Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

He only needs safety shoes, have fashioned some from kinder eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

You may wait for him to wake up first 😂😂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hmm, methinks Alfie is a no show 🤣

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sitting room side, just finished watching first episode of the last of us, fantastic stuff!

• Advertisement

I'm completely ignorant of this show and it's origin from a game, might just drop in on it blind this week..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

You just can't get staff these days.😁

Snowing away gently here,was much heavier earlier, west Cork getting the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I had a nice jalfriezi or something tonight. Tasty. Freezing out. Just had a look on the car. Snowy white. Nicely tucked up in the leaba with the leccie blanky goin full tilt. No school tomorrow. Very little work so a lie in. Woo hoo!

• Advertisement

Mrs G has won the battle over the electric blanket in our house so there isn't one 😭 Woe is me and all that!. Just had the porridge, very delayed breakfast today.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Ready to hit the sack. Very tired after a very long day.

OH had his angiogram earlier today. Results were generally good but he will need one stent inserted over the next month.

Absolutely Arctic conditions out there tonight. 🥶🥶🥶🌛🌗✨

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Surfacing s l o w..l..y .

Had I known in advance what the last week would be like I would have got air ambulanced out with a total breakdown!. But i HAVE SURVIVED. Battered and bruised in many ways...But victorious. Online, ready to do my usual shopping list...

The most vivid memory is that directly overhead CRASH BANG FLASH of the sudden thunder and lightning hit. Nature has all the cards...

ROOOOOOOOOOTEEEEEEEN! We have ESBl abundant food etc. As soon as the dwelling warms up... My "contingency" plans worked well and I am delighted with that.... Everything needed was here.

ESB engineers deserve medals.. So do internet providers. ... The services out here are splendid.

Planning a lazy day perforce.

Stay safe and warm out there... all snugged in here.

Only just listening to the radio for the first time since somewhere in November.. Enough in less than two minutes. Just nope..

lol.. takes a lot of acclimatising to does radio..

Snugging down with painkillers after getting more and more clutsy in th ekitchen. Knocking the full kettle over onto the extension sockets made me realise I am not well enough to be let loose in htere! The CFS/ME leaves no stone unturned in life. It is a PIG of an illness!

But bed is bliss with hwb and cat, watching the light grow. A whole day ahead. Plenty to watch on youtube etc. Catching up with decades of no TV... The mounatains are still " tous nus" of "white gold".

Have 8 hours of meetings and problems (challenges) in work ahead.

Then 2 hours carers meeting tonight. Then hospital trip tomorrow morning. And need to make up work time for that during the rest of the week.

But at least it takes my mind off my other problems. 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

One of my home based colleagues ran out of petrol getting to work ASAP. So we had a KPI violation when he was late. Company solution was to move some of us to a hotel closer to the airport. So I find myself living in a hotel resort surrounded by swimming pools.

((HUGS)) Educated lady of leisure here... opposite ends of the spectrum...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I can't remember the last time I listened to the radio and I used to listen all day. It's podcasts all the way with me now. Probably not healthy as you end up in a personal bubble of topics and views to the exclusion of others. They keep me sane though. And if my listening is interrupted, which it frequently is, at least I can go back to the spot I stopped listening from and catch up. The "conversational" chatty podcasts are my favourite. Listening to people interact organically makes me feel less isolated and I love, love, love history shows.

The place plastered in snow here this morning. I should be at home making snowmen with the kids but no, the schools must stay open. Bah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Yesterday's dusting of snow is stubbornly holding on this morning. Looking like a bit 0f a winter wonderland outside my home office windows.

Struggling to get into the groove at work for some reason. Thankfully, it's a pretty quiet day so far...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It was a morning for a decent fry up.

Where is it so?. 🤣

Tomorrow is Wednesday tf, bizarre day I work tbh, I should be completely stressed after it but I'm actually the complete opposite, sometimes you just have to laugh or you really would just cry...dinner and a little glass of wine, it's all good.

I watched the first half of Maxine last night, it's a drama of the horrific murders by Ian Huntley 20 years ago as told from her side, I can clearly remember it happening, all the feelings come flooding back , part two tonight, so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

What station is it on?

"The case I can't forget" was on rte last night s3 EP 2. It was about the queen's visit. It was interesting.

I then looked for episode 1 couldn't find it, so looked on rte player. It aired in September. It was about Declan Flynn's murder in Fairview park. That was very interesting and really sad .

I have the virgin app on my tablet so I can watch tv that way ,so when I was scrolling back through the week looking for ep1 repeated. I noticed the Vincent Hanley doc was replayed during the week that was very good too if anyone wants to catch it again.

RTE1 tonight Calla.

If my tv watching history is checked over the last 2 months I'll be the main suspect in any crime, all those documentaries are fascinating, have to say 24 hours in police custody is my favourite along with 24 hours in a&e, was watching the new series last night, 2 brilliant episodes.

Brill thanks!

My tv habits are similar....crime and hospitals ...the fun things in life 😂😂

I binged Making a Murderer on Netflix during Christmas, absolutely loved it, also watched the Australian one last week, can't remember the name of it, the one about the 2 English tourists where the boyfriend was murdered...both leave you wondering what the truth is, very interesting.

• Advertisement

I don't have Netflix as I would never leave the house 😂😂

Advertisement