Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Statement of liability 2023

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Sorry, when I said guess I meant what you said but it was alot shorter to say guess. I should have maybe said estimation based on evidence to hand, but you may have other credits/expenses/incomes they are unaware of. I didn't actually think they were using a random number generator, apologies if my wording gave the impression I thought the technical staff were guessing numbers over coffee for sh1ts and giggles, I foolishly thought that no one would think it was a literal guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

Went at mine yesterday, decent refund due to over payment before I added my extras, WFH, Rent Credit etc. Ran through all that submitted what I need to.

Paranoia got the better of me today and I logged back in to check again and I'm presented with the same thing still, SOL shows as available and when I click request I see same details as yesterday with the option to "Complete my income tax return" at the bottom of the page. So now wondering if system actually recorded what I did yesterday, did I actually submit? Or is this just standard that option remains there even after you have submitted? Dont want to go through process again if I have done, but also don't want to leave it if it wasn't submitted correctly!

Anyone seen similar to know?

As if the Revenue Commissioners are reading my comments / watching my browsing, seconds after I posted this I got a confirmation email that it had gone through! Only took 30hours but I'll take it 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

In rent tax claim how much did you stated if you dont mind asking me..as its a little confusing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭nhg

If a married couple - joint assessed & your annual rent is in excess of €5,000 you enter €5,000 (max relief available for married couple) if married - separate assessed or single & your annual rent is in excess of €2500 you enter €2500 (max relief available for single persons)

In the case of people in a house share everyone enters their own rent amount - if annual rent if over €2500 enter €2500 if under €2500 enter the annual rent amount.

Post edited by nhg on

Thank you.. i am the 5k case... Just wasnt really sure...but you made it clear. Thank you

You can go back in and amend your income tax return to include the working from home relief & an amended SOL will issue and a refund if one due.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Cheers, I'll wait for this one to go through and do the WFH stuff later in the year. no rush on it. Just happy on the nice payout for a nice payout for the first time in awhile.

Just got mine... No email no notification just a wee dot on my documents and sol ready...i am sorted. All in one 4 working days...to process for me...last year was 6 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Ak_87

Does anyone else have an issue with submitting receipts?

the button for actually submitting my receipts is not showing for me so all my receipts are stuck as not claimed status

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Still nothing for me, 10 days and waiting.

You can attach the Receipts to a My Enquiries if there for a previous year and the amount is being included on the income tax return

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LoopyLou17

Glad I'm not the only one! I submitted mine on 6 Jan and nothing yet... I must be in the long queue / query queue...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

Submitted mine on Tuesday, had an email earlier and money in account when i checked just now. Luck of the draw maybe?

Still waiting, nearly a month now. Mines is usually under the 5k amount to avoid ROS but this year when I clicked it it ended up being 7k extra income. So I've registered with ROS. But that only lets me submit form 11 for years way back. 2013-2014 time.

So I can't get an answer from them, can't get a SOL, can't submit via ROS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Mullaldo

Submitted my statement of liability on the 2nd of Jan, still waiting. Bit frustrating that there is practically no way of contacting them. Would like to understand how they manage their workload as plenty of friends have submitted after me and received their statement of liabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cnbyz

same here. submitted on Jan 2nd. i did get through over the phone but i was simply told to wait

Anyone have any idea what timelines looking like now? Submitted on 16th as had to wait until DSP numbers were finalised but nothing since.

Waiting game is killing me 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 27 e04bf097

Hi

Has anyone come up against this issue that I’m having?

We got married last year and as directed we let the revenue know and they updated Our status to “Married”

Now when filling out our form there is a question about new civil status in 2022, however “Married” is not an option.

I want to get our year of marriage tax back as it is quite substantial but if I understand correctly this is the point in the return that it is claimed.

Or is it separately claimed in the process? I didn’t see it under any other drop down menu

see attached photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It's already showing you as married. That's the list a status of married could change to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 e04bf097

I see that, but where do you then claim the year of marriage tax? I dont see it as an option anywhere later in the process?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

If either of you earned under €36800 in the year you got married you may be due Year of Marriage Relief. It is calculated on the difference of what you paid as two single people and what you would have paid as a married joint assessed couple on a pro rata basis by the number of months you were married in the year & the amount of income tax you both paid individually. The maximum transferable rate band whether in year is 9,000.00

Both of you will need to submit an income tax return for that year.

The year you got married is known as Year of Civil Union and you continue to be taxed as two single people that year.

You will need to apply for Year of Civil Union Relief by submitting a My Enquiries

Anyone else still waiting on this? Submitted my income returns in the 16th January and not a word since. Sent through an enquiry on the 16th Feb that’s showing as in progress but still no word back. Beyond frustrating as I’m due quite a decent amount back and that was before I added my medical and rental credit.

are there major delays at the moment?

Mine is a mess. Still stuck pending. I put in an enquiry and someone got back to say they processed it for me today, but when I check it it's still stuck. No idea how much I've to pay.

They make it so hard to give them tax 🤣

Edit. Just checked now and it's there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,611 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Still waiting also, submitted on 17th January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭Calculator123

I'm waiting too. Submitted last week of January. When I click in 'View Statement', is still says they are processing. Most other contact I've ever had with Revenue in the past has been much faster. Waiting seems to be a factor in all walks of life these days!

Yea same as that, usually get quick replies and everything very smooth in fairness.

Waiting is getting to me though 🙈

Advertisement