Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No, the 5:1 figure stems from Ukrainian sources, except it was more like 8-10:1 since they got the HIMARS and at the time they re-took Kherson. It's probably worsened a bit again with the intensification and trench nonsense of Bakhmut and Soledar in recent months.

From time to time, Ukrainian officials do release official figures, such as:

There is a piece here which goes into more detail on how the loss ratio has varied:

Thats why you are better off going around the big cities in an offensive and concentrate on the military goals first,like in Kherson.

It will be to costly to send soldiers in to clean out building by building

I'm developing some scepticism on this. We are past the pont where Poland should actually do it or shut up about doing it. There was supposed to be an announcement of exactly that last Friday, but we got silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I disagree with that, he made fair points and i doubt you would hear different in the Ukrainian leadership.

He is saying that their will be a savage price for Ukraine to pay in lives fighting to retake towns, Ukraine is willing to pay that price, it has no choice.

It's why Russia will never take Kyiv, would 500k good men even hold it, not for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

You said Zelensky has surpassed Churchill as a great leader. Last day it was Churchill will be turning in his grave about Germany. You’re constantly referencing Churchill as some god, I pointed out how heinous he was and to stop comparing Zelensky (a good man) to that piece of shite Churchill as it’s nauseating and does Zelensky a great disservice. Funny you mention obtuse when that’s literally what your doing about Churchill

• Advertisement

I was posting to stop comparing Zelensky to the pos of Churchill. Maybe you’re just a hypocrite who picks and chooses which evil men he likes and dislikes where as I call out all the scum like Putin and Churchill for what they are. Funny you never quoted the guy who never shuts up about Churchill. Quite telling. Still salty about being wrong, I would have thought wiki was right up your street.

No I didn't:

I think Zelensky surpassed Churchill a while ago. There has not been as great a leader of a country for at least 60 years.

The first sentence referred to the two speeches of Zelensky's that I had just quoted. The second sentence refered to the world in general, in which Churchill was not a world leader those past 60 years.

Here is what your triggered brain thinks I said, but didn't:

I think Zelensky surpassed Churchill as a great world leader a while ago. There has not been as great a leader of a country since Churchill.

So now please give it a bloody rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Interesting point from this guy (in a longer thread). Russia never 'negotiates' at the conclusion of a war and always acts like a criminal / terrorist state, even after the fighting has ended.

Ukraine has regained 48% of the territory the Orcs captured since the current invasion, but they have had very limited success, really.

Well here's hoping for lots more very limited successes then, when the next Bradley, Challenger 2, AMX-10 not-tanks, Marder, CV-90 equipped offensive kicks off, backed by HIMARS, Archers and the additional 19 Caesars. not to mention the tens of thousands of fresh troops being trained in the US, UK and Baltic countries, who are going to be skilled to the nines, meanwhile the Hordes going to gallantly resist with convicts, political prisoners, drug addicts and the rest drunk on vodka.

It's going to be a bloodbath for one side. Ukraine is going to be even more mobile and manoeuvring than they have been before, when they only had those limited successes.

Quack me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,939 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Putin loves people fighting, he knows he won't last long if people start thinking. Sadly the Russia people are brainwashed, and thinking is something they can't do for themselves

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ that is embarrassing. I guess when you said Churchill would be turning in his grave about Germany what you really meant was seismic activity moved him. My word.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Disagree or agree doesn't really change anything .

The Ukrainans aren't planning to let's push across a front 1300km long front

they set out to retake karkhiv - this they achieved despite experts on here saying it couldn't be done, they then moved on to Kherson the cut the Russians supply and logistics lines with surgerical precision,they have secured and reenforceed their lines and defensive positions, again the expert's on here said they couldn't take Kherson, Russia is entrenched,mines ,the greatest loss of life since WW1 , again the expert's on here were wrong,

Now it's oh I believe they got lucky well they didn't really fight,the Russians made a tactical withdrawal therefore the Ukrainans didn't win ,I predicted no they didn't predict it .

But that won't stop them claiming otherwise.

Post edited by Gatling on

Clearly your wasting your time here.

Whatabout this , whatabout that , whatabout.

You don't get to decide what and how it's discussed on here, Churchill Zelensky or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Whether you take a town or bypass it depends on who holds it & what threat they pose. Pockets will soon get isolated & surrounded. It's easier to let them starve than try to take them. You don't hold up a rapid advance & get bogged down especially when you are in your own country.

Neither do you but it didn’t stop you quoting me twice complaining about what I posted. Hypocritical again.

So you’re a Churchill apologist then and happy for Zelensky to be compared to a man who used chemical weapons on “unruly tribes” believed in racial superiority(sounds like Putin there) took aid from a famine stricken area and said they deserved it for being a beastly people with a beastly religion and deserved it for breeding like rabbits.

