Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 21 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Considering a WC of

Meslier - Kepa

Bueno - Lewis - Trippier - Ming's - Doherty

Salah - Buendia - Mitoma - Rashford - Odegard

Kane - Haaland - Nketiah

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

If I was wild carding I wouldn't bother with Salah tbh..... himself and Liverpool are pure scutter at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Why are you sticking with Salah? Based on form he has none, compared to say Bruno at United, and then maybe use the cash to get another city player, even just Ederson and have Ward, or even Kepa if you prefer. The leeds lad Gnonto looks decent and the way Leeds play could be worth a punt.

I’d be strongly looking at Bailey, Gnonto and JWP with the intention of starting them every week. Definitely JWP. I know we have a glut of cheap midfield options but they are better than their price. I’d want two Arsenal too.

Hard to justify Salah but, like you, I’d be tempted to keep him too. No doubt he’ll be a much better option when Diaz, Bobby and Jota are available again.

I think your defence, bar Trippier and Kepa, is pretty shocking. If you’re not going with Almiron or Wilson then you should have two Newcastle defenders. Mings ? How could anyone want to own him ? I hear you on Villa defence though and would look at Cash.

I think 5 in the middle is a must so Ferguson comes in at 4.5m up front.

I think having a good (in form) team will also mean being able to leave money in the bank. You’re just going to have to get your head around not spending all your money.

edit - all that said I’d try my best to keep my WC at this stage

Bruno and KDB are both options there alright. Maybe Bruno to pick up that double then onto KDB for their double

• Advertisement

Well I have two arsenal in Nketiah and Odegard and the plan is one of Mitoma or Buendia for Saka for their double.

My thinking on the defence is this

Lewis - he'll play every second game, 3.9 for a starting city full back is great, have a playing sub.

There's only four teams that can be relied on to keep a CS - Arsenal, City, United & Newcastle

So if I want three arsenal attackers, which I do, then Arsenal are out. Lewis covers city to some extent, Ederson being the onky nailed option.

I'm assuming Newcastle and United win their league cup semis, so both blank in 25 alongside Brentford and Brighton, so that's why Ming's is not a Newcastle defender.

Now if I switched Mitoma to JWP that would ease that issue

I think I prefer Buendia to Bailey also, the models don't agree

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Don’t get the kdB love - but maybe I’m bias as I just got rid - he’s been poor FF wise since the WC, and as seen last night City can play without him and win. For the price he is you need to be sure he’s going to play the double likewise Lewis. You know Ederson will play unless he’s injured.

Ya KDB has been bad but he's the most likely mid to play both games in the double. With Lewis you're accepting he'll play one and that's ok because he's 3.9

If I went Pope over Kepa it would double that defence and leave me ok for the blanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭shmeee

Just got a hunch and did Mitro to Gnonto last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Not something I'd do. Your removing one of the most consistent and proven goalscorers this season(11 goals in 16) for a flavor of the month guy with 1 goal in the league. Also Leeds signed a new striker for a club record fee during the week and Bamford has returned.

Hope it works out for you though as Gnonto is fun to watch.

Have moved onto

Meslier - Kepa

Bueno - Lewis - Trippier - Burn - Doherty

Bruno - Bailey - JWP - Rashford - Odegard

Kane - Haaland - Nketiah

Leaves me with enough in the bank to go JWP/Rashford to Saka for their DGW or if both are still flying Bailey -> Martinelli

Bruno can become KDB or Mahrez for their DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I wouldn't say City can be relied on for a CS. 2 in their last 10.

The Man City DEF in general can't be relied on for attacking returns now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Tempted to take a punt on Bamford, 3 goals in the last 2 games since he came back, but will probably go with Toney.

Other free transfer will be Cancelo/Doherty to Botman and a potential -4 if I sell Cancelo to upgrade Andreas to Mitoma

Hence Lewis but I'd also expect them to revert to the mean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I wouldn't be getting rid of any city or arsenal players with the DGW coming up in 3 weeks

I'd be surprised if last night's victory doesn't light a fire unde City and we see them perform a little better.

If they win the next game, they're only 2 points behind Arsenal. How will that young team deal with that sort of pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,263 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Thinking of getting rid of Salah for either Rodrigo, JWP or even De Bruyne. Tough call.

Issue is I'd like to get rid of Kane for Toney for possible differentials gains as everyone seems to to have Mitro,Kane,Halaand.

Don't want to take the -4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭shmeee

It's an absolute punt is all, nothing more just to try and gain a bit of ground in my ML's. Still 50/60 behind top and staying at that level for last number of weeks, so this will have me either 40 behind or 80 behind maybe. I'll take the risk.

Ok. Ive taken Salah out and put KDB back in. They have Wolves at home.

I'm putting Almiron on the bench and starting Perrera. Thoughts on this one? Almirons form has been pox whereas Perrera is usually good for about 3 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭COH

Darwin > Toney

Expect the FA to announce his ban any minute now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭crushproof

Are many looking at Wildcard? My team is in a right state so a refresh would be nice.

But really we're just half way through the season so could be shooting myself in the foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I'd say wait until we hear more on DGWs if you can so you can setup the team for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

I'm doing my wildcard aswell, i'm going against the grain it seems and keeping salah, cancelo darwin and almiron on the edge aswell it's a tough call, i was even tempted by grealish in a moment of weakness

I don't think it makes much odds as to when you play it from here on in. Unfortunately this season what with the congested fixture list the DGW's are really hard to call and just aren't producing decent yields.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Is there any benefit of holding onto the WC going forward?

My team isn't that bad, but I'd still fit in 9 or more transfers. Just wondering if there's strats in place. Can't seem to find anything concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Any love for Alvarez? Looked quality last night but games aren't guaranteed. Would be taking out Mitro for it. Probably prefer a Mahrez instead of Almiron punt as Foden and Silva have looked miles off it recently so should be safer (which is still not very safe with pep).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm not sure if bias is to the forefront here but I think I fancy Nunez to create some chaos down the LW tomorrow. He's a big lad, and quick too. The only RB that Chelsea have is Azpi, who is a lot smaller and slower. There could be avenue to explore there, if he starts and is fit I guess. He has returns in his last 2 PL home games also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I think 3 weeks away is too far to be thinking about DGW's, especially with KDB is bad form.

• Advertisement

FWIW I think if you feel your team is on fire then theres benefit to playing it now, no good holding onto it for a big bang in GW31 when you're slowly bleeding out in the weeks leading up to that. Likewise if a -4 or a -8 could sort out your team then I'd favour that. I'm looking at 10 new players, 8 would be the minimum I'd need to warrant it

Advertisement