Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

looks like it one weekly quest worth 250 points every week. Here this week's one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

10 minutes? Funk that. I couldn't even get into the 250 point game last week, I didn't care enough to look into it. It looks like I'll be leaving 250 points behind every week so. . .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It is totally not worth the effort to spend the time on these tasks for 25c and 10 minutes effort. My time is worth more than that... But the time I'm doing these things is whilst sat on the sofa otherwise doing nothing, and for a number of the tasks being mildly entertained at the same time. So I do them, and then at some point in the future will get a pleasant "surprise" of some free vouchers for a game or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭Treppen

250 ain't too bad, sure it's 25c , but that's the name of the game. I'm up to €270 with all those 5c,10c & 25c

Just play the first few minutes/stealth kills of the game and rinse and repeat. Actually as games go it's not that bad.

I have a feeling this game will be on again so it might be worthwhile loading /saving in and getting to skip all those cut scenes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Plus all those 250 weekly quests add up for the 12 weekly quests to get the 1000 points.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

All the cut scenes are skippable, and its really quick loading the saves. Felt liek no time at all to get the stealth kills. Plus a handy achievement for the daily 50 too.

Ya it was very easy if you are quick enough with the first kill run over to the stairs on the left and get the guy with his back turned on the stairs.

It's 20 stealth kills for the achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Seems to be a lot less ways to gain points in the Rewards app so far this month and yet to see the Weekly Treasure either. Was bound to happen I suppose but hopefully things improve

So out of curiosity I launched Dishonoured via the cloud. It turns out I had a save just at the bit where you get the knife. It must have been a quest before. From there is took nowhere near 10 mins, more like 4. I was getting the 2nd guy before he got to the stairs. I also popped that achievement that the guy in the video got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I was trying to see if any of the games leaving on the 15th were worth grinding out some achievements on.

I spotted that Welsh Hunter had a walk-through on Pupperazi and was just over 2 hours.

Played and got 600G/1,000G in the first 40 mins, then the remaining 90 or so was so grindy, I just left it.

Hate not completing a game, once I set out to do it, but I just didn't have it in me to continue 😊

• Advertisement

Seems like I've lost my streak for no apparent reason. I did all the daily set yesterday, did my searches this morning and the daily set to see my streak is now 1. This happened to anyone else?

Is it possible they're clamping down on the auto searchers?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Streak is still intact for me

Yeah, my streak is still there too!

I wouldn't use auto searchers though, seems too risky, especially when I've so many points!

Maybe I didn't do the 3 daily set items, but I do recall seeing I had 495 points for yesterday which would suggest I did. The autosearch extension I'd been using doesn't seem to be working anymore so I guess I'll be doing them manually from now on anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Weekly Treasure is there today 🥳

My xbox streak reset after 100, not sure if by design or I missed week 101 but either way, it's killed any urgency I have to build it up again and I may have missed one or two more since.

My MS daily set streak resets weekly as I never do them at the weekend.

How are y'all doing anyway? I'm on 235k and just hoarding likely until a new box comes along

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm at 41 or 42 weeks stream in rewards and 33 days streak on the rewards dashboard. I have 35K points banked, not planning on doing anything other than hoard until a new xbox is announced.

144 week streak on the Xbox dashboard

110 days streak on the Bing searches one - I think @marcbrophy should be the same too on this 🤔

Yep, today is 110 day streak!

I'm also on a 127 week streak 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Very handy 250 points for the weekly achievement - just play a game for 60 minutes. You could just start game, pick character and then leave it sit in the background. I played through a chunk though, seems like a fun little puzzle game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What are the 10 week bonuses like at that end of the scale?

Still 2,500 but that's fine really, I can't complain :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Started the game myself and then watched some TV for a bit occasionally giving the controller a tap to make sure it didn't sleep.

262,000 pts , not sure what I'll do with them but keep going anyway.

I've stopped doing the daily amem 50pts since the daily searches started. Last one I was working on was Inside but finished now. Chicken Possible Rewards Hunter is doing Bards Tail which seems easy.

Tried playing Scorn late at night with headphones and dark room... got too scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

Anytime its achievement based mine gets messed up. It's really irritating

Anything achievement based.... Do not attempt on Tuesdays.

Speaking of which, if anyone has the Broken Age quest 1hour thing to do , you may as well play a bit for the next few days for achievements.

This guy has a fairly frequent achievement hit every 2 minutes for the character Veela starts at about 40 minutes. Press b to skip dialogue quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

Yeah it's not just Tuesdays it's annoying.

Weekly Treasure is there today 🥳

• Advertisement

A few easy achievements on mobile touch.

Leaving soon.

"Telling Lies".

6 quick achievements in less than 5 minutes (https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Telling-Lies/walkthrough/2).

Taking out the Trash: just move the text file on desktop into recycle bin

Pointless Game: reset Solitaire game 15 times

Forgot My Password: try any random password 5 times on an encrypted Wifi

Animal Logic: search a specific gibberish term with copy/paste

Librarian: Bookmark 20 videos by quickly opening/closing them

Hey: Open/close a few more videos to make it past 1am.

Advertisement