Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

Not finished reading the thread, but someone saying a defending nation is ‘bad’ doesn’t deserve the ability to post shîte on the thread - I’m hoping they’ll have lost posting privileges by the time I get to the end of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

What the Ukrainians are up against, people who want to annihilate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Deleted - Wrong thread

Post edited by SortingYouOut on

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes Jerry, I remember that milestone. But like I mentioned, if Russia wins the UK EU and the US can forget about any payment. There was in more recent time's something about the Falklands war debt too. In Ukraine's favor, assuming that they will win, from what we are told, its a very wealthy Country with mineral, oil and gas deposits, not to mention their grain ( presently being stolen by the Russians ) Slave Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

“It seems as though Mr. Prigozhin is willing to just throw Russian bodies into the meat grinder in Bakhmut,” Kirby said. “In fact, about 1,000 Wagner fighters have been killed in the fighting in just recent weeks, and we believe that 90 percent of those 1,000 fighters were, in fact, convicts.”

Might not be easy to get more convicts to join.

• Advertisement

Genuine LOL moment. What has this got to do with Russia?

He sounds like someone that fits Putins narrative for sure

I wouldnt be surprised if that number was alot higher,since they have used the convicts in first line in human wave attacks while barrier troops behind them shoots anyone retreating.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I had a twitter discussion with a Russia supporter and after back and forth taking apart their narratives with facts, they pulled the "Russiaphobe" gambit. I pointed out I also criticise America for their screwups and my own country's screwups with it, does that make me an "Americaphobe" and "Hibernophobe"? They had no answer to that. It just didn't compute. I've experienced this with Russians I've known too. They're remarkably and scarily un self critical and any faults they find with Russia are either because of "outside influences" or "troublemakers" within Russia.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Ukraine trashed what they thought was an S-300 anti-air launcher; turned out to be an S-400 launcher. Turkey's complete S-400 system cost them $1.25 billion.

This apparently is a first confirmed kill for this system in this conflict.

(Congrats to Ukraine on their S400 kill)

WTF do you mean "angle".

Germanys trying not to spark off a continent wide massive war. While at the same time help quench the ambitions of a madman. A delicate balancing act with potentially immense tragic consequences.

Putin is very possibly so mental that he wants a continent wide disaster as his legacy. And one very quick route there is to convince the Russian public that Germany is making a threatening move, open old wounds, rile them up in even greater quantities, get them deeper under his propaganda spell.

'Estonia is helping ukraine fight us on a very heavy per capita basis' isnt going to get the people out in the streets.

Equally 'Poland' doesnt have much historical impact or threat in the minds of the Russian public

Its Germany that is the boogieman of your tabloid reading counterparts in Russia. Putin can run his rhetoric with the word 'GERMANY' and point to history. But his bullsht only goes so far. He needs actual real facts to point to, his story needs those facts to help make his half truths. He needs a reality to twist into bullsht to sell, and images like German tanks advancing east, regardless of driver, have an undeniable weight to them. As a means to sow/sell panic and anger. Germany has to be careful about such optics, as the potential for a truly massive war, one not isolated to a corner of 1 country, but rather massive in the historically true sense/scale is there.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Absolute nonsense.

Why would sending tanks spark off a continent wide massive war?

There are already German weapons systems in use by Ukraine against Russia. Yet somehow that doesn't trigger these old wounds!

Pull the other one.

You have entirely fallen hook line and sinker for Russian propaganda cues. We've heard this propaganda line since even before the war... do you remember when any NATO weapons at all was a cause for escalation?

All the evidence so far shows that Putin is deterred by such actions, rather than the scenario you present.

It was nonsense then and it is nonsense now.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

The idiocy of maligning a whole nation. From the safety of your basement and anonymity.

Does it even cross the line for site moderation? I dunno. Hopefully. It should.

So you tell me then why Germany is being careful about sending its tanks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Russian propaganda is pretty much maxed out as it is. The Z fanatics and their narrative pretty much hold sway there and everyone else is too afraid to say anything. German tanks are not going to make an iota of difference to the levels of hatred and aggression within Russia. They are doing their worst as it is. They are not going to go nuclear over the deployment of German tanks. The only logic that will work with Russia now is battlefield defeats.

