Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Yeah, I don't like it normally either, but it really does look great for the I5.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

That's a shame, it's a gorgeous colour. The car I test-drove was that colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

I agree, gives it a stormtropper look, especially with the executive and executive plus black trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Question for ye, can the Ioniq scheduled climate setting work when the car is not charging or connected to the charger?

Scheduled the car to defrost this morning but when I went out it was a block of ice. Bluelink accepted the schedule climate the evening before so I presumed it would work. I activated the climate manually from the app but it seems to only go for 15 minutes and then stops which wasn't enough to thaw the windscreen.

It's not the biggest problem as it thaws really quick when you start the car anyway, I just thought it was odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

Yeah, certainly in my experience scheduled only works when plugged in.

I'm just in habit of turning kettle and preheat at same time in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Jackben75

wouldn't bet on that at all. Tesla has the name. Hyundai are a hyundai. I5 is cool but Tesla are now way ahead in the market now. its a no brainer to go with a better spec Tesla for the equivalent money. Relieved I didn't go with an I5 in November now. The market is not sustainable, people are feeling the pinch. Tesla moved first, positioning themselves as market leaders. Very smart move. Rest of the market now has to move but will still be playing catch up. Musk and co are brilliant innovators.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Abel Magwitch

I wouldn't bet on that either but I also think you're analysis is off

Buying a Tesla isn't a no brainer. It's anything but. I've test driven a Y and done a good deal of analysis on all the specs of the brands competing at this €40-55k range. It's not really amazing light years ahead on technology (it used to be, times are different now tho). There are some things that it offers which is really great but there are things where it really lacks or are less relevant in Ireland and most Tesla advocates aren't willing to acknowledge this while easily pointing out the drawbacks of say Hyundai, VW etc. Most people lack objective views on the debate (like saying it's a no brainer)

Also Tesla will have their market share eaten into globally by the Chinese, I imagine that is what this price cut was preempting. Other manufacturers are less susceptible to this competition as they can still sell ice outside of the western world in 2030 and will have a good runway but Tesla need that subscription model to keep the boat afloat

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

any specific reasons why ? We have the same colour, I chose because of something different and name sounded cool......should I be extra proud considering they will be limited going forward, just saying ;) :) :-P 🤐😎😋

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Never sold well according to local dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

I wouldn't get the official V2L adaptor (I have one) not suitable in the rain (connecting a plug into the other end), better off getting the after market one with waterproof socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

Get the an invoice with the Vin to be safe. I got that when I paid my deposit. No you cant track it directly but can do detective work to get a rough idea of the ship (will dock in cork now I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

@Abel Magwitch

Agree. The price decrease was driven by the Chinese EV competition. Dont think they had much choice especially with their ageing models. It was the correct move given their lineup but it may saturate the market with their EVs and thus lessen their brand. They really need a refresh to stay competitive in the medium to long term.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That’s what they used to call the white BMW i3. Storm troopers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Freelancer_47

Anyone else get told their March delivery has been pushed to July?

I think it depends on color. Apart from the car that already had a VIN (still for March) all the other options I was offered yesterday was for end of May. ...but the options were extremely limited, all based on color. So maybe you went for a color that's for even later.

The EUKOR web site shows no ships between Korea and Ireland whatsoever. Checked the UK and it lists plenty of ships.

Does Hyundai ship Ioniq 5s to Ireland via some other company now, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Freelancer_47

Booked Blue in October for March. Was told yesterday all cars on system pushed to July. So mad you were told availability in May yesterday. Unless it's to do with the specs or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

Does that mean the OTR price will go up again? (with grant reduction in July I believe)

• Advertisement

July is no good as the grants are only guaranteed to stay in place until end of June.

I guess that's an automatic urgent switch to Tesla as the only sure way to get the grant.

I'm still being told March for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭ongarite

This is the same garbage as last year. I feel lucky to have gotten my car now.

First it was April, then July & finally for Jan 23 delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Agree this is really poor communication from Hyundai.

I picked up my car last week but I had to change to another colour that I was offered as the one I had ordered was delayed to March, March would probably be July now by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Munster Blogger

I was onto my dealer today. He says there is a shipment arriving in Ireland 13/02/2023 so it’s tracking and on the way. I was given a VIN back in December and told March having order last March/April

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Munster Blogger

Given I was told the car would land around the 13/02/2023. It could be the same ship due to land in Tilbury (Hyundais UK port) on the 18/02/2023

• Registered Users Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭josip

Nothing is guaranteed with Tesla either unfortunately. The Tesla guys in Sandyford said that last year they only delivered in Q1 and Q3 because Irish people don't buy cars in June/December. Nobody knows if this year will be the same or different, but there are lots of opinions. I don't know how reliable the Feb-Apr indicator on the Tesla website for current deliveries is. It might be dependent on cancellations. It's also possible that the Q1 boat has already left Shanghai. There may be more but again, nobody knows. Better to keep all options open I think. Have as many horses in this race that you can.

Thank you.

I'm wondering how come my dealer doesn't know anything else apart from "20th of March" and "it can change".

How can it change if it's on a ship?

...and if it's not on a ship, it's 100% not March, is it?

I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Abel Magwitch

Fwiw I was rang before Christmas and told Feb 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I have been given a VIN by the dealer back at the end of November and they told me it is due into the country 29th January (originally was December). He is going to check with Hyundai for an update. I was also looking at the Eukor website yesterday and like the other post couldn't find any coming from Korea to Ireland. The Morning Pride is on it's way to Germany at the minute and due to go to Southampton 31st January but no idea if that is right or if all go to Tilbury in UK? (or if they eventually then make their way to Ireland from there)

Ordered back in June so would be pretty annoyed if it does ultimately get pushed back to July and loses the grant as a result.

• Advertisement

It'd be awesome if somebody could figure out how to use one of these shipping window sticker sites with non-US VINs:

It shows the port of entry, etc...

Advertisement