Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Only saw the last 10 minutes of the first half but Munster have looked good. Toulouse will always switch off. Munster just need to hold on in when Toulouse are pressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

Munster’s front row is playing really well and helping to keep us in the game. I think Fekitoa coming in might give us a bit of size because Toulouse are getting over the gain line easily in midfield. Leamy has done a terrific job with the defense. Munster need to stay with this for the first 10-15 mins because they’ve a big bench to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Silly from POM he was told not to do it as well before he even moved.

Fekitoa finally showing glimpses of what was expected of him.

Harsh not to give Munster the penalty on that scrum.

• Advertisement

Munster's try of the year surely.

That pass from Coombes out the back was sublime; Fekitoa making a huge difference.

Brilliant rugby.

BRILLIANT. Absolutely sensational stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Get the **** in Beirne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭LostArt

Brilliant try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭Shehal

Holy **** **** what a try!!! Hope to god they don't look at the offload from Coombes as it looked a little suspicious.

Looks like they wont.

• Advertisement

Part of the reason is he's a complete bottler under pressure which has been shown by missing 2 piss easy kicks now.

It's nothing to do with bottling the kicks. He took an absolutely phenomenal level of punishment out there today - virtually every time he touched the ball he got smashed after he released it.

That's not an excuse for missing 2 straight forward kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Coombes having a monster game, showcasing his skills and grunt.

Big last quarter coming up with the benches being emptied

Of course it is?! Have you ever kicked a rugby ball in your life? How easy do you think it is to get smashed multiple times a game, winded etc, and then get up and slot kicks?

He's probably an 88%+ accuracy kicker. There are lots of things to generally criticise him for, but his place kicking is very rarely one of them.

Toulouse back ahead 14-13, probably would take that in order to get out of dodge there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Really enjoying watching Munster today, best team performance in a while that I've seen.

Hope they hold on for the win.

That was a cynical penalty by not rolling away. He knew what he was doing. They've played casey after every pass too.

The most overrated 10 on the pitch for me in this game is Romain Ntamack. Too often it's hard to see where his big rep comes from, games just seem to pass him by. Multiple times he takes the pace out of a Toulouse attack by taking the ball too deep or standing still. He's blessed he's get to play with Dupont all the time.

And Munster back in front 14-16, great take at the kick off but almost made a balls of the attack but in the end got a pen so all good.

• Advertisement

Well im not a 37 capped international... I'd understand if they were difficult kicks but a test calibre 10 should be getting the kicks he missed.

Overall he isnt terrible but he has too many days like today in big games im afraid.

Carley is so slow to call the obvious in real time. He's been bailed out there again with the neck roll. It was clear as day 5 feet in front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,082 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Toulouse have been extremely direct in the Munster 22, which I find a bit odd given the backs they have.

He's a fantastic player but as a fly half I dont think he's all that, it works for France though as the 9 generally is the play maker over there.

Sensational 63 mins from John Hodnett today. He was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Lil Fred

Madness taking 3 there. Why not kick to corner and try for bonus point win. Would mean home game for next round. A win or loss here makes no diff

That's a harsh yellow to me. Penalty only was enough, clear mitigation there in what Dickson himself said.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Harsh indeed.

I do think its extremely harsh on players overall though, that in a fast moving situation, the contact point, that can easily depend on the height of the opponent, is nothing/penalty/yellow/red give or take a few inches.

How can any player be that precise in the noise and movement of open play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

John Ryan has probably been Munsters most important player. And they released him. The best tight head scrummager in Ireland, imo. Vastly under rated. I hope he kills it in kiwiville. Maybe he can tog out in blue next year! Lol.

Imagine keeping Stephen Archer over this lad.

Advertisement