Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Echo 3 - Apple TV+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,292 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Michiel Huisman I am sold

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thought the first episode had more weaknesses than strengths, I'm not too enthused about the personal relationships. Second episode was more on form. I'll stick with it for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not a great opening episode however episodes 2 & 3 were slightly better and the ending to episode 3 was unexpected so I'll give episode 4 a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'm not sure how they're going to get 10 episodes out of it but know it's based on an Israeli series so must be a format they're following.

Some bits are ridiculous. Like in episode 3 using an IED to ambush the trucks not knowing which trucks the hostages were in and then shooting at them when they were hiding under blankets.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Episode 4 was about the sting of regrets. Again, I'm not too keen on the side plots/romance, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Think it's one of the few ways they'd get 10 episodes out of it but agree it doesn't make for very interesting content.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Gave up on this with about 15 mins to go in the first episode, should I give it another go?

The halfway point and our sympathy goes to Amber. I enjoyed her frustrating the apologist bloke. Nasty injury not long after she pulled a Richard Kimble. Good turns from Potente and Collins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They're certainly dragging it out.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

I've been sticking with this, but its reminded me of the game Hitman for some reason.

Its like you start out the level trying to be stealthy and it all just falls to shite and you fumble you're way through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Temuera Morrison looks about 10 years younger and to have lost a good bit of weight in this than he did as Boba Fett.

I'd be interested in seeing the original Israeli version - Where Heroes Fly, it sounds like it might be an awful lot better than Echo 3. There seems to be a lot of fannying about in this series, and strange things happening, like....

someone's mother showing up at the unsafe safe house like she's arrived for a bit of a break .....

I can't even remember what Echo 3 refers to, or maybe it's not been mentioned yet.

Something a bit inert about it all. Just wanna see the lads starting to squeeze triggers and go full on Delta.

Finally some action is on the cards.

Sitrep. Your Ma.

Solid episode with the assault on the compound, which was pretty well done.

If it's renewed hopefully it's not 10 episodes of PTSD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

This is rough going in fairness.

After watching episodes 6 and 7....so they had a coherent plan to kidnap the fella and just abandon it in favour of wandering aimlessly and openly around the stadium for hours.

They poison him, make a mess of the follow up, lose him again in a crowd then find him again no bother in the first room they check.

Then the mother shows up...does she pretend to have a bath so that she can get the gun or what dafuq? Made no sense whatsoever...and then she vanishes.

And then they torture the guy with their masks off....were they not worried that the politician might record the call and maybe release it online or whatever?

I'll stick with it I guess to see the storming of the compound but this is pretty poor imho

So that's that. Amber was understandably out of it. Not sure what made her a little OK later on, enough to have a gun at the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

This would have been a much better show with 6-8 episodes....there was a lot of faffing about that added little or nothing to the overall story....eg. the brother slowly befriending the fisherman, there was a slight payoff I guess but not sure if it warranted half an episode of coverage.

The last couple of episodes kinda nearly almost saved it.

Did we ever find out what Echo 3 refrers to?

And is there a second season on the way? Not sure if I'd watch it but there is a kernel of a half decent show in there

The shootout from the market looked cool and was well shot but their actual escape seemed a bit unbelievable tbh...they must have shot 15-20 soldiers I guess in a crowded area and nobody batted an eyelid.

And the army didn't bother once they set foot outside the market.

And then they just wander out to the port, hop on a boat, hi-fives all round and then stop for some reason at a 5 star fully serviced island hotel lodge....for yet more faffing about and staring into space

Instead of Echo 3, they should have called it Faffing 8.🤣

Advertisement