Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Look up the owners Facebook group, very knowledgeable and friendly group with lots of helpful information

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Does anyone know if it was AIB or Finance Ireland that the initial finance option was based on? Both/either are available within the account.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I like Matt’s style of reviews in general, and he’s not a Tesla lover but he gives the MY a raving review here against decent rivals.

It’s the older MY so bear in mind his gripe is the suspension, which is fixed now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Submitted a trade in estimate request on the Tesla site. Will determine if I move ahead. If I can make the jump for a reasonable amount then I think I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sprite0

I got an estimate of €30700 for a 192 Kodiaq against a MY Dual Motor. My local Hyundai dealer offering €37500 against an Ioniq 5 Platinum spec. Sticking with the I5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,377 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Please read the thread for your understanding. Tesla don't do trade-ins. They offload your car to the trade and don't want to know about it. If you plan to buy a Tesla and have your old car to get rid off, sell it yourself and you will get thousands more.

That’s sounds about right for a non manufacturer dealer that farms them out in fairness.

Tesla will generally offer more for teslas as they can sell them on their site.

Similar happened to me going to bmw with my Tesla. They offered me in the 40’s and I traded to tesla for 57,609.

Double post. Ignore me if you can…

Also advertise it online. While it won’t get you a better purchase price from Tesla it should reduce the cost to change and might make it possible. 

what car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Yikes, September delivery would not be good.

I sold my Kia EV6 today so am now pretty committed to the Tesla

Have 2 orders for a black and white LR in the hope of increasing my chances of getting one. But if I don't have one before the end of May I'm snookered, was planning to head of driving around Europe in the car by then!

If they are looking to sell a lot of cars this year and have pretty much as much production as they need in China they will be missing a trick if they can't deliver cars ordered now for 8 months. Or so I'm hoping!

• Advertisement

@blobert - well done! Would you mind sharing how much you got for your EV6? It was a 221 I presume?

Wouldn't worry too much about the Tesla Model Y, there are likely going to be plenty of cancellations from people who ordered in October, so you could very well pick one of those up when the first batch lands, which is likely Feb / Mar

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

I hope you get your car but it’s not so long ago that 8 moths would have been considered good. Although China has incredible capacity bear in mind also that it supplies the local market (second biggest after US) Australia and Europe. Ireland is a tiny market for them. Was reading today that orders in China went up 76% after their price drop which happened earlier in January. Although, as others have said, it’s likely that orders placed in Ireland last year and may be scheduled for Q1 delivery will have been cancelled as people upgrade their orders. Fingers crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Has everyone who ordered before Christmas completed the SEAI grant application? I don't remember getting it and completing it. Is it a link that is texted/emailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

My Model 3 SEAI grant application was only requested a few days before delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Thanks @eagerv I see that many are being contacted on it so must be getting close!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks, I got €50k from a dealer for it (221) which I was happy with. I had it listed for €54k for a while with limited interest. I suspect I could have got €51-52 maybe from a private seller but guy dealer came with cheque and collected it with no fuss which I'm happy to live with a slightly lower price for.

Also to only lose 1.5k on a new car I'd had for a year I can live with, it's rare that would happen. In saying that, I sold my Outlander PHEV for about €3k more than I paid for it previously so I've high expectations.

I suspect a lot of the orders to here since Oct have been for SR, so I'm not sure there were loads of LR in the pipeline? Will hope for the best anyway. Wouldn't fancy taking on European trip in my wife's car (Leaf with seriously degraded battery)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

Hope so, but doubt it's too close atm.

I remember the speed and efficiency at the big collection last March, cannot remember the Tesla Lady's name, but she was so helpful, forms were easy to fill in and return with scanned signature being accepted. It was all new to me but she made it all so easy..

@blobert - you did really, really well. Fair play. That dealer is going to struggle to sell that car for what he paid you for it.

And LOL at a European trip in a degraded Leaf 😂

It's a 222 (22nd July registered) MG ZS EV Exclusive. On the road it's €39,500 new. Mine is the one with the full glass panel roof, they removed the glass roof from all models now, so even if you ordered new one today it would be a lower spec than mine.

Plus it's main selling point is it's here in the country and doesn't have the 12-18 month wait if you ordered a new one today.

Got an email to submit photos and details. Found it odd there was no free text area to add any context. Like I had to select no service history, because it is only 6 months old. :)

Post edited by Grumpypants on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

how accurate / optimistic is the estimated delivery? Appreciate i only ordered last night, but its still saying Jan / Feb 2023.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

I'm not convinced for a minute that Tesla will deliver Feb-Mar orders and not deliver again until Sept. They're been banging on about a more linear delivery schedule for the last number of quarterly analyst calls they have held. China may be experiencing a big bump in orders as will every other country and yes the Irish market is tiny by comparison.

That said I'd be certain they are well aware of the grant removal in Ireland and the potential of mass cancellations if they can't deliver orders placed in the next few weeks, before it's removal (assuming it's binned ) Prior to the price cut the LT for delivery of a Y to China was two weeks I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

Well done, that's very strong money - I see one for sale now from a dealer for €51950. Obviously that dealer is confident Kia won't be lowering prices anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

But if the Kodiaq owner already has a job its possible they dont want to train themselves up as a used car salesman isnt it? Selling such an expensive car privately is something I have done too but you need a lot of knowledge - dealing with all the low ball offers over the phone at all hours, tyre kickers, requests for finance, test pilots and also having to deal with arranging insurance for test drives and the potential dealing with accident damage if it goes wrong. You also get into the million ways criminals try to defraud private sellers. If the car doesn't sell for what you want but your new car is arriving, the pressure is on to take a low ball dealer offer. Not for everybody!

Sure. For someone who has very little time and lots of money and can't be bothered making a few grand, it's easier to just trade it in to a dealer rather than try sell it themselves. This has always been the case. In the past this was masked by smooth salesmen in main dealers, making it look like they were giving you top dollar for your trade in, while screwing you over on the price of the new car 😂

Don't forget the €20 for luck you have to give them back 🤣.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Same as that, ordered in October, but no grant application as of yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

@Unkel - I see its mentioned you reviewed the Y RWD. I promise Im not being lazy, but clicking here and there I cant find it. Would you mind linking to it please?

I rented the LR for 4 days in October (not as cold as now), a 30min test drive sounded a bit short. Whilst not blown away by it, I liked it sufficiently to pull the trigger on the RWD. Suspension didnt bother me on that model, so any improvements are a bonus. Some surprises though were the Sound System, its nothing short of excellent. Finding the door handles in the dark, not so much (-:

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Same here - also applied for partial finance: rang Tesla yesterday, told me we just need to wait for the updates.

The site still says Feb/March delivery—trying to sell the car privately, but also put it for the trade-in to see what the difference is: wonder if the delivery times are just to get more orders in, with no plans to deliver - surely this would impact their investor reporting the next quarter. As in, orders vs deliveries, which wouldn't look good if they had committed sales but couldn't deliver them?

Thanks for all the posts above, very helpful indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Think I've asked this before and forgotten the answer, so apologies. With the Tesla Premium Sub do you still need a separate Spotify Premium account and to log into an existing Netflix account ? Or are they bundled in some way with the Tesla sub ?

Advertisement