It has nothing to do with a supposed WW3.

Germany's political class has been deeply compromised by Russian influence and dependence on Russian energy.

Having to change its energy policy dependence on Russian energy and the evidence failure of their supposed 'ostpolitik' strategy is a political humiliation for them.

Germany's political class seems happy to accept Russian domination of Ukraine as long the energy flowed, and wouldn't have shed any tears if Kyiv had fallen in 3 days.

They are happy to sacrifice Ukraine for peace but their policy is wrong and short sighted and the quickest way to end this war is to give Ukraine the weapons systems it needs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Some people came here to tell us not to say the same thing about Russian soldiers in Ukraine....

Screwed up morals compasses or what

• Advertisement

He has the numpties fooled. But not so much the thinking population. Theyre the obstacle, optics is his (putins) tool.

Higher society doesnt buy his bullsht. Although optics can help change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It called covering your arse. Germany are trying to keep all options on the table. They will likely be the first to re-establish relations with Russia.

Conspiratorial nonsense.

If theyre so happy to sacrifice Ukraine, then why have they sent every reasonable and available means of defense to Ukraine. Huge quantities of military, humanitarian and financial aid. Along with diplomatic support at all levels. And self sacrificing economic sanctions.

Why didnt the shady political illuminati elite stop all of that? Tinfoil bollox.

'Happy to sacrifice' simply doesnt work in the context of 'multiple billions in aid'.

Of course the will,they will be also offer to rebuild the Nordstream pipelines too at the first chance they get to give putin new birthday and Christmas present,

They have caused themselves some serious political harm in eu circles, when this is all said and done I think new alliances will be formed political and military Wise bypassing the Germans altogether

How much have they actually sent, as opposed to promised and then found reasons to delay?

None of that disproves that they were happy with the status quo, or a status quo that sees Russia dominant over Ukraine, or a Ukraine defeated in 3 days. It was the US and UK who were bolstering Ukraine before the invasion and without that help Kyiv may well have fallen in 3 days. Where was Germany? Germany was bolstering Russia.

The overwhelming German public wants to support Ukraine, so they have to pay heed to that.

The aid that they have sent is more to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe, which they would in part be culpable for because of how much Russian strength they have funded through their energy prices. It is to hold the line. They are holding back, to send a message to Ukraine their support is limited and qualified, in the hope that Ukraine will settle for some of the Russian demands - either territory or Ukraine out of NATO.

And they can go back to trading with Russia as if nothing happened.

And I treat your asides about tinfoil and conspiracies with the disdain and contempt they deserve.

Three Baltic member states of the European Union: Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, appealed to Germany to provide Ukraine with Leopard 2 tanks

"We, the foreign ministers of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, call on Germany to provide Ukraine with Leopard tanks now. This is necessary for a quick end to Russian aggression, assistance to Ukraine and restoration of peace in Europe," said the statement of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Gabrielus Landsbergis and his colleagues from Latvia and Estonia.

Feel the pressure.

I would actually prefer that Poland and others just hand over the tanks without German permission. The more dung thrown at Scholz, the better.

But they haven't sent every reasonable and available means of defense to Ukraine.

Not even remotely close

I just debunked your conspiracy about Germany being "happy to sacrifice Ukraine" by pointing out that this theory simply cannot logically work in the context of Germanys vast aid of every variety to the very same country.

And now the goalposts have moved.

Lots of theories about the future, unsubstantiated claims of this and that. Pulled from your imagination.

No. Stop.

Billions in solid, real world aid. Thats the reality. I can point to that, its something tangiable. You can see it in action.

You on the other hand have some fruity personal theory. Just inference and whataboutery. Ooh theyre sending a message, and so forth. Your weird personal bias vs my established facts.

Most of what Germany has sent Ukraine is defensive in nature. Scholz may think Leopards, in this context, are offensive weapons. I think he's worried Ukraine won't stop at the border and will try rolling on Moscow.

Ukraine want's done with this war ASAP, I don't think extending it for the sake of vengeance is remotely likely, they care about their fallen way to much.

• Advertisement

Are you infering I said such a thing?

Such an inference would be bollox.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement