Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

Breaking news… the Allies have read 20Wheel’s post and have decided to stop backing Ukraine…

Further update… (it’s coming thick and fast now folks). The Allies are now backing Russia militarily… and have sent an envoy to Putin to ask (sorry mistranslation there) … have begged Putin to take over leadership of all NATO nations.

keep tuned for more astonishing updates… and all because of one post on Boards.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

this just coming in ...

Germany has adjusted foreign policy due to the pressure of basement warrior reeeeeeee's on social media.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Poland would have had Russia right at it's door if Ukraine hadn't stopped them. They get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The just announced joint manoeuvers with France and Germany on the Ukrainian border in Romania and Lithuania are going to be a hoot. Do you suppose they will be selling tickets, I feel like a holiday?

France and Germany will hold military exercises near the Ukrainian border.

The decision was taken today in Paris, where German Chancellor Scholz arrived on an official visit

The Franco-German joint manoeuvres will take place in Lithuania and Romania.

The Bundeswehr has been accused of hiding information about malfunctioning military equipment, according to Bild.

In December last year, all 18 Puma infantry fighting vehicles involved malfunctioned during a planned Bundeswehr training exercise. After that they were replaced by the older Marder BMPs. While the military leadership at the time blamed the manufacturer of the Puma combat vehicles, it is now clear that the failure was actually caused by the Bundeswehr, which forgot to send the BMPs in October for maintenance.

I have a cunning plan; Since France is dithering about sending Leclerc tanks, they should just do it as a diplomatic coup. Not having tanks anymore would make these joint manoeuvers less embarrasing as they would now match the Germans in not having tanks, and then maybe they could do something helpful, like get the Germans to all line up in serried rows and teach them how to move forward by alternately putting their left feet forward, followed by their right, all in unison of course. And once they had mastered that skill, they could show them how to fire rifles.

• Advertisement

If Ukr is to get Leopards, the counter offensive should wait. If not, or if doubt persists, they should go sooner rather than later.

Go ahead and tell me which part is wrong.

(ps your wprost meme is invalid by now, since Germany has already given the nod to Poland re the leopards)

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Eh maybe read the previous posts from the last 2 hours and try to keep up, indeed things have progressed even more since your 2 hour source

• Advertisement

Did we miss the UK getting nuked on TV and Ireland sinking with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,939 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ukraine should sell up, let the USA buy them out . Lets play Putin's game, '' this is now American soil, attack it and you'll be wiped off the face of the earth''

• Registered Users Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I don't think anyone outside of the Kremlin listens to anything the Kremlin says anymore, don't you?

The Russian emperor has had no clothes since about day 10 of the war. They have their nuclear arsenal, but given the NATO assurance of total destruction of the Russian military, if there is even the sniff of a battlefield nuke, I think we can say thats a bluff called. Besides, given the absolute state of the Russian military machine, I wouldn't want to be the one sitting by a nuclear missile pressing the button to launch, cos I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of it blowing up in the silo and even if that were just the rocket booster, it would leave a big unstable warhead sitting at the bottom of a fiery pit.

Now is the time to double down on the heavy weapon supply to Ukraine. All this inert time is giving Russia far too big an opportunity to reorganise its campaign for Spring, or even sooner. The initiative must be secured for Ukraine, no matter what the Russians try to do.

Poland and Britain and Sweden and Finland are to be commended for their unambiguous intent to send MBTs, they should be supported from across the free world with ammunition, fuel, support vehicles, FOB elements and drones to make them effective.

Talk must also now turn to formulating an air superiority plan to equip Ukraine with the aircraft and ground based air defence systems to completely command the air over the territory that they will regain as the counteroffensive continues into the south and east.

That Ireland is now implicated. It's been for a very long time already. I wager the chewing out by the Americans sorted this issue. Something like We will move our basses to Poland instead.

This situation. The leopards.

We are now implicated by Polands decision re; leopard tanks.

If Poland makes certain moves at this point our security is involved.

Your bit about American bases is some weird non-sequitur/digression. Care.

@Larbre34 I think the Russian military and people listen to the Kremlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,939 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump talked about buying Greenland, why not Ukraine, Zelensky should sell, for 1 dollar, have it internationally recognized as US soil. Then fill it to the neck with weapons, sell it back to Ukraine for 1 dollar in 2026

Since Ireland has no Leopards the point is irrelevant. Ireland is already Implicated as seen on russian TV.

Azerbaijan to double gas supplies to Europe, taking Gazprom’s share

January 20, 2023, 12:20

https://english.nv.ua/business/azerbaijan-to-double-gas-supplies-to-europe-taking-gazprom-s-share-50298826.html

Schadenfreude - I'm getting to quite like it.

• Advertisement

We don't have to send leopards.

Poland sends leopards, if Russia then makes some kind of response against Poland across the Poland/Kaliningrad border then EU common defense is involved. Ireland is now technically in an open conflict with Russia, the defense forces literally can be embroiled and expected to fight against Russia at that point.

Russian TV isn't a reflection on diplomatic reality. Some asshat making a gif about a non-existant superweapon stirring up a giga-typhoon that washes Ireland away is not to be conflated with real politics.

That's not how NATO works. If the Polish do not request full NATO support there is no automatic triggering of an Article in this case. An Attack on one member that requests NATO Troops is an Attack on all. Have you a link to this EU common defence Policy that drags everyone into a war.

We're legally bound to help as best we can, or legalese words to that affect.

Why are you telling me how nato works when I never even mentioned nato. Complete non-sequitur. Shoes go over socks. The capital of Italy is actually Rome. Sorry but I think you'll find there are 5 spice girls. Thats you that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Details details... Read slower till you understand what you read.

Those upgrades which are not paid by Czechs but by USA and Netherlands are meant for additional up to 90 tanks which will be sent from Czech Republic. Nothing to do with first deal which as other poster said was paid for by Germany.

And Ireland has an opt out of this treaty. I brought up NATO as it will be a NATO response not EU. The EU does not have an army.

Sounds good. Defence forces having to do what their name suggests - shock horror.

The Horde are not going to attack a NATO country, they are having more than enough problems with a small non NATO one they did stupidly attack.

The potential is still there. And it can be reasonably described as worrying. I know I'd be concerned by this unfolding situation if I had family in the DF.

I really don't care about nato in this particular context. I didn't say EU has an army. I don't know why you're dropping non-sequiturs.

Even that other post with the drunk Russian, I've no idea wtf that was about, yet it was