Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

Buy 25 standard postage labels with an post with their advantage card. Works out at about 5.90 or something. Can send up to 10kgs and drop off at their lockers. Only thing is their is no insurance. But you also have an option to buy a pack of registered labels, albeit at a higher price.

• If you ship often the 25 labels from An Post for €149 is your best shot (maybe UPS etc have similar options available if you enquire). I think the problem lay in how cheap it was and the volume of parcels prob wasn’t that large these days it just couldn’t make any money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭RayCon

Thanks up4dabah & Rylie Alive Escalator ... I don't ship often enough for the An Post service you mention. PM was handy for Ad Hoc shipments. No worries, will probably just use An Post at the higher cost. At least they are reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 7 juddasgoat

They got away with refusing to refund people when they stoped receiving shipments to the North even though this would have been the reason 90% of customers used the service. I had a package in transit (worth a few hundred euro) when they decided to stop the service which I never ended up getting because of the short notice they gave and they never did a single thing to make that right. They should return the money but if they don't they know most people won't go to any great length to get it back as the majority of amounts in most peoples accounts would be very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I have 30 quid in credit. I won't be letting that slip into the profits of UPS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Rainislove

My parcel is stuck with them for a week and I got UPS tracking as delivered to Parcel motel yesterday but still haven’t received any pin for the locker. What a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I've a parcel stuck with them too, worth about €250. it's in the Cork depot at the moment.

I hadn't used them in 18 months but I ordered something I knew would probably arrive on a day I wasn't at home, so this was the simplest option...so I thought. Also have €30 credit which I have emailed about and enquired re refund. (!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Arrrgghh! I accidentally left my iPAD behind in a hotel in Munich a couple of weeks back. The hotel kindly agreed to ship it back to me FOC and did so via DHL. For reasons, I decided not to give them my home address and used Parcel Motel instead; DHL handed it over to An Post last Thursday night and they in turn delivered it to the Finglas Parcel Motel Depot on the morning of the 13th - the day it was announced the service is commencing a shut down (I didn't get the mail either)!

I've had no luck getting through to them as others have said; automated responses to e-mails, no away of getting through via phone, I called UPS who can't do anything as the DHL tracking number won't work on their system...I'm really anxious the package is going to disappear at this point and I've absolutely no way of speaking to anyone about it - so frustrating 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Well I've got 6.50, and I want it back! How do you get your credit back??

That was the other thing; I received a notification from parcel motel last Friday morning stating I had insufficient credit…I thought great, they have the package but then could only top up by the minimum of €11.85…the way things are looking I’m not hopeful of getting the remainder back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Contact support.

I got a refund earlier last year and iirc the two options provided at the time were: make a deposit to get a card refund for balance amount or else via Paypal.

If you find a way out or a number to connect them, please let me know too

So I put in for two refunds through PayPal. Got the first one, because they didn't bother even responding to my claim. Should get the other one back in a few days when the response time runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Provided they don't just shut down their paypal account?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• PayPal won’t allow them to when there’s active disputes in place. Besides that closing your PayPal account won’t stop claimants being refunded.

Good news..ish. my package is ready for collection but I have to go to cork depot to collect within 48 hours. I can't get to Cork before Friday so I paid another 7.95 from my credit for a home delivery.

Knowing my luck, they'll deliver on Monday which is the day I'm not working from home! Bell Ends.

How did you contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Yep, I'm still in package limbo too and had no other topup option but €11.85 as PAYG stopped working. Seems their customer support zendesk has also shut down.

Fun.

parcelmotelsupport@ups.com was the email I used but I got no reply from it as yet. The message I got this morning was the standard one with the PIN for collection at the depot as it's oversized apparently (!) So I arranged a home delivery through the normal parcel motel site as I'm not in a position to get to the depot in the 48 hour window.

• I wonder if it’s not oversized rather they just can’t be bothered to use the lockers anymore.

• Advertisement

My understanding is the UPS drivers don’t have security access to the locker anymore. Good that you got the PIN, still I haven’t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

It's annoying that there's still absolutely no mention of the closure on the PM website, appears to be business as usual with them happy to sign up new customers and take new payments.

Like others here I've a few € on my account that I want refunded if I can't use it.

Unfortunately for me when they emailed me about the closure I was a few days over PayPals 180 day dispute period from my last payment so PP can't help.

So I emailed their support email (parcelmotelsupport@ups.com) and received an auto-response from UPS CS with a unique UPS case number. If anyone didn't get one of those maybe resend your email and see if you get it now.

I'll post here if I hear anything back.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CookieD

I’m in the same situation as others. I haven’t used PM in two years but was getting something on Adverts shipped to me so I topped up my account by €19.75. Now the parcel is going nowhere and they haven’t taken any money out of my account. I did send an email but just got the auto reply. I really hope they fulfill the deliveries they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Requested a refund tonight through PayPal and got it instantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

Who or where did you request it from can't get a single reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Paypal dispute - only if you topped up recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CookieD

Exactly the same happened to me.

It’s now a week later and still nothing from Parcel Motel regarding delivery/collection of my parcel ☹️

• Ha! I’m not even surprised they haven’t put anything on the website. I went for a nose just to see and some very interesting points.

The support tab is dead. Zendesk has a message that the company no longer uses the service.

If you check the “about” tab it still has Nightline all over it, they never changed. 😂

It’s a farce tbh.

• Advertisement

So I got my second refund from Paypal. That's me done with this company. From now on on, UPS will just be a necessary evil. I'll only use them of I have no other option!

Advertisement