Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭patnor1011

And that is precisely how most of the "help" looks like. It is a business nothing more. Ex communist bloc countries found a way to get rid of old junk while getting paid for it and also getting new shiny gear as replacement.

This is also why Germans hesitate to send any leopards in. For now, they do bring good money and orders are coming in. Yet they are not really battle tested and Germans do not want to risk upsetting their cash income finding out that they may not be as good as everyone think they are. Conflict is so intense they may suffer the same fate as gepards so Germans may think twice to send another export article in. That is also one of the reasons we do not see US tanks in there with excuse of logistics. Of course US is just happy to push Germans to send Leopards in so more US stock can be sold as replacement...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Same fate as the Gepards? You'll have to expand on that. They have proven to be extremely effective.

Doesn't seem an outlandish claim if the closest repair facility is thousands of miles away vs next door?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

They are on $24,000 PA, tops, and the prisoners probably a tiny fraction of that. Their original raison d'être was so Russia could engage in serious military aggressions and interventions globally while pretending it wasn't actually the Russian state doing it, such as launching a full on attack on US special forces and Kurds in Syria. Russia couldn't do that directly without starting WW3, but Wagner group could and did.

It's a larger scale version of the little green men in Donbas in 2014, who were local 'separatists' not Russian troops setting the stage to seize another countries territory for Russia.

Interestingly there now seem to be perhaps 4 private armies in Russia. Prighozin's Wagner, Kadyrov's TikTokers, Defence minister Shoigu's Patriot PMC and Putins personal protection, the FSO.

It's estimated that the FSO includes a corps of 20,000 troops and thousands of plainclothes operatives. Operating within the FSO is a military subagency called the Kremlin Regiment — or Presidential Regiment — that is responsible for protecting Putin. Another subagency, the Presidential Security Service, or SBP, is comprised of the guards who physically surround Putin when he appears in public.

https://www.grunge.com/493922/heres-how-intense-putins-private-security-is/

If Russia falls apart it's going to be mayhem, with basically war-lords fighting for suppremacy and all trying to get their hands on the nukes and other WMDs. Unfortunately Russia still has live Smallpox on ice.

Nope.

According to Czech defence minister Czechs donated 35 old soviet tanks to Ukraine and received 15 older leopard tanks donated from Germany. That was quid pro quo deal where essentially Germans footed the bill. They did so because Czechs also signed contract to purchase some quantity of new leopards and that is why Germans paid for the first deal. The devil is in detail.

It is all just business.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

🤣

Yes ok, Ukraine is losing. Maybe they need to talk to uncle putler and surrender.

Where do you get off on being such a pro orc shill?

• Advertisement

in the real world this is what the orcs are conscripting 😜

Something tells me Ukraine will be just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Seriously read back all my posts here.

As long as the West keep thinking they can drip feed Ukraine while keeping Russia content so they don’t use Nukes, Ukraine aren’t going to win.

It pains me to say it, but it’s the truth.

Never again we were told. But the response to Russia has been pathetic.

Russia still hold a seat on the UN ffs.

That tells us all we need to know about this war.

I think they are marshalling resources, like HIMARS ammo, for a major offensive, I don't think they are losing or suddenly in a bad position.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

Germany is scholzing for putin

Conspiracy theory doing the rounds SPD party are being black mailed by Russian secret service

They where literally in bed with Russians

Yep, extremely effective for a couple of days till they ran out of ammo. Then ukrainians cleverly decided to use them with incompatible ammo which rendered them useless instantly. There is still no ammo for them so they sit tight. You see, potential buyer do not see that it was not germany fault, they see that gepards broke down after just few days.

That may be the case with leopards too, ammo usage and wear and tear in this conflict is savage. That is why old soviet tech is what is being sent there and that is also what Russia is mostly using. There are tons of old tech and ammo stockpiles to go through before we see new tech deployed.

• Advertisement

I haven't heard anything other than the Swiss refusal to export the ammo and it instead being produced in the EU. Care to share the source of your claims?

Define new tech? Is HIMARS, javelins, Bradleys, NASAMS, Patriots, TB2's, Archers, Challengers, CV70's all old tech?

Thanks for clarifying that. You did not hear about it so it did not happen. Cool.

Also we are talking about tanks don't we?

I never said it didn't happen, I asked you to give me a source, as I never heard about it, I'd be curious to read about it.

It makes no sense if Germany is still supply Gepards to Ukraine if there's no ammo.

As for talking about tanks, you should specify that. You mention Russia is mostly using Soviet tech.... they only have Soviet tanks in mass production, so why state the obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I've definitely heard this theory before - a fair few dodgy links between the SPD and Russia going back many years, perhaps bribes and bungs as well. Perhaps they have something on Scholz himself......who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

You really need to brush up on Churchill. Zelensky is a decent man so please don’t compare him to that pig of Churchill . Churchill is closer to putin in character. Embarrassing stuff.

Churchill planned and executed chemical weapons attacks. Churchill suggested that chemical weapons should be used “against recalcitrant Arabs as an experiment.” He added “I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes to spread a lively terror” in Iraq.

