Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

They didn't coz I haven't said anything. I recently had some blood tests and seems my allergies have dissipated. So not going to stress about it as will be wearing a mask anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A not leaving the house day, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Back home after a long day at hospital. No broken bones but bruised ribs. How it happened is anyones guess . No recent falls. A mystery how it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I have run away from home - just for a week though.

I was offered a few days in Bergamo, Italy, and I’ve never been here before, so here I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

You're old so you probably sneezed wrong 😂😂🤣

Ah no joking aside glad you are ok.

Order in a takeaway and put your feet up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Received my car insurance renewal and by Jesus it’s gone up by €200 since last year 😱😱😱 Im being penalised for getting older 🥲🥲😡

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Get well soon. Bruised ribs can be pretty nasty, had that experience myself after my fall in Munich last year. Take it easy and don't try to do too much too quickly. These things take time to heal.

You're laughing, but I actually managed that feat a few years ago. In bed, had a really big sneeze and next thing I know it felt like an ill-tempered rhino had headhunted me in the chest...

Homeside here, trying to get a blog post going... again... I hate writer's block

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

You really have the best of luck 🙈

Calamity Thomil 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Ah well, I've had plenty of good times as well and I'm living the kind of life that ms former self, the school dropout living in a spare room at his parents place twenty years ago couldn't have dreamed about. Besides, things can't go wrong all the time, can they?

Who put that anvil up onto a ceiling hook over my chair and why is there a coyote sneaking out of my office? 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Same here. 200 quid more and no move on it from any other insurer. Pricks! Older in age and older car.

In other news I just booked Duran Duran tickets for the 3 Arena in May. All of us going. Just need a hotel to make a real night of it and we will! Ms G's second live gig within a couple of weeks. She knows the words. Raised on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,524 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I hope you feel better soon cjmaxx!

I am in the midst of decluttering, and what a mess I created! All while procrastinating cleaning the disaster I left in the kitchen (and for one who doesn't cook, it's a feat).... I do "tornado" exceptionally well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Very cold in the leaba tonight. No forward planning due to distractions. Leccie blanky heating up along with body heat. Hard to type as my arms drape over Mrs G. Goin back under the duvet now. Much warmerl!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I was on never in bed with a couple before

Thanks for the experience 😆

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Just in leaba here, just turned off the heating now so it's very cosy, pjs, dressing gown and socks on as a back up.☺️

Just watched the first episode of a new series on BBC, it's a trama medical one, probably the best medical programme I've ever watched, absolutely fascinating, a must watch for anyone interested in that subject, I'm genuinely blown away by it.

Stayed up way too late, there'll be serious cursing when the alarm goes off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Snuggled up in bed myself with the OH, listening to Portishead on low on the CD player. 😁💕🎶🎶

• Registered Users Posts: 25,404 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m just after watching a thing on YouTube about drones.

a brilliant invention for the emergency services…police forces, mountain rescue, Search and Rescue / Maritime patrols, certain businesses such as security, construction, the media etc.

but I for the life of me can’t see the appeal for the amateur hobby person….to spend that cash, go to X location and fly it around….

Seems like it’s around 600-2500 euros for the more quality and reliable models… actually one is 4800…so….

each to their own but I can only personally see a very limited scope for value and enjoyment out of this drone fetish.

don’t get me started on clowns worldwide that have been using them in close proximity to airports and motorways, they seem to attract some rather stupid oddballs in their army of ‘enthusiasts’…

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Sorry about the sideways, anyway, not a great day for sightseeing, but fantastic for sitting and enjoying a coffee ☕️

You know, you could just ask the drone pilot you have on this thread.😉

I get where you're coming from, though. It does seem a bit bewildering at first, to spend that much money on what is at its heart a glorified RC helicopter. Having said that, pretty much all modern drones worth anything are camera drones, which is where the real appeal comes from for me, which is getting aerial shots or videos of your flying area. As someone who has a snowball's chance of ever saving up enough cash for a PPL training course, let alone pass the medical exam, a drone is the closest thing to getting into the cockpit of an aircraft. Besides, as a content creator, being able to spice up my blog posts or YouTube videos (once I get started on that again) with aerial footage where appropriate is a massive bonus.

Regarding that last point, those morons who fly close to airports, that type of drone flying generally requires either a very cheap drone, or deliberate malice on the part of the pilot. All quality models (DJI, Parrot) come with geofencing functions that outright prevent a drone from taking off inside, or flying into, drone exclusion zones like you'll find around airports. Any drone pilot flying their DJI inside these zones will have to have manually overridden their drone's flight control software, which requires quite a bit of know-how and definite premeditation. From my understanding, anyone doing so is trying to deliberately disrupt air traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I just found a half-eaten mince pie in the big tin of Roses so keep looking!

• Advertisement

Sleepwalking and fell? I used to do that many years ago.

No idea why but feeling like ****** today. Just worse than for a long long time. Abed with one of the cats just .... appallingly unwell.

Ah well, as St Teresa used to say when stuck in the middle of eg a flooded river, " This too shall pass."

Too late, gone, they were eaten.

Gone, but not forgotten 🤣

Need to close down. Sorry

Look after yourself and hopefully in better spirits soon.

I have been thinking about getting one to watch a few fields /cattle I can’t see from the road .

Just off the phone to my GP’s practice trying to get a morphine based pain killer. I had it years and years ago for another rib injury. It was a wonderful time taking it. Ive never been so chilled out. Alas no luck (I think)

Would be a good use case for sure. Most modern drones have about thirty minutes of flying time, which should be enough for that type of "patrol" mission.

This might be more of a discussion for the drone thread over in the Hobbies forum, but I'd recommend going for an entry level drone such as the DJI Mini 2. Apart from simply being fun to fly, I have one of those myself, they're also below 250 grams, which means you don't need to go through a multi-day training course and don't need to register the drone.

Possible . I had a fall a few months ago where I woke up on the kitchen floor after a knock out fall. Anybody’s guess how it happened !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Hope your pain subsides, cjmaxx.

Working away in my home office today, Zooming students ahead of an assignment deadline tomorrow at 5.30pm and getting the usual excuses as to why they are late submitting...😑🙄

Advertisement