Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I use this every day with city driving and is great, doesn't have to be motorway.

And 1k is probably still less than whatever pack you would have been forced to get with 2 or 3 other options when doing the initial spec.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Should be standard at that price point

Nothing premium about buying a €70k car and then the manufacturer kicking you in the nuts for €1k for TACC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thats a missed opportunity, at least audi do a very cheap 1 month trial and then you can either rent (over 1,2or 3 years ) or buy the extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Taking the p1ss not including it on a €80k car. It was standard 6 years ago on a €25k Hyundai EV. Plus autosteer. I guess that is another €1000+ upgrade too?

Then again, why wouldn't they if they can get away with it. Maximising profit is (or should be) the goal of every company.

Loads of i4’son donedeal now. Stock levels returning or customer cancellations.

‘I’d say we will have loads of cars spare in March between people’s trade ins dropping and cost to change increasing. Across all brands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

I think BMW have found out that pricing the high end i4 close to Taycan and the low end tens of thousands over other makes is not sustainable. Seeing how the bottom end of the price range of the competition has now moved further down I reckon some people had a lucky escape for rejecting their forced 222 registration Beemers.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Aye. Great car. But not €80k great.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 davewalshucc

I ponied up and bought it (but did have the 11/22 version to start with). Mostly N roads driving for me, and allows me to switch off a little. Cheap when compared to the cost of rear-ending somebody!! I “consoled” myself by saying I didn’t get stung for a price rise and only had 2 extras on the car, paint and H-K sound system. Brought it in under 67k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Picked up the car from Joe Duffy last night. Jesus its beautiful to look at and drive, still pinching myself :)

A big step up from the 330e both in terms of performance, technology and refinement.

• Advertisement

What have people done in terms for the BMW charging option ( Active V Flex ) ?

Active is €4.99 per month and seems to cap charging rates.

Flex is free with no cap on rates.

I do relatively small yearly miles, and would probably need it for the odd country weekend trip.

Congrats, similar upgrade for me.

However in terms of power I found the e40 the same as the 330e in sports mode, think the 330e is 0.2s faster to 100 on paper.

I did see they have a demo M50 in FK the other day so... 😁

Any to turn off the lock and unlock "Beep" ?

Googled it and nothing for i4 just older stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

There's an option buried in the settings, I think it's under doors/windows/tailgate.

Will check when in the car later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Well wear Mister Drak.

I remember you from the golf GTI thread a few years back.

Did you get a good deal trading in the 330e?

Yep, thats me, actually had 4 Gti's over the years, and loved them all :)

I actually got a great trade-in on the 330e, wont put out any figures but I lost virtually nothing over the last 2 years. That's basically how I justified the jump to the i4...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kevin.m

Active (along with Ionity Plus) is free for 12 months, so you can try it out and make your mind up after the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

Is anyone doing PCP on their new i4,the rate has gone from 4.9% to 7.9% which makes a big difference on repayments especially if you go with a low deposit.

Going to find it very difficult to justify changing now. Will see what way the numbers look.

That's brutal compared to Tesla/Polestar rates I have to say.

• Advertisement

And credit unions have 5.5% or lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I think the rates went up at the same time as the last price rises.

I can’t imagine pcp makes any sense at that rate?

I just checked what Porsche offer on the Taycan. 9.9%

onthe upside you’ll probably get close to what you paid for the car on trade in Digiman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Yeah I went with pcp and got the 4.9% when taking car in December. 7.9% would have meant me probably cancelling it tbh, extra 100 a month over 4 years…could afford it but paying max we were nicely comfortable with.

Goes to show that ECB raising rates will have desired effect of dampening demand and easing inflation.

I'd say that's just BMW bank cashing in some extra profits alongside the increases added to all models recently.

Went for a spin in a demo M50 earlier and I was like can we launch this bad boy? So we did and....

Almost lost my lunch 🤣

I expected it to be different than the e40 but not be a totally different car!

All rates are negotiable. Always, even when the dealer tells you they are not.

I've never once paid the advertised rate.

You won't get 5.5% at any CU unless you have a significant sum on deposit, even then, I've not seen any CU that is competitive against the rates you can negotiate with a main dealer, not in recent years.

Yeah PCP isn't for everyone and some are better off with a vanilla CU loan, it's easier, especially if anything goes wrong.

But I'd rather have my savings earning a decent long term return than losing 10% a year in real terms in cash or a CU, and a low 3 or 4% interest rate on a PCP.

I’ve no idea how PCP, HP or loans work to be honest through the various institutions and I’m even worse at comparing APR’s etc so I wouldn’t even get into a conversation about them as im out of my depth there.

Im lucky enough to be in the position to not need a car loan and never have but that doesn’t mean I don’t see the various offers out there.

Here’s one from Savvi Credit Union. I got the email this week and I don’t have a significant amount of money with them. Just a few bob weekly for the kids etc

5.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 23,349 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

PCP rates need to be 3 to 4 percent max really.

At 7.9, it's crippling. I saw a bmw PCP there earlier with a 10k cost of credit and accordingly, the monthly was way off where it would want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My CU has a green rate at 5.4% APR which can be used for EVs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,349 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

My credit union is at 10 percent for car loans. Nuts. They also want 7.5 percent on fully share secured loan. They actually want 7.5 percent to do no more than set you up on a monthly savings direct debit because that's all it is.. .. are people actually going for this.

So you hold 20k in the credit union. You go in and get a share secured loan and they give you 20k back out. You are then obliged to pay them back 400 per month for 60 months totally 24k to end up with 20k savings.

The mind boggles.

Advertisement