He diverted food aid from Bengal in India during a famine. He said they were a beastly people with a beastly religion and deserved all they got for breeding like rabbits.

In 1937, he told the Palestinian royal commission "I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place."

Churchill certainly believed in racial hierarchies and eugenics, says John Charmley, author of Churchill: The End of Glory. In Churchill's view, white protestant Christians were at the top, above white Catholics, while Indians were higher than Africans, he adds. "Churchill saw himself and Britain as being the winners in a social Darwinian hierarchy."

And I assume you’re Irish(pretty embarrassing if you are)

In January 1919 Churchill assumed the role of Secretary of State for War and Air. Eleven days later the Irish War of Independence began.

Churchill's role in Ireland is most associated with deploying the controversial "Black and Tans" Named after their uniforms, these temporary constables soon developed a reputation for excessive violence. 

In Churchill: The Greatest Briton Unmasked, Nigel Knight claims that Churchill repeatedly refused to stand down the Black and Tans and even advocated the use of air power in Ireland.

Please choose better heroes or maybe you just idolise that above.

Half of Germany was part of the old soviet Union while other states who where completely do not want Russia

I suspect it might have a less vocal minority who support Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

That all depends if your family profited out of the Russians back in the day and still does.

A lot of old East German influence in its politics Merkel now scholz and it could well be Russian funded

Since Germany is comprised by Russia it should also be scantioned?

Or treated less as a reliable partner

So if US says leopard go in let others go ahead everything goes through Poland.

Source for this claim of the Ukrainians wrecking Gepards?

Is this it?

Ukraine received Norwegian-made ammunition some time ago to be used by the German-made Gepard SPAAG, also delivered in Ukraine. The reason: Germany did not have 35mm ammunition available for its Gepard SPAAGs and was forced to look abroad. Berlin even held talks with countries that have purchased this air defense system, such as Qatar and Brazil. Norway responded by saying it could produce them.

Now it turns out that the Norwegian ammunition already delivered to Ukraine is not recognized by the weapon system and it cannot fire them. Sources claim that joint tests of Gepard SPAAG ammunition and anti-aircraft self-propelled guns took place in Germany. According to them, new tests will be conducted in August after the ammunition is upgraded.

However, this could prove to be a very serious problem for the defense capabilities of the Ukrainian armed forces. They cannot currently use Norwegian ammunition. If the new munitions configuration proves successful in August, Ukraine will have to return the munitions already delivered to them back to Germany for modification. The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine and the General Staff of the Armed Forces have not yet commented on the information.

If so, your spin is unreal.

https://bulgarianmilitary.com/amp/2022/07/31/norway-delivered-gepard-spaag-35mm-shells-are-useless-in-ukraine/

Someone was triggered. I was referring to Churchill's speeches, given I had just quoted two of Zelensky's, that should have been apparent.

• Advertisement

It is not so it seems that your spin is unreal.

I will await your link confirming what you were referring to, with bated breath.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Citing international convention (chapter and verse) when correcting a person who said that international law should not be upheld is whatboutery worthy of large bold face type? Let me know how your next debate with a Garda goes when he pulls you in for a traffic infraction. “Gard, citing the traffic law is attempting to distract from the topic…”

When the invasion started Russian forces grouped 150,000 servicemen into battalion tactical groups (BTGs) and other formations and involved additional 70,000 troops from air and sea elements, with the remaining personnel staffing non-combat support units.

Russian forces committed more than 80,000 servicemen of the mobilized reserve, up to 7,000 reservists of the Russian Combat Army Reserve (BARS-2021), up to 18,000 members of the Russian National Guard (Rosguardia), and up to 8,000 troops from private military companies.

This doesnt include seperatist from Donetsk and Luhanks DPR and LNR,with another 40000+( But reported to have lost 50%,thats 20000 casualties,killed and wounded)

The second round of mobilisation Russia added another 250 000+ conscripts and reserves, and wagner group added another 50 000+ from prisons in Russia and foreign volunteers.

Wagner groups telegram channel reported that wagner group have lost 20000 so far in the offensive in Bakhmut,over the last 4 months.

And the reports suggest that KIA is 5-1 Russia vs Ukraine,since Russia is the attacker,and also because of Russias use of human wave attacks and barrier troops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Then provide your source. I suspect you’ve made it up or had the inability to understand the article you read….although it was probably nonsense you saw in 140 character format from a Russian source.

orcs wearing Ukrainian uniforms or fighting while wearing white arm bands has been happening since the Crimea invasion and still to this day.

It's a war crime.

There can be no defending this at all but many in the pro orc camp will try.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

""I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned"

Richard Feynman"

He might not have said this. And, there are definitely putinbots on the thread. Once found out, they run off, are threadbanned, and sometimes rereg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,547 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Putinbots attempt to fly under the radar by waffling about Azov/Zelensky/NATO instead of what is actually happening. By ignoring the atrocities committed by russia and focusing on whatever Ukrainian corruption they can dig up from unverified sources, they are inadvertently/indirectly supported russia

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement