraine from there.

I wonder have they wondered what's going to happen back in their former country once they have been removed from it?

Post edited by cnocbui on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

More lightly A russin conscript with the wrong colour armbands on for the areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

The fact Ukraine can't strike Russians at will anywhere in Luhansk or Donetsk almost a year after being invaded is insane.

When they can Russian logistics will take a big hit. More losses personal and armour soon after they get the capability but it also means Russian needs to relocate it's stockpiles even further back and that's a nightmare for logistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So satisfying. Nice intel coup.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yes they have. For a long time it was hard to find footage or pics of regular Russian forces with night vision kit, whereas the Ukrainians had more. Russians were whinging on Telegram about it. The Wagnerites are better funded and equipped which likely explains the difference there and Ukraine needs to match them.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Just a few posts back I copied the Ukraine requiremnts for volunteers, where former military service was listed an absolute. Will you ever just please shut up with this stupid and oft-repeated taunt. You are like a 10 year old child in a PS - na, na, na na na.

My father served in WW2 and in the half lifetime I knew him, he barely mentioned it. I had to wait for appropriate moments and try and wheedle bits out of him. Not you, though - excuse me mam, but did you know i was in a tank? Excuse me sir, but did you know...

• Advertisement

Poor Ukraine hasn't any night vision equipment... they soon will, probably already.

This lot has recently gone to Bakhmut. The orange ones - there's another out of shot on the right - and the big ones all have thermal vision, and possibly some of the smaller grey ones, which I'm less sure about. The big ones can carry a few Kg of lethal payload and the smaller ones can all carry those modified 40mm finned grenades we've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Reports that Russians have launched an offensive in Lyman direction from Kreminna

This tied in with Wagner attempted advances north from Soledar suggests they may be trying to force Ukrainian garrison in Severs'k to retreat or risk being (operationally) encircled

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

He's pointed out "issues" with this war since the start and he remains window update free. And will remain so. Russian propaganda relies on the occasional "realist" to say what many Russians already know, just to be "corrected" by others on the panel to steer it back to or update the official narrative. Really obvious stuff, but it works. He is one of those. Note when such vids are tweeted how they almost always cut before the rest of the panel reply.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Compleat and total twaddle... I doubt the Russia sub and its super Mario torpedoes could fart in the direction of a toilet never mind do anything else.

all Russia has left in the 'tank' is to make outlandish claim after claim after claim. That includes the supposed threat from Lucky Lucy in Belarus. If anything Lukashenko is been admired back home for keeping Belarus out of the war. Russia is all talk...

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

The Ukrainians seem to be piling on a mass of pressure in the Kreminna Sovatove area.

I can just smell another orc collapse coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I've done more for the people of Ukraine in one weekend in Pärnu than the keyboard warriors here have done in a year but yeah, keep telling us how you're fighting the bear from your armchairs.

Commander Wagner Group deserter. Hopefully a trickle of desertions like this can start, might be difficult for the Wagner foot soldier

BBC News - Ukraine war: Russia's Wagner Group commander requests Norway asylum

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64296979

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement