Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I am sure they will give you a rundown if required, but they do expect you to watch a few vids/read up a little before collecting.

I know many of us here are used to EVs but the Tesla is not very complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,904 ✭✭✭✭josip

I test drove the MY, not to make my mind up (I already had), but I preferred to drive one of theirs at least once before I took delivery of ours. Although the YouTube clips can be interesting, what you are looking for is more likely in here https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/modely/en_ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

I did a quick test drive last summer and it was fine so I’m sure it will be like riding a bike.. it’s prob just the additional bits like cruise control and A/C using voice commands and maybe the general screen set up.

Like anything I’ll prob make a load of mistakes before I have a handle on it. Just hoping that the delivery does come in late Feb. That’s prob a bigger concern at the moment 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Even for a Luddite like myself, it was simples😁

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If you've driven a US rental you'll be fine as it uses their stalk gear approach

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

not at all....you look at the videos BEFORE you pick up if you haven't already done so download Tesla phone app ... there are many good vids which helps familiarise yourself Try not to stress...its all very intuitive

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Below is taken form Teslamotorsclub, latest shipping update, which shows things ramping up to get cars delivered by end Q1.

Some observations/guesses for everyone in Ireland waiting for orders

• Grande California is heading to Barcelona first & then Zeebrugge. It's heading through Suez Canal in the next few days, when ships pass through there VIN allocations usually happen, so if people see them popping up in next few days, this could be the boat with Irish orders. Due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 30th Jan, which would tie into some of the indicative mid/late Feb delivery dates. Think it is hopeful rather than likely Irish cars on this
    • Lake Kivu left China in last few days, due at the Suez Canal first week of Feb, good chance it could go direct to Zeebrugge. Can see cars arriving before March if they are on this boat
    • Dong a Glaucos - similar location to Lake Kivu just off China & heading towards Barcelona. Could then head to Zeebrugge like Grande California above, but unknown yet. This boat would probably tie in with mid March delieveries.

And all of the above could be totally wrong as it is guesswork 😂

Wednesday 18 Jan 23

It's getting busy!

HOEGH ASIA ETA Zeebrugge DELAYED to 24 Jan . Appears to have resumed her voyage to Le Havre ETA 21 Jan. The waves have subsided and the seas will continue to improve. Her speed will probably be slow at first but increase as conditions improve.

GOLD XING ETA Zeebrugge 29 Jan.

BOHEME ETA Barcelona 25 Jan Not believed to have many Teslas onboard.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Zeebrugge 30 Jan. Is currently anchored off Jeddah - reason unknown, duration unknown.

SEA HELLINIS Probably heading to Koper. If so, I estimate she should arrive there around 29 Jan although not yet showing on Koper arrivals board.

MSC IMMACOLATA ETA Southampton 10 Feb A very quick load at Shanghai South makes me think she may only have 2000-2500 cars at max onboard.

LAKE KIVU Departed Shanghai South for Suez ETA 03 Feb. No idea of final destination at the moment.

DONG-A GLAUCOS ETA Barcelona 09 Feb She is presently heading for Singapore. (Looks to be on same itinerary as BOHEME)

GRAND MARK ETA Southampton 19 Feb. Currently loading at Shanghai South.

Sorry missed Gold Xing above - currently in Suez Canal headed for Zeebrugge - should see VINS in next 48 hours if this has Irish cars

If anyone is really bored and want to watch a convoy going through the Suez, the northbound one (boat shapes) has just exited and the southbound one is waiting at anchor (circles). Red are tankers, green are cargo.

Just going through the Boat stuff online,, I need help 🙈. Seemingly for Ireland your car is shipped to Dublin via Zeebrugge.

Link for excel is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10Uh_GSkShwPPlrE5mOJcrkZ-T3NmLkLnTo6xqbdtaOI/edit#gid=0.

Boat current position is https://www.myshiptracking.com/?mmsi=247441300.

Dont shoot the messenger if im wrong ..😀

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm thinking that based on the Feb 20ish - Mar 09ish delivery range the CALIFORNIA is the most likely boat. Especially since its calling into Barcelona which will make it a few days later getting to Zeebrugge. The GOLD XING is a little too early I think to be our boat. I've gone from "can't get here soon enough" to "the later the better". The later the boat with the original orders (RWD) gets here, the better the chance of there being some/any information about the delivery dates of more recent LR orders.

Like yourself, it's all finger in the wind/guesswork stuff, but more fun than just sitting waiting for a VIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Delivery day is really just sign a few bits of paper / digitally and then you're on your way (It was quicker than picking up a rental car, I felt). The Intro videos on YouTube are really useful, and having a peek at those before going to pick up the car will answer many of the queries you might have, although the Tesla folks are grand for talking you through if you have questions.

Take your time on-site with the car before driving off, just to be sure you're happy with it. Some sites offer a checklist of things that you might not think of (e.g. https://proleep.com/blogs/tesla/2023-tesla-delivery-day-checklist). You mightn't need any of this, but it's handy to get them noted by Tesla on day 1 and they'll add any follow-up actions for your car (for example, mine was ex-demo and the wheels were kerbed, they fixed that without hassle - although, I've since kerbed them myself once or twice 🙄)

All the best with your new motor. Hope you enjoy it - one year in and we're still loving ours.

Thanks, bit of luck the delivery dates are achievable 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Just had a rep from Tesla call me regarding my cancellation of my first Model Y RWD order from last October.

He is going to process the refund but I took the opportunity to ask about my second order (Model 3 LR).

He said that he would be fairly confident that the new order will arrive in Q1. If not he believes that there will be a second shipment In time for Q2 to service the increase in orders since the price reductions were announced last Friday.

How confident am I about all this? I don't know as he also mentioned that they fulfill the orders based on order date, of which the consensus on here is that is not the case in reality. 🤔

Oh and the SEAI grant credit has now disappeared from both of my reservations for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭allinthehead

How is payment managed if you're paying in full?

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Natalie has been in touch, confirming finance details and looking for grant form signature.

As a matter of interest did your SEAI credit get removed from the payment section of your account?

Mine was there yesterday but I was contacted by a rep from Belfast with two forms to fill in regarding the grant so I'm assuming it will be re added as a credit after it processed.

Yes. Its included in the deposit price. She said to send forms back and once approved, the deposit will minus 5k then

• Advertisement

Video of teslas loading in Shanghai yesterday, gives you an idea of the scale of the operation. See if you can find yours 😂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op8M0FKqux8

All RHDs and they're off to the UK. There might be a few left over that the ship will bring to Zeebrugge for us 🙂

Sorry I mean within the app itself.

Yesterday, it had the SEAI grant included as a credit;

The above is now gone from my account for some reason. Maybe it will come back after the SEAI grant is approved.

Is yours rwd of lr? Im base with blue rwd and this is my price

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Normal.

The deductions will appear closer to the delivery. The grant and any trade in will appear then.

LR model 3. I cancelled my model y rwd today so maybe it somehow impacted the other reservation.

I basically went from two reservations, both showing the grant credit, to both not showing the grant credit, to the single reservation without.

Thanks for checking 👍

Thanks Gumbo

Yeah I'm presuming that they removed it until I return the grant form and it will reappear.

It's all a bit unnerving seeing these things changing in real time but I guess that's what you get with Tesla 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 27 KaisceComoly

Was on to Tesla today as figures in my account were incorrect. They did they only look at the order agreement figures and to ignore the account figures as there must be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭costin

In 2022 Q1 were relatively small sales in Ireland. In Q1 2022 were only 175 MY and 500 M3 delivered. Now with big orders for MY RWD even before Jan price reduction , there was a significant number of cars to be delivered here Q1 - over 2000 units. Tesla can't afford not to deliver for Q1 results. Price drop is strongly correlated with production and delivery capacity and not significant orders for Q1...

So a Southampton route with a Dublin drop should not be excluded! Grand Mark carrying only RHD vehicles will do a drop off in Singapore - RHD market. Also earlier in January there was a 2000 cars drop for Thailand (RHD) with deliveries starting there in February.

Will know more when VINs will start getting allocated. Were people with January planed deliveries for M3 in January. I assume those got the VIN so would be a good indication on what ship the car was on...

Advertisement