Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Yeah, -4 out my neck of the woods this morning, de-icing the car at 6.15am was not a lot of fun, was the city centre before I had feeling back in my fingertips!!

Still, beats the rain. We start back training the boys & girls teams tonight so will be hoping for clear (albeit cold) weather as not sure I could face a wet start to the season.

Sleep pattern slowly inching towards normality for me so life is returning to normal, all I need to do now is keep work at arms length and all will be well.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Chilly start here as well, car well frozen out there, will check temperature when dropping kids to school in a bit. Even though I don't think we get it quiet as bad as inland areas as we are close to the sea. Would take this weather over the wet and mild any day though.

Hope all got through 'Blue Monday' ok!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Blue Monday was an exceptionally crappy day at work for me, so it lived up to it's name! Roll on Blue Friday!! 😂

Brrrrr, what a chilly morning. ❄️ ❄️

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This chilly frosty morning really has peak Christmas vibes to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy Tuesday everyone, it's a balmy -2 here this morning 😀. Be careful on the roads.

• Advertisement

-2 according to car, looks like the heating will be a getting a hammering next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Chilly but bright start to the day here. We are in the country so can go out and start the car a few minutes before we leave to let it warm up and defrost. Will try get out for a walk later - our local club are doing the "Every Step Counts" challenge so which I'm finding great motivation to keep the steps up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

-3 out my way this morning. I am in the office today, so had to defrost the car at 6:30. I've already eaten my porridge and drinking my coffee now and I think I am just starting to thaw.

As most have said though, I much rather the cold, crisp, bright days over the warmer, but wetter and windier ones. You can almost start to feel the Spring in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Beautiful sky out there got out for a walk earlier, I feel like I’ve reached the 3pm slump already and it’s not even lunchtime

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I hear you! Work finally getting back to normal levels of crazy today. Looking forward to the weekend as I am away this weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Same slump has hit early today too, deffo going to get out for a walk tonight while it's clear out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just back from a walk, it is lovely out there and dare I say it, there's actually a bit of heat in that sun!

Definitely warmer in the sun. At least the washing I put out today isn't frozen like the sheet was yesterday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

There’s something about walking out in that crisp weather it’s great for clearing the head 👌

I love it. It’s definitely great for the head. Bad for the hands that I forgot my gloves tho. D’oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

Just back from a lovely walk with the dog, the air is so crisp, love the cold. We are being promised teeny bits if snow but will see if they happen - usually don't.

I use the water in the zip lock bag and it's very effective, plus keeps your hands warm while doing it.

Fabulous cold but crisp day here in Cork. Went for a swim around lunchtime and it was cold but the sunshine made it very enjoyable. I've just started walking again as I've had lots of problems with my knee and hip over the last few months - almost an hour to do 2km but it was lovely to be out on an evening like this.

Another beautiful morning out there, icy but clear skies. Very festive weather out there, did get the urge to play some Christmas music but did resist... for now

They were discussing on the radio yesterday how January just seems to last forever I was nodding along listening to it. Yep every year it seems to take forever to get through it.

• Advertisement

Yes 😎😂

Just had a very heavy sleety shower here, unfortunately no snow.

I feel as tat as one at the moment. Opened the last tub of quality street yesterday and immediately ate all the toffee finger ones😱

Fair play on doing a sea swim in this weather, I wouldn't be brave enough to go for one in Summer let alone now!

This day 2 weeks is Feb 1st, so for me whilst its not flying along it isnt dragging as much as it has in previous years. I think the fact we get paid again next wednesday 25th Jan helps soften the blow too though as I'm more looking at that date than the actual Feb 1st date.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Fair play that is pretty hard core.

You deserve the chocolate!

Your point being??

Sure thats practically the law in our house!!🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

For me, this week is going by a bit quicker than last week. Last week felt at least 13 days long, and we're already mid way through this one.

Also can't wait to get paid next week, we always get paid earlier in December, so it makes January feel even longer waiting for pay day to arrive.

I have to wait till the last day of the month to get paid. Fortunately I have so much money that it doesn't really matter.

That was obvious sarcasm, I am not Scrooge McDuck!

• Advertisement

Re-reading some of the old chat threads on here and I was 630 posts deep and realised I'm reading posts from 2013... which was 10 YEARS AGO!!!

How in god's name was that ten years ago, it feels like yesterday.

Advertisement