Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looking at Benzema stats, I reckon if the ball comes within ten yards of him, it will just teleport into the net 😂

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Played 1 game of WL tonight.

I can tell already it’s going to be an awful weekend.

It’s so sweaty 😂 glad I saved packs from previous weeks. Just quitting any games that are boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Strangely enough I had my best ever start with 3 wins in a row last night , lost the next two, one to a guy who was way better and one on penos which I should have won, let’s see how the next 15 go 😂

For all I liberally quit boring games, I still hit 51 points. Seems that’s my new normal level. Which is really nice, cause I feel my team is underpowered a bit, after not upgrading it for a few weeks. Another Ultimate Pack to add to the bundle too 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Lost my first 6 games on Friday. Came back this evening and won 11 out of 14 for Rank 5. I got awful red picks though 😂

Same 51 points.

Picks were appalling though. I’ve honestly never ever got a good red pick.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Hit Rank 1 (19-1) for the first time ever. Rewards were useless as per but the pride will last forever.

I just did my 8 rivals wins in 8 games. I don’t think I’ve ever done this before.

Dunno why but I’m buzzing afterwards!

• Advertisement

I played 12 games today and won 10.

Honestly I don't know what's happening. Maybe the wife put something in my porridge this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

TOTY Icons are LEAVING packs on Friday and returning some time after Sunday.....they're literally just taking them out of packs for the weekend that full TOTY releases, they're already a <2% chance of being packed from packs that cost €25, but that's too generous from EA.

Edit: sorry it's actually a <1% chance from a €30 pack

Yeap. They know everyone is waiting till tomorrow night to rip open their saved packs, so removing them now. And put them back in on Sunday to encourage people to splash more real money.

im waiting till tomorrow anyway, to try and grab a few Honorable Mentions for fodder, don’t have much faith in pulling a TOtY but I’d love to get the fodder to finish Zidane and get most of Mbappe done too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I don't trust I'll pack anything but I'm opening today, not that interested in the HMs I've seen and the slimmest chance at the icons combined with my impatience means tonight's the night.

It’s January 2023, and they still prioritise Libratore cards over Ifs. Sergio Romero getting the walkout over IF Rakatic 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Current team. Think I might try to get both Mbappe and Pogba done to replace Modric and Hernandez. Going to rinse all the club fodder through upgrade packs first.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nearly halfway done on Mbappé already, around 900k knocked off and a little under 1 million to go. Managed to get rid of most of the special cards I was never going to use and I’ve got no high value fodder left. So I’ll just be chipping away at him as I open packs now, haven’t got anything saved so it might take a couple of weeks but I still have a few unusable icons in the club if things slow down.

I massively regretted not doing his POTM last year around this time so I won’t be missing out again, and I’ve been dying to replace Gold Neymar for ages so this couldn’t be a better opportunity to do so.

Crazy expensive though.

9/12 done on Zidane.

I opened up some packs. Couldn’t resist. Saving the big packs, like Ultimates and the 100 player packs, till tomorrow.

mpabbe looks insanely expensive but I do know he’s the type of player who will be banging in goals for the rest of the game…

• Advertisement

84+ player pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Managed to do Mbappe for around 550k with all the fodder in my club. Had Eusebio but I'm a sucker for buying and selling so at least that's both my strikers locked in till tots.

Had to buy Roberto Carlos back...he was by far the most fun player I used at the start of the game and always regretted selling him.

Pogba is amazing...miles better than Toure or Marchisio's base hero cards. Toure especially is useless with M/M. At least Pogba is H/M so he gets into great positions and delivers killer balls in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mbappe’s potm card is ridiculous.

he’s only a +1 over his base but there’s no way he’s only that. Wouldn’t surprise me if they juiced his stats or else the latest patches really cater to him.

Part of me thinks he's way to expensive of an SBC for a +1.

The other part of me knows he'll probably be in my team for the next six months, and imaginary coins will be worthless next year anyway, so screw it, lets go. Better than splashing the coins on lottery icon packs that reward unusable players instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So I'm running with this atm but haven't played the game in ages. I had tott Bellingham and Dalot thinking I want them back but should I be looking elsewhere at that kinda money? Is Pogba any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Obliterated my club and bank to finish the Maldini SBC. Hopefully it was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

100 odd packs still holding. FB Mane, TOTY Icon Alonso and FB Pogba will all be done hopefully with fodder from the 100 packs. On holidays atm so won’t be back til 2nd/3rd Feb, so looks like I’ll be opening all packs Sunday when hopefully everything will be available.

I’m 5-1 in WL currently. So I’m at that point where I’m eyeballing a a nice 15-5 weekend, but know I’ll inevitably go exactly 10-10 in the end 😂

Well, this makes fitting Modric in easier…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mbappé done and dusted, first time I’ve ever properly had him in a team. Safe to say I’m not short of firepower now: (IG formation)

TOTY Van Dijk is the last piece of the puzzle now, but I certainly wouldn’t mind packing Hakimi or KDB if I was so lucky. 😄

Advertisement