Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

The quote feature doesn't always work on vanilla - hello TA!

@Princess Calla I know what you mean, do they really think alien looks better than natural? Meg Ryan comes to mind.

I saw a Nutrisystem ad with Marie Osmond, who said "our bodies change with age" ---lol, that's rich coming from someone who is turning herself into a Michael Jackson look alike - age didn't do that to you, hun!

MJ or Marie? who knows...

Post edited by Deja Boo on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I got work done to my ass. I carried in a picture of Kim Kardashian and said like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah and they are all morphing into clones of each other!

It's like surgeries have a choice of 1,2,3 or 4 looks to pick from regardless of what your natural look is!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

24hr BP monitor is now on so there goes the next 24 hours for me. Trying to remain calm while my arm is being squeezed to **** is counter productive.

And I've training this afternoon. Boss tried to get me into the office for it. I said absolutely not. The BP would be rightly through the roof then!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just back from a few days skiing with a few of my family, including my folks. My sister let the dog up on the couch while we were away and didn't hoover it sufficiently to hide the evidence.

I'm somehow also to blame, despite the fact that I wasn't even here, because she's my dog too 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭teediddlyeye

Sick of dodging people that insist on awkwardly carrying 3 pints through packed venues.

Just go to the pub!!

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

Seriously, the fluck is wrong with the quote feature?

Dial Hard said, up ^ there: Just back from a few days skiing with a few of my family, including my folks. My sister let the dog up on the couch while we were away and didn't hoover it sufficiently to hide the evidence.

I'm somehow also to blame, despite the fact that I wasn't even here, because she's my dog too 🙄

I am sorry, this ^ made me laugh! Do we have the same family @Dial Hard ? cos...... I was blamed (years later) for my older brothers bad marriage, for (simply) not being around to babysit him when they were dating --- all my fault, lol!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If it's any consolation, my father told me that I took after my aunt (his least favourite sister, who used to stand up to his bullsh*t).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Watching Celebrity Tipping point… yer wan Mel C sporty spice is a contestant… it just shows you the abject fakery of those manufactured pop acts of the 90’s , girl bands / boy bands,…. Splice girls and this Mel wan were marketed as a working class, cheeky in your face ‘real’ sort of thing… where now Melanie as herself on TV is distinctly posh, sounding absolutely nothing like her cheeky ladette persona, very eruditely, very poshly and calmly engaging with the host and fellow contestant…..

I look at YouTube and an interview from only a couple of years ago, she is discussing a Splice Girls reunion and all cheeky working class ladette babe, accent and mannerisms…. Bringing one element of her persona to one gig… and the tried and trusted to another…..soooo which is it ?

I am sorry NH! ....family dynamics  can be so  hurtful!

• Advertisement

pretty trivial….i like WhatsApp but what’s the point of the voice messaging thing ?

either WhatsApp txt, or WhatsApp call, why would you want to send a voice note that has to be played in public to be heard unless the recipient is wearing headphones which is unlikely…?!

an ex of mine was always at that, if you want to talk…ring, now someone else has started….if you want to message me type… if you want to talk… RING ffs…. I’m not standing around in a public space with my phone blaring out your utterances….. 😒 whilst I need to strain to hear you.

the ones who are at this usually are looking around seeing who is noticing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

our dog slept in the scullery where it was nice and sheltered but not too warm.The old pair went to England to see his family. Of course I slept in that sat / sun morning and woke to find the venitan blinds ruined from the dog trying to get out to the toilet. He was a black collie called Darkie ( it was simpiler times back then 🫤 ) and he could put his paw up and push over the kitchen door. Cost me a fortune having to replace them . His granddaughter is now boss of the house

It's colder than a witch's fanny today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Dumb **** who are surprised when an unsupervised dog bites a child, particularly when they had noticed behavioural issues with the animal in the past. Seriously, what is wrong with people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Actual grown ups with a normal life who still don't realise that cooking grease spreads and get onto clean dishes as well.

Ta2, the same ppl telling me that if I use the dishwasher it will clean the grease off the dishes mentioned.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

increasingly odd online stories on MSN and elsewhere that appear at first to be legitimate reports. clickbait of weirdness keeps getting odder. those stories are even starting to look as if they come from legit papers and news channels. I have been caught 3 times this year. I facepalmed myself yesterday and nearly dislodged a filling for my troubles. 🤕

Dan.

I've a whistley nostril.

Also, when whoever refills the tea caddy doesn't separate the teabags into singles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Its actually a handy feature if slow at typing like I am & need to say more than a few words.

Also, if phone is put up to ear you can listen to the message as if it were a normal call

• Advertisement

Not quite as a normal call as you have to remove the phone from beside your head to see the screen to reply. 🙈

which begs the question are you not better off making a normal phone / WhatsApp call in the first place !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

I would tend to agree, but its what everyone seems to be doing lately.

I get irritated when my kids refuse to call on the normal phone app which doesn't require a data connection like WhatsApp does, it would make calls so much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm Ta'd I'm only vaguely aware of what WhatsApp is 😄

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Mod: Removed quoted post, as original was edited.

TA that a family member got a two item christmas present from a younger relative and then three weeks later it was the younger persons birthday and the family member gave one of the items back as a birthday present. Families 😤😤😤.

Post edited by New Home on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The kids probably don't have credit in the phone but can access WiFi.

I love WhatsApp voice notes.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Also what's with the peculiar way people seem to be holding phones lately?. Flat out in front of their mouth. If it's a call can you even hear them?. Do you spend all that time just listing crap at someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Irish band's Thin Lizzy's Live & Dangerous - one of the greatest ever live albums - gets a Super Deluxe Edition release today.

On a US music forum, there's over 700 posts about it since it was announced in November.

On Boards.ie's music forum - tumbleweed in the Thin Lizzy thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I heard what I thought was knocking on next door’s door, only to check when an order of mine was due. Today !!

I must actually put up my doorbell. After all I deliberately made a point of taking it and every other thing I did on my last house out.

• Advertisement

watching the darts on Premier Sports… a subscription channel I pay for.. however the broadcast picture quality is poxy, all pixelated and freezing momentarily…. It’s not the weather or technical fault with the box… I’ve switched over to other channels and things are working fine.

you’d think Premier Sports might put up an update/apology such as “ we are aware of the issue, working to fix,”…instead of customers having to perform diagnostic checks and seeing what other channels might be impacted….

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement