Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lboylan96

For each competency have two examples where you displayed the skills required for them. And use the STAR method.

Situation

Task

Action

Result.

The interview will probably be about 45 minutes long (sounds like but believe me it’s flys by.) You may be interrupted frequently but don’t let that put you off or fluster you. Just remember your competency’s and be personable and should ace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rossieboy20

Hi all, my interview is booked in for the 31st of January. Any idea of when my physical exam would be? I need to do a bit of work for it so a rough time frame would be nice to know. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Everything is very slow, I rang the appointments office earlier and they told they still haven't gotten the reports back from local Garda station . I met Sargent before Xmas and inspector two weeks ago both said it would be ewlry to midlle of January when I hear something and then I find out nothing has been sent back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roisinoharaa

this is probably a stupid question and I prob already have the answer but I’m wondering was anyone in same situation as me …. So I did my fitness in November and just failed the bleep had retest in December which I deferred due to an injury and I’m meant to have my fitness on Thursday but I’m after getting incredibly sick like fuckin typical…. But they told me Back in December that is my one and only Deferral. Like I am genuinely sick so I’m sure if I rang it’s either leave the competition or do it sick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

From what I've seen they've been strict on the 3 attempts thing. Sick, injured, whatever the case. Get in contact with them again and make your decision after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 glenns141

Just got a call from the local sergeant for a meeting tomorrow evening. Anyone have any tips or suggestions for prep?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kaycon

Any idea of the distance for the beep test , in regard to cone spacing for practice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TMG1990

Dress smart. Firm handshake and good eye contact. In a lot of cases, the station you're meeting in now will be where you do your initial placement, so make it easy for them to see you as a reliable member of their team.

They'll appreciate if they get the sense they're speaking with someone who's put a lot of research into the role - the pros and cons. As applicants, we can only know so much about what the job is actually like, no matter what we've heard or who we've spoken to but a Sergeant or SI won't be comfortable signing off on someone who's entirely naive to the role. A person tapping out of Templemore after a few weeks looks bad on them.

If you have any wayward relations listed on your form B they'll likely ask you to talk about your relationship with those people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 glenns141

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gardenfield26

Hi All, could somebody please advise, I am just registering My Id for stage 2 and it states " you should click the link at the top of the main menu page on the assessment website (‘ID Verification and Proctoring – instructions, common issues and resolutions.pdf’) and read the document.

I am a bit confused is there a separate website that i have to register my ID through for stage 2 and what is the website? Sorry I feel stupid for asking but just a little confused the way its worded on public jobs, thanks in advance for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 2 howdy345

Hi, does anyone know for sure how long the training will take place in templemore? I’ve heard a few different things ranging from 11 weeks to 9 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Asdfghjkl1

Hey Guys,

Done my interview last Thursday, when should I be hoping to hear back? I’m batch 7.

IIRC it's 11 weeks initially then 8 weeks placement in a training Garda station then 2 weeks leave and then a final 11 weeks back in the college up to attestment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CMT123

Is the pay still the basic €180 while on placement do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lboylan96

Anyone hear about a templemore start date yet? I figured they’d give a months notice from today because the next batch is due down around February 20th. Been checking the email every hour last few days 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

it's due for 20th of feb, invites will be sent when all is agreed with the college

As far as I know there is a daily allowance which is on top of the €184 a week while on placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

offers are being sent out, got mine a few mins ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 alanl23

What’s your Oom?? I’ve all stages completed and met with sergeant and super since before Christmas and was told to expect a call in the new year, I’m in the late 300s OOM, the waiting is driving me mad 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 10 joc2022

@Gardenfield26 You need to submit your ID verification before the deadline, it will take webcam footage of your ID. You will get an email confirming that it has been processed within 24hrs. I don’t think you need to send it to a separate email but I did it months ago so your best bet is to email gardatrainee2022@publicjobs.ie.

Does that answer your question? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wexfordgal0987

Anyone else get offers

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

yeah got an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tipp96

Got an offer as well. @alanl23 I was mid 400s in the original OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alanl23

Ok I was mid 500s in the original, got a bit mixed up earlier, thanks for that 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mann2022

My original oom was 900s where do you see your next oom or where should it show that?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

Got a message this evening saying I passed my interview. Any idea what the wait time is for a fitness test after you get results?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wexfordgal0987

mine Was 3 weeks after interview @Kevin17W

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Asdfghjkl1

It says the dates for the fitness test in the interview notification that you’ve passed.

does anyone know what was OOM works in regards to the interview? What is the highest OOM is it still in the hundreds?

Advertisement