Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.DE

• 14-01-2023 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

I in error selected an Amazon.de voucher instead of the UK, I’m waiting to see if the company will re issue.

However in the event of not being able to reissue how do I order from the DE site, I have tried to set up an account on DE site but it won’t allow me to proceed as I m using the same mobile number as my UK account . Any ideas it’s for e25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

log in from the same account. iv bought from gemany ,france, italy and spain amazon all from the same uk account

the problem is you want 2 accounts with eh same no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭amber2

On the app, Scroll to the bottom, into settings Select location and language and click German -English . Afaik there’s no free delivery on .de items destined for Ireland, I stand to be corrected on this

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

Why would you set up a DE account?

I just used the UK account, I don't recall doing anything bar change the language and probably currency as I pay Amazon with a UK debit card which of course is linked to a sterling account. All my buying in Ireland is done using sterling with the taxed euro equivalent only appearing at the very last point when ordering.

I certainly didnt open a new account, I pay very few new vendors online because I have no mobile phone or smartphone. The trouble I have to go to is very memorable, so I know full well I have had no new Amazon account for at least ten years.

Having said that, my DE purchase was maybe a year ago, so things might have changed due to Brexit being an ongoing disaster.

Amazon are supposed to be setting up shop in Dublin, any news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

thank you all, I’ll give these a try, I just thought I had to set up another account in order to use the voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Kenlen

Slightly off topic but has anyone ever returned anything they bought from Amazon.DE. The package has to go back to Slovakia, I paid about 50 quid for it and the cheapest quote I'm getting to return it is 30 euro. Any suggestions how I can return it any cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

Had a similar situation last year when returning a €190 item. Hadn't even copped that the address was in Slovakia and sent it to Germany. Got notification it couldn't be delivered in Germany, got on to Amazon to get a German address and redirected it there no problem.

The replacement for the same item had the same issue and I sent it back through Slovakia, €36 first time versus €48 the second, both of them refunded by Amazon once I sent on receipt for cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ACAandCTA

Ordered a Vogels wall mount (for the LG CS6) from Amazon Germany late on Sunday night.

Got an email today to say it has been dispatched and will be delivered TODAY. So must be shipping from Irish warehouse.

It was nearly 20e delivery, but all in, was 90e cheaper than Amazon UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭sugarman20

Is it just me or has the availability improved a lot on the .DE site? I'm noticing a lot more products available for delivery to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

My issues is power banks. Why havent Amazon stocked up the Irish warehouse with them.

Whether I use .de or .co.uk they wont deliver a reasonably priced fast charging power bank to Ireland!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

Perhaps, but very little with Prime free delivery from DE. Delivery charges make it uneconomic.

Amazon.co.uk still best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I started using .de after Brexit, are there any customs issues with using the UK site?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

No customs issues at all, it is all handled by Amazon.

Only thing to watch out for is the price increases slightly when you go to check out, versus the price advertised up front. That is because the difference between UK and Irish VAT + any customs due.

But the rule of thumb is, if you are happy with the checkout price, then that is all you pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,500 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

to be fair the price increased slightly before brexit as well. the increase isn't brexit related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Just be careful ordering from second party sellers if not fulfilled by Amazon. If they don't fill out the necessary form and attach it to your parcel customs/courier/an post will charge you directly. Amazon say they will fully reimburse you if this happens but I'd say you'll be made jump through hoops.

Stick to sold/fulfilled by Amazon and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭RogerThis

I was looking for a battery for my echo dot. But of course, Amazon won't deliver anything with a battery. Check all the stores UK, DE, etc.

So, I ended up buying it for Aliexpress from Spain. Took about a week to arrive, and I **** you not, it came in Amazon packaging. With the usual Amazon smile logo.

• You can log into Amazon.de or Amazon.fr or any of them with your same log in credentials that you use for amazon.co.uk - or just switch country in the app.

Sometimes .de or .fr are WAY cheaper than the UK site for certain products. It's worth checking out. There's a delivery fee, but for example I was buying an electric toothbrush and it was nearly half the price on .fr

Also, bought a frying pan on .de that was about 50 quid cheaper than on the UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭theintern

https://www.hagglezon.com/ will compare the prices between the different stores for you.

A handy site to compare prices on multiple Amazon sites:

https://www.hagglezon.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

Excellent site - never saw before. Thank you both !

Great minds think alike, I honestly hadnt seen your post 😁

If people dont know about Hagglezon maybe Dealforager is new to you too? It searches through the warehouse deals in the country you select.

Supersaver Tool only works on the .co.uk site but is handy if you dont have prime and want to get your basket up to free delivery!

https://www.supersaverdeliverytool.com/

My fear is that the Aliexpress stuff hasnt passed the CE tests. One of the kids will leave it charging over night, resulting in the house burning down!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ConorC1

Does the Supersaver Tool just list 20 products each time?

Yes, you can use below which lets you pick categories but you can have too much choice just trying to spend €2.

http://www.fillerchecker.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,063 ✭✭✭✭neris

I started using the DE site after brexit because I thought there would be issues and delays. No problem with the DE site except if you try to buy from some of the sellers that arent Amazon they wont ship to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ConorC1

Cool thanks. Pics would be handy. Not sure why they dont have them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Often the price on DE with 8-10 euro delivery is the same as the UK price with "free delivery"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Often .it or .fr is even cheaper, always use haggelzone and if you combine multiple items it is even better.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I had bought my coffee machine from DE. Was about €150 less than from the UK. Did the same for a robotic vaccum. Saved about €60. Random better prices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just on this. I am returning an item to Amazon DE and the return label clearly said Bremen in Germany. My registered receipt from the Post Office says Germany and it has just arrived in Slovakia!! Does anyone know what gives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭editorsean

I tried doing a "Subscribe & Save" on a product back around March for curiosity as I could not find any info on whether Amazon Germany does free delivery to Ireland on recurring deliveries like Amazon UK does. At the time of purchase, it saved 15% compared to not subscribing. As I was ordering various other items, the ~€8 delivery charge covered the entire order.

A few days ago I received an e-mail in German about the upcoming automatic delivery and despite the e-mail mentioning "Versand Kostenlos" (free shipping), the total price was about €8 higher than I expected. Sure enough the automatic order on Amazon DE showed an €8.25 delivery charge, so I cancelled the order and also cancelled the subscription.

This means if you are buying multiple items for the one €7-€9 delivery fee, the "Subscribe & Save" is worth doing on products that offer it to save 5-15%, but be sure to cancel the subscriptions after the order dispatches as there will be a ~€8 delivery charge on each recurring delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I tried to join the DE Prime trial a while back and it still didn't include free shipping to Ireland. It's much of a muchnes for Amazon where things are sent from and returned to. As a european, prime would have more appeal if it wasn't country specific. Imagine if Amazon had a "Prime California" which didn't work when shopping in New York. Why does a global company like Amazon care if I buy something in Spain vs Germany?

Advertisement