Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice one Harry!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Imagine that, the Taliban using any excuse to justify their actions and claim anyone who is critical of their actions are hypocrites. They’ve learned well from the Wests Opression Olympics and whataboutery, where they conflate issues in spite of the fact that one issue has nothing whatsoever to do with another.

Wait till they get to the bit in the book about Frostnipistan! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 15,108 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Taliban, great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The barbaric Iranian regime, who have behaved like this for the last 44 years, execute another person and throw in a bit of nonsensical propaganda for good measure and you want to blame the actual execution on a slightly dim and sheltered ginger man in Los Angeles?

Cop on ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Wait Iran is Taliban ? Are they not just conflating fellow Muslims killed.

They’re not, and yes, because it suits their purposes -

After explaining the nature of the Taliban as well as the problems the Islamic Republic has with the group, the Iranian ambassador is quoted as saying, “We have no choice but to side with the Taliban and make use of them.”

https://www.iranintl.com/en/202212043300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Was kind of a rhetorical question. I know Have lived in the ME.

• Not the point I’m making. Yea Iran has been like this for decades— but does that mean Harry should be doing televised interviews bragging about killing 25 taliban? He’s part of the royal family and like it or not he influences how Britain looks to the world.

Going about mouthing like he is leads to this crap. He’s feeding countries like Iran excuses for their behaviour as is demonstrated here. He’s giving them reasons to feel like they can behave this way through his behaviour.

It’s a disgrace that he opened his mouth about how many people he killed.

Much as I don’t particularly care one way or the other about Harry, he wasn’t bragging about it. He mentioned it in the broader context of his time serving in the British Army and how he had been trained to objectify the enemy. Naturally enough he was always going to face criticism for the way in which he put it, because it reflects badly on the British Army -

The Duke of Sussex wrote that he killed 25 suspected Taliban insurgents during his two tours of Afghanistan. According to reports from the leaked manuscript he said he was neither “satisfied” or “embarrassed” by the fact. “In truth, you can’t hurt people if you see them as people,” Harry said. “They were chess pieces taken off the board, bad guys eliminated before they kill good guys. They trained me to ‘other’ them and they trained me well.”

https://time.com/6245898/prince-harry-implications-killing-taliban-spare/

Iran didn’t need an excuse to execute a man they accused of being a spy for the British, but they decided to use the opportunity anyway to justify their actions. Trying to suggest Harry is responsible for Iran’s claims is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

This place is quickly turning into a worse version of the Daily Mail.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

And? A despotic regime will always find some flimsy excuse to justify atrocities. Non-story.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭rogber

This is a pointless non story you could have just put in the other Harry thread.

And as if Iran ever needed an excuse to execute people the regime doesn't like. They'd do it either way, if Harry wouldn't justify it their fantasy god Allah doubtless would.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Kurooi

I wonder what bright future the Taliban had planned for this hostage, had Harry not opened up his mouth.

I'm sure it involved no death and torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭questioner22

“In truth, you can’t hurt people if you see them as people,” Harry said. “They were chess pieces taken off the board, bad guys eliminated before they kill good guys. They trained me to ‘other’ them and they trained me well.”

Very American.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Terrier2023

Threat came via Spain same as the leaked book anecdotes, seems the duo have now an operating cell in Spain for their PR no threat was ever issued from Al kaeda. Harrry is fighting for IPP status and is trying everything in the book to get it, so his bird can feel important & superior. The original piece came from Montecito the Spanish were not going to be prosecuted for false threat to security so they gave up their PR instructions to them. Nice try Harry but ever silly thing your insta - loving female dog wife does just implodes. Take a hint mate go home and try to get some credibility back.

Advertisement