Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

But each student thinking they are original in their excuse 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Thankfully today wasn't as cold as the last few days , was actually able to be outside chopping blocks without a coat 🧥 Ok , was layered up but that's an everyday occurrence for me 🙈☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Must be me so as I found today colder than the rest of the week 😱😱😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yep, cold today !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

No I'm with MO4, today was more copable 🙏

Hopefully the weekend temperatures go up. Maybe a tropical 5oC 🥳

Was driving to work at 7.30am, still dark, very rural hilly road. Obviously not gritted.

Met a jogger and nearly had a palpation going by in case I took a slip.

Seriously, what do people be thinking?!

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

It's quite frightening, especially at that hour of the morning and in the dark 🌑 !!

Look at the temps for the weekend !

I think I'll sit outside on Saturday 😁

In fairness the runner was well lit up but seriously, how bad would it be to take a pass on a day you could potentially slip and break your face?!

It'll be nice to be outside without freezing 🥶🥶

Exactly, so easy to slip , especially on untreated roads .

Made a mistake of veering off this thread into other threads again. Plus I have spent the whole day in front of a screen working to make up time for yesterday.

Definitely need to get outside tomorrow, freezing or not freezing !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Welcome to my leaba. It's cosy here. Mrs G reading. Says hello to all. I'm gonna browse YouTube for a few mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Brr 🥶 thought it was meant to warm up! But it’s Friday 🎉

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm starting a rumour that tonight is a posh table setting in the kitchen with candles and Indian food. Beers too.

🤣 Made me laugh anyway

I just broke the handle of the axe 🪓🪓 Today is one of those days I think 🤔☺️

Stay warm chopping the wood and burning the wood. Very satisfying.

I have a pile to chop, but axe gone AWOL and I think I need a wood splitter. Only the awkward chunks left.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Waiting on an ambulance to transfer Grumpy to Palliative Care Unit. His time is very close now. I just want to say a heartfelt thanks to ye fabulous wherers, current and former (in case any are reading) for the warmth, company laughs and support you have all given me over the 6 years I've been Grumpy's carer. This thread has been a life line to me in many ways and I couldn't have got through the last couple of years especially without ye. Not sure when I'll be able to post again for a while but I'm sure I'll be back when I can.

Sardi x

Sardonicat , don't have many words at a time like this, but will be thinking of you and your Dad , and may he have a peaceful, painfree transition from this world to the next..

Look after yourself too in the midst of it all .

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

So sorry Sardi, you've been a wonderful daughter and carer to your dad, you should be very proud of yourself , I will be thinking of you both , a difficult time for you. x

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sardi, I have great admiration for you and your Dad having gone through all sorts with the services over time.. I hope everything is peaceful for this part of the journey and the boobly hugs are here for you on demand xx

• Advertisement

Sardi. Take care, my girl.

I hope your partner is being very supportive. Its time for you now to be carried by people, just as you have carried your dad for so long.

You are amazing!!

Peace and blessings for you and your dad 💕

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I second all those sentiments Sardonicat. You have been a wonderful daughter and carer. Be kind to yourself now and I hope the next while won't be too traumatic for you.

Sardonicat

Feeling very sad for you and your Dad. This is a hard time. Hope you both get peace and quiet in this last part of the journey. God bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thinking of you and your Dad Sardi, mind yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Sardi, I wish I could take that load of your shoulders, I really do. You've been an amazing carer and fearless fighter for your dad. Make sure you take care of yourself as well in the coming weeks and months and while I'm sure I speak for everyone on this thread when I say that we're all here for you if you ever need, or want to talk, please don't feel pressured to do so. We'll always have a chair for you either way.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Sardi you've done absolutely everything you could.

You walked a path I definitely couldn't and being honest wouldn't. I've so much admiration for you.

Hugs xx

All the best to you and your Dad Sardi ❤️

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Monday morning here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So sorry to hear this @Sardonicat , sending you love and hugs, look after yourself as best you can x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sardi, So sorry to hear the sad news..

Not an easy time.

Take Care.

Advertisement