Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICABS Watch [READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING]

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

A few things to take away from this.

This shoot in Kilkenny was advertised for ages,the Sabs [Lenstir hunt sabs FB page] head published about 4 weeks onwards to the event that they were going to hit this. Better protection and involvement of An Gardai in this event could have prevented this

[1] Why wasn't this done? After all firearms were involved and these groups are prone to extreme violence,so what would have happened if one of them had stolen someone's firearm

[2] Why wasn't social media and FB etc monitored by the pro-shooting side to be able to counter such attacks? Would think NARGC,etc would be actively monitoring social media,or employing someone to do so about planned attacks to pass on some info? Or even have a tip line as to be able to report such activity planned by these thugs?

[3] Everyone also has a pretty good camera on their phones these days. Don't be afraid to whip out yours too and film these muppetts threatening you etc.They don't like being on the other end of the camera lens.y have.

[4] In future its best that all entrances to these woods are posted and that we put "monitors" at these points to advise people that the woods are closed for the day...In the nicest possible way, with maybe a Garda present to see the peace is kept?

This is your Enemy!

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Rescueme0007

Given the amount of CC TV cameras posted on every street in the country and recording the citizens movements it's difficult to see how trail cams overlooking public spaces would fall foul of GDPR, a much abused piece of legislation. The images might be just the evidence to assist the AGS in prosecuting the woke, virtue signalling, crusty debris for their appalling behaviours and damage to private property.😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭J.R.

Police to make hunt sabs remove masks (UK)

This is a law that would be very welcome here

Unless you are a public entity, you don't have to post a "Big Brother is Watching you on CCTV!" on every public road or public space to overlook the citizenry. But you DO have to do it if it is on private property, where the public has a right of access. Or where your camera is covering your recessed gates off a public road.IOW it can only cover the recess, not the road itself. And both public and private entities using CCTV ARE subject to GDPR rules of privacy and data.

Trail cams are not generally considered to be [1] permanent installations and [2] Are put up to observe the game and not humans out in a forest.

However, there are plenty of grey areas here about trail cams.If say you used one on private property to cover a tree stand, pheasant pen,etc that has been or you believe will be vandalised by the Sabs. you are entitled to set one up to protect such. Not, however, to cover an entranceway to a let on a public road leading to such.

ASFIK not one has been accepted in evidence in any court case by private individuals or local govt, for Fly tipping or other. Mostly I think it comes down to the chain of evidence, in fact if it is sending a GSM signal, it must go directly to a phone monitored by AGS to receive the pics?Or get a clear enough pic to identify license plates or individuals.

Like drones, this is new technology clashing with dated legislation on privacy and other issues,so it is an utter grey area, until something happens. You can be sure the Sabs know this too, and have enough bleeding-heart liberal law mongers on their side to argue the toss too in court. The sabs Did get in hot water with the IAA when apparently they flew a drone over the private property of the few mink farms left here and posted their "results" on YT a couple of years back.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Out of question on the above, specifically:

"Or where your camera is covering your recessed gates off a public road.IOW it can only cover the recess, not the road itself."

So I have a gateway into a let, which is 20 meters off a main roadway which is public, but the let itself is private.

There is no issue with recording the public in public places(ie the roadway) and as you state I am a private entity with a camera covering the public place and my private gateway(my camera covering my gateway isn't a GDRP issue?), I don't see how that would fall afoul of GDPR?

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭J.R.

It doesn't. For all of the above reasons;

The well-recessed entranceway,20 meters off the public road.No call to cover the public roadway. The gate/ barrier is 20 meters into private property [which I presume you have posted as such, so there can be no mistakes for people thinking it's some public right of way into the fields/forest of your let?]So if they ignore the sign they are trespassing by accident or design and you have every reason to film /photograph away. It becomes an issue of GDPR as to what you possibly do with the info received and what these people were doing.

IE say fly tipping in your entranceway or poaching and you want to prosecute them.It can get complex then,as this whole issue of using trail cams f or gathering evidence is still pretty much in its infancy here,as well as securing a chain of evidence, and it seems to be a reason some councils are reluctant to use this technology inc UAVs to try and secure prosecutions, and content themselves to big announcements in the local rags.

All I can say on this issue of trail cams and public places coverage etc is.BE CAREFUL! and get proper legal advice on these issues.GDPR,personal privacy and data protection legislation do have teeth here in Ireland,and it still a very fluctuating and grey area at the moment.

" Appeasing the Minority...blah, blah,blah"

From a PRO of an organisation that could hold its AGM nowadays in two phone booths side by side... And there are about 200 hardcore followers of the collective rabble of these anti-organisations in Ireland.Compared to how many thousands of license-paying, conservation doing in reality out in the field and not online ranting, law-abiding hunters? Laughable really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Rescueme0007

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, I rather enjoyed that!🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Rusheseverywhere

On the main farming site, couple days ago. Might interest ye, as a farmer, crows are a massive issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭BSA International

His rants getting published never ceases to amaze me

Post edited by BSA International on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭JP22

One of those days,..............................

Advertisement