Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal address generating wrong information when ordering items online

• 19-01-2023 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am not sure if this is the correct section for this question but it is a bit of a unique one. Does anyone know who is responsible for inputting the information into the database (which is what I assume is used) for addresses that generate automatically when ordering something to your house be it online or a food delivery or whatever?

The reason I am asking is because on any site be it Irish or abroad that starts to automatically generate your delivery address once you input the first few lines or the postal code my address keeps coming as being attached to a business that has nothing to do with anyone currently living at my address. It is causing me no end of headache and frustration when ordering goods.

I have tried to research online about how to get this resolved but I can't even find out who is responsible for or in charge of this process. Just wondering if anyone on here knows. I would guess someone somewhere is in charge of maintaining this database be it anpost, county councils or whoever else it might possibly be.

Comments

Advertisement