Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Acres scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭amacca

That's the main issue...I was happy enough doing my own admin, I don't mind paying but it's a pain in the hole not being sure what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Just browsing through the acres detail, glas was €315 a hectare for low input & traditional meadow , with no involvement after plan & nmp were submitted, acres only €200 a hectare, non results & maybe up to € 400 for results based, bring the planner out 3 times over the 5 years.

This " geo tagged photo" to be taken within 5 days of mowing in July/August. Is this another annual trip for planner or can applicant take it themselves?

No idea what a "geo tagged photo" is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

Has to be the planner. The photos has to be uploaded to their software that the farmer will not have access to.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,474 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

geo tagged is where a photo will have the location of where you take it and the direction it was taken in. it will have the time and date as well attached

Slava Ukrainii

Is that five days after mowing??.?

• Advertisement

The purpose of the photo is to qualify for the late cut meadow payment . So photo needs to be before significant regrowth.

Ah sorry...I thought it might be for the up to 400 a hectare scorecard one.

Happy I didn't fully launch....

The photos are needed for that also.

But the photo needed 5 days after mowing is a guideline time. Important thing is that it is before regrowth occurs to show that it was just cut.

Ah yeah.....In my head I initially didnt realise it was for a meadow option...I knew they needed a photo for the low input grassland one too and thought it was that and I'd misunderstood

I think I was teetering on the edge of complete outrage at the thought there wouldn't be any evidence of these fantastic wildflowers if I was forced to mow it a couple of days beforehand😅

It didn't even compute how odd it was that you had to mow what was supposed to be grassland .... I'm only one step away from becoming one of those outraged lads on the street shaking their fist at the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Sami23

Anyone hazard a guess at when acceptable letters will be issued for Acres ?

Just on the LIPP and the need for flowers to be present to score high is there any type of seed available that could be sown to establish these flowers does anyone know ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭endainoz

I doubt it, it's not wild flower seed type mixes they'll be looking for anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Sami23

Ok, if we knew what they are looking for we could try sow some to maximise the payment is all I'm thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,474 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

The best option was to opt for the no inspection LIPP as long as you had 4-5 grasses in the sward and a few dandelions you were ok.

Slava Ukrainii

I can see a lot of issues coming with these inspections, certain flowers will only be blooming at certain times of the year. I think there will be some options for farmers to take geotagged photos at certain times of year but we'll have to see how that's implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Base price

If you click on the link it will open a file. Click on Farmland Plant Identification Key - Species Guide which downloads a pdf file showing all the flowers.

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/f5a48-agri-climate-rural-environment-scheme-acres/#farmland-plant-identification-key-species-guide

• Registered Users Posts: 21,335 ✭✭✭✭Water John

That's really good, thanks Base.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Durrus Boy

Has anyone got a bill from their advisor for land that is in the ACRES Co-operation zone??

As far as I'm aware, all they've had to do so far was hit the expression of interest button as the specific area plan would dictate what measures would be applicable in each Co operation zone...

Was surprised to get one is all, as we rarely have contact with him and were already debating whether we would participate..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Base price

@Sami23 or other people that chose the result based payment got a chance to look through the download that I posted the link too but from page 71 to 79 also shows a list of negative indicator flowers/plants. I assume you will be docked points if they are present on your farm? I was surprised to see that whins/gorse is amongst the list as I thought it was an important plant for pollinating insects - maybe it's ok growing in the hedgerows but not encroaching into grassland?

Bty, we didn't choose the low input results based pasture option, I just posted the link as information for those that are interested.

Post edited by Base price on

Are you saying your advisor applied on your behalf even though you hadn't told them to?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

And in certain years, wild flowers prefer drier weather than we are used to the last few decades

• Advertisement

Ya, we've only used this guy for AEOS, GLAS etc and only have interaction at the beginning of each scheme's plan as the land is designated SAC. Haven't spoken to him in a couple of years!!

Was just wondering had anyone else with land in a Co-operation area got a bill from their advisor for doing nothing!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭anthony500_1

I'm in a co operation zone, unlike you I did meet with my advisor, we went though what he could and could not pick at that point for the general actions and explained in good detail as to why I could or could not pick the actions. I got my bill last week from him, less then I thought it would be which was a nice surprise.

I've no bill got yet, they don't need to make a plan for a CP zone yet so I'm a bit confused as to why people are being charged already.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭anthony500_1

Well for the initial 7500 you have actions to pick have you not??? ( As always I'm open to correction) I know I picked Connemara pony's, and stone wall maintenance, he went through all the walls picked out the max number of meters I would be allowed and marked them down on the map online. The low input permanent pasture has to be scored in say June, in the CP zone your fields have to be scored you can't take a flat price per ha, so he could not say how much he would be able to claim without an inspection. It was anywhere from 400ha to 0ha depending on the levels of flowers etc and that for me was what made up the rest of the figures to 7.5k

The CP zone makes up an additional 3k which they have not decided yet which actions they will be going with.

My advisor called too as we had to submit options. As I'm organic i wanted to pick actions that would not reduce my land under that. However, we went with 2 ha stream including 10 trees, the rest I'd already decided some hedging and the 300 trees. Any help planting next winter will be gratefully accepted😁

Ah yeah fair enough if they called out about the walls. I have no stone walls so it wasn't an option for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭massey 265

Like yourself im also in organics and chose the linear options in acres so as not to lose much of organic payment due to double funding.i checked out the tree option but thought that when u take price of tree,stake and tree guard it could run into quiet an expensive option and thats with planting them yourself.

I agree Massey, but I always had in mind planting trees. These will all be next to boundary fences. I am really interested in silvi/agriculture and these will not reduce my organic land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭massey 265

Good on ya.i have 300 mtrs of new hedge to plant with a few trees every 50 mtrs as well and i dont mind doing it either as it suits the field and havent planted any in glas or reps.i see we have til end 2024 to complete so should be ok

Advertisement