You’re happy for Zelensky to be compared to a man who set the Black and Tans in your own country who terrorised the population like the Russians are now and who wanted to use air power on us. You’re happy to compare him to that. Like I said you pick and choose the evil men you like, you don’t even care if they inflicted it on your own nation. Utterly Bizarre individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Wagner convicts(aka fodder) aren't present on all fronts. It could well be 5-1 in Bakhmut/Soledar but not across the front.

Ukraine has been on the attack in Kherson and around Svatove and Kreminna for months. As you pointed out the defenders have the advantage so the UA are probably taking pretty heavy loses there.

Your ability to misconstrue a post is truly incredible.

Up to 10-1 now? How is the front line stable with 10:1 kill ratio? The Ukrainians should be in Moscow at this stage. Ye are just taking random stats and jumping to all sorts of conclusions.

One thing that probably is probably affecting the stats is the low value that Russians seems to place on lives. Far more Russians that are injured are likely die. This is probably pushing up the kill ratio and skews the casualties ratio.

The tactics required massive mistakes from Russia. Could that happen again? Of course, but you shouldn't base your strategy on it.

Because it would be incredibly stupid to do it unless they have no other choice? If Germany had agreed to send the Leopard to Ukraine the only thing that would happening right now is the training of Ukrainians on Leopards. What is happening right now? The training of Ukrainians on Leopards. So German's indecision might have no effect(or at least a limited effect if Poland is training more than 14 crews) on the deployment of the tanks - assuming that they do agree in he coming weeks.

If Germany decides against it, which I don't think they will, then I am sure Poland will push ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

I wonder if the Ukrainians or Russians are aware of the brave souls fighting here on boards.ie

Beverly Hills, California

Rapidly followed by random experts on here telling us ,oh they didn't achieve much really,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Economics101

,Donegal is clearly obsessive about Churchill. Leave him to it, just ignore and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

The pro-orc camp would rather go down with the putler ship than ever admit to being wrong.

I am going to particularly enjoy their reactions when this war ends in a few months and President Zelensky is doing a victory parade in Sevastopol. I bet they will chalk that down to an orc goodwill gesture as well 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Rawr

Months? I love the optimism Bitcoin, and I’ve love to see it pan out this way, but months isn’t realistic. Couple of years, maybe, but not months. That said, I would be delighted to be wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I think the key for Ukraine will be the old German tactic of Blitzkrieg. It's a long front to defend & the Russian Command won't be good at quick decisions. Put out masses of false information about where they will attack

The Russians certainly seem to be aware, given their frequent visits.

Even tried to delete the thread at one point too

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭SteHam

I've been following this thread for a while and would question there being a "pro-orc" camp at all. A large large majority here are clearly in favour of a Ukrainian victory. You then have the odd person actually leaning the other way (rare), but most who are labelled "putinbots" etc. are usually just disagreeing with someone when they are labelled such, and I would bet are really disagreeing to be contrary.

There definitely isn't a battle for minds, this thread is pro-ukrainian with a handful of regular gatekeepers ready to "putinbot" their next opposing view.

Germany/EU not doing enough.

Putin not dead yet, eh?

Churchill blah bla blah

All (and many others) distractions where Putin being a Minus D strategist, psychopath, Gollum happy for his fellow citizens to be cannon fodder not being discussed. Don’t let the fukkers grind you down.

“The tactics required massive mistakes from Russia. Could that happen again? Of course, but you shouldn't base your strategy on it.”

No. But there are MANY MANY more mistakes Russia will make. Bet your bottom Ruble on it!

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

I remember that. Even did some kind of Simpsons joke about at the time :P

Suppose we should give a shout-out to the lads at Orwell Rd. at this stage. At least they try…very poorly

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Another poster that takes part of a sentence out of context and then waffles endlessly about it.

Original point

'Ukraine has had very limited success against well defended positions'.

Can you point out the well defended positions that Ukraine have been able to retake? Most of that 48% was retaken in a very short period with very few losses on the Ukraine side. So why not just repeat that again? Because the Russians have dug-in and it is a very different war than it was 5-6 months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

The orc horde are only capable of launching human wave attacks at this stage. Even the Ukrainian commanders are shocked at just how much meat the orcs were willing to throw at them.

Do you really think they are in a position of strength by doing this?

The orcs are well past the stage of catastrophic losses and nothing can save them. China are not going to step in. There are not 200k experienced and trained soldiers who can readily be mobilized. There are no tank factories in the Urals producing hundreds of tanks a week (they are lucky to produce 200 a year).

Sooner rather than later a Ukraine counter offensive is coming. Just like in Kherson and Kharkiv there will be a sudden and dramatic orc collapse. It'll be sped up by the fact that Ukraine have a lot of new toys that they never had before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement