Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

You would need something like the V2L adapter for sure and if the idea was to augment grid power you would need a way of matching more than voltage.

Btw I have a backup Solar system. There was two options, 1 to operate a dedicated subset of circuits from the Inverter or just to have a single set of sockets. You're allowed this in ireland provided everything can be properly isolated.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

Exactly proper isolation think I was quoted extra 600 when putting in solar have a car I can run an extension lead off in a power cut was one of the reasons I didn't get it. Running it through the fuse box via a charger is no bodge job 😁. Also need certification if your going to ensure the house correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kennyod

Picked up EV6 in yacht blue on jan4. Lovely motor. Had leaf for few yrs before but wanted more range. Only ordered early nov and had choice of 1 in two different dealeshisps so ring around if looking for one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Wallbox have a CCS home charger with bidirectional capability in the US, but I think it needs a 3 phase connection.

I asked them if it’s coming to Ireland last year and they had no info.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

Welcome, you did very well to snag one within a few months of ordering. The blue is a real head turner. Enjoy.

• Advertisement

Side note, if anyone updates to the latest Navigation software (20221223) if you notice any weird quirks you might benefit from a second install.

After my first install I noticed the following issues:

1. Car is locked, I open the boot only (either boot release button on key or the exterior boot button), close the boot. Usually the boot locks automatically and the doors remain locked. After the update the boot would automatically lock on closing but the car doors would then unlock (the wing mirrors stay folded in) and the car beeps (as if you've left the car with the ignition running). So you then have to manually lock the car. This went back to normal after the second install of 20221223 software
    2. Remote Park assist (you know where you can move it forwards and backwards from the keyfob). After the initial update the car would turn on (screens come on inside, A/C comes on etc) but the car would not move. After the second install this feature is back to normal.
    3. I'd an issue with bluetooth and my phone too (it just forgot my phone but remembered my wife's phone), re-paired my phone after the second install of 20221223 and it seems OK again.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Ballylad

Hi, not sure if this is allowed, please delete if it is not,

Selling one of my kia ev6 gt line, 221 yacht blue 15k kms if anyone is interested before I decide to trade it in to garage . Thnks

I doubt you'll have an issue selling it privately to be honest. Sounds like you got the exact car I was after this time last year (got the black instead, just to guarantee delivery).

Could be worth more than you paid for it, what type of trade in are they offering you?

Does anyone know if the screen that pops up when you turn on the car can be changed. The pic is of a car with remaining battery power. I would love if I could get the radio or home screen to come up instead. Any help appreciated. First world problems I know! Really like the car. It’s so quiet in comparison to the leaf it replaced and I can’t get over the internal space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Ballylad

Was getting 56k against a gt line s, 51.5 to buy it straight from me, I’m trading an earth for a black gt line next week, did you ceramic coat the black one, does scratches show on it easily

I didn't ceramic coat mine, sort of regret it now as it looks filthy all the time, the black paint is beautiful in the right light (when clean) as you can see flecks of green/blue/purple - but only in the right light and when it's clean. Ceramic coating might keep the dirt off, or certainly make it easier to clean.

As for scratches, and swirl marks from cleaning: both are more visible on this black EV6 than on any previous car I've had (Silver Ford, Blue Audi, Grey Golf), I would say the Kia paint is quite soft (or very thin) - for example I've scratched a good bit of paint off on the inside door sill while hoovering (from the plastic nozzle attachment).

If you can find the time and money to ceramic coat it is a worthwhile investment - at some point I'll do a paint correction and coating job on it (or just wait for the chance to get an AWD version and start over).

also, just curious, what's the thinking in upgrading from a GT Line to a GT Line S for roughly €9k? There's not much in the way of extra kit in the GT Line S (again i'm just curious)

The GT Line S from the UK, so an Import? I think they're missing the heat pump but have the side radar for automatic lane change and the speaker system. It doesn't seem like a good deal and the reasons it's 9K more is because they didn't get the grant so you're paying the difference.

I got the car ceramic coated from day one, it's been great but after a year I've a few small chips. Also only ever been hand washed so no swirl marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Do you guys know if KIA/Hyundai vehicles come on the same ships?

Waiting for an Ioniq 5, due in March, but EUKOR has nothing scheduled between Korea and Ireland, at all.

I'm wondering if anybody has any information on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Hi xboxdad,

I think there is a shipment of Ioniq 5's due to arrive into Cork on Feb 13th 2023.

It may take a week or two for the various dealers to process what belongs to them & get them from the port, prep them & have ready to deliver to the customers - so that would probably be a late Feb early to mid March 2023 time frame.

There are several ships in transit at present, carrying cars, that originated from the port of Ulsan (typically where the I5s are shipped from for us here in Ireland)..

Its hard to know all the ports a ship may stop at on its journey as the vessel tracking sites usually only show the next port information & when it leaves that port then the next one is displayed.

I think its usually the port of Tilbury in the UK where Hyundai cars are delivered for the UK (or maybe Southhampton as well I'm not certain). So I don't know if these large ships would dock in Cork themselves on their journey or whether cars are brought from the UK to Ireland separately on their own journey.

Anyway enough of the rambling (sorry for all the uncertainties - I've no inside knowledge etc..)..

The Morning Pride left Ulsan on December 13th 2022. Its due to arrive in Southhampton on Feb 1st 2023. So that might be one of the ships your car could be on as it could fit within the Feb 13th - March 2023 timeframe for Ireland.

The Morning Cecilie left Ulsan on January 17th 2023 (eg 2 days ago). Its due to arrive in Tilbury UK on Feb 18th 2023. So that might be a contender as well.

Several people have been told independently by their dealers that their Ioniq 5 is scheduled to arrive in Ireland on Feb 13th 2023 (delivery to customer a few weeks after that)..

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Thanks very much! Very interesting information. The car was built in November (found out via Global Service Way using the VIN), so I hope it'll be on one of those ships you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Picked up my Black EV6 yesterday. Delighted so far! Ordered in October so delighted to get it now.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

Hi, I have my car for a few weeks now but I can't seem to figure out the charging timer. Every time I set it from the app it only works for that charge cycle, it doesn't seem to store the details I have set. Is this normal or am I missing something.

I rely on the timer in my zappi, but I'll try the following (from the app) for a few days and report back if it forgets the scheduling or not

• Advertisement

Update: scheduled charging has moved onto the next day that I scheduled (following a successful charge).

@kennyod do you have all the software updates installed (head unit should be version 221223)? I assume so if you only picked it up recently

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pphil

Hi @eltoastero.

My charger times are constantly being reset to null, both in the app, and when set directly in the car. I only charge a couple of times a week at most so am in a habit of double checking before I charge. Its a bit of a pain, but not enough to make me go chase it up. I've found the app in particular to be quite buggy so have learned to live with it. Not a particularly satisfying answer I know.🤷‍♂️

That sounds frustrating alright, I set the timers on my zappi charger because my first (PH)EV had buggy software regarding the charging timer. So I don't rely on the EV6's charging schedule often enough to see bugs (the last two days have been fine for me as a test, that's not to say it would continue like that).

Other avenue's to explore, before brining it to Kia (this is basic functionality) would be to make sure you've a profile set up in the car that's the same profile as on your phone app (you probably have this, but worth checking), and out of curiosity are you using the iPhone app or the Android (I'm on android, just in case there's an issue with one platform but not the other).

I've alluded to this in previous posts, but I've found that I've had to install the Head Unit updates twice to remove some odd bugs/quirks - perhaps a fresh install of version 20221223 might help?

Hey

I've just discovered that I dont have the latest head unit software installed on my EV6. It is a MY23 but the updater installer only has software for MY22. Do you think this would work or would it be risky?

Tks

my gut feeling would be not to use the MY22 software, as in theory you might ruin or reset some of the the better setting you already have.

If you go to "EV" - "EV Settings" and you see "Battery Preconditioning" instead of "Winter Mode" then you've got (IMO) the better software (that has actual battery pre-conditioning). But there's also a good chance that plugging the USB drive into your car will do nothing at all, the initial validation might notice the difference in model year and stop the install.

I honestly didn't see a single worthwhile change moving from the Nov 22 update to the Dec 22 update (and nothing has really changed compared to the May/June 2022 update to be honest)

Thanks a mil. Yes i am on the may update rather than the nov/dec one.

The only thing is a newer charge point is close to me but does not appear on my maps so i cant set Preconditioning for going there.

Yes i have Preconditioning rather than winter

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Has anybody of ye noticed range increase with the latest software update? (done mine end of Jan and been told that 3 software updates had to be done on my EV6!)Im definitely seeing range hike of about 70km on full battery. Dealer said its to do with better battery management software update. Is it just that they unlocked battery buffer near 0% range? It was very welcome software update all the same :)

There was an update to the BMS, but (from what I've read and understood) nothing that will actually increase the range by 70km (for example, unlocking a higher or lower section of the buffer). My guess is that the Guess-O-Meter is just using a different time frame of previous efficiency to figure out the new (potential) range.

For example, if the GoM was using the past 2 months of efficiency figures (including the really cold period around winter) the efficiency numbers would have been skewed down, compared to using say just the past month or two weeks of efficiency figures (much milder).

I was getting around 23kWh/100km around christmas (100% GoM range of 334km) where as now it's around 21kWh/100km (100% GoM range of 366km). Not as extreme as your increase, but you get the idea.

Can I ask, would you mind sharing the Software version number? In case the dealers have access to something newer? Cheers

I'm still chasing them to get the battery preconditioning update

I enquired about using the MY22 update on my MY23. Got this reply.

Hello,

We would not recommend attempting to update a vehicle with an update intended for another year, even if the vehicle is the same model. Doing so may damage the vehicle. We currently do not have any updated releases for the 2023 Kia EV6. I would expect that we may have one available come the spring update which is usually release in April or May. Please check back with us at that time for more information.

Sincerely,

William C

Navigation Solutions Center

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Funny you mention GOM estimates, as this was first thing that came up to my mind! However consumption stays the same, since software updates. And my GOM range similar to yours was just shy of 400 km on full battery- same weather conditions as now. Now for some reason Im getting huge bump in range :) Will check up on software version later...

Advertisement