Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walled Gardens, Celbridge

Options
  • 22-01-2023 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

Does anyone know much about the Walled Garden estate? It's in the Castletown estate in Celbridge.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Yep, generally small houses, smaller than your average 3 bed in neighbouring estates. 800 sq ft compared to average of 1000 elsewhere.

Possibility of a bit of traffic problems at certain times.

Apart from that, fantastic location if you like going for a walk with castletown parklands right beside you. Wouldn't be much in the way of social problems either. Mature estate.

Prices generally on the lower side for celbridge.

I'd certainly consider it if the actual house suits. Should be scope to extend any of them if you so wished.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DoomDaDa

Thanks for replying.

Yea, we have an eye on a house there and although small, it seems just right for us since we're not planning on starting a family for another while yet and would hopefully look to move before out-growing the house!

We read about some anti-social issue around the Walled Gardens area, albite posts were from a few year back, so wanted to check if things have gotten better since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

From knowing the area quite well, I'd imagine any anti social stuff was just isolated incidents rather than anything endemic in the area.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I think there were a number of incidents that all related to the same family. My friends were affected by it. I don't know if it has continued because they moved because of it. Speak to the neighbours before you buy.

The houses themselves are small but cosy, and in a great location for walks and access to the village and schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I remember the issues that estate had, as said above, it was one house. Bunch of drug dealers and they had their house raided many times. I think the major issue there was just all the cars coming and going. A mate of mine lived near there but moved at the start of last year (nothing to do with them) so no idea if there are still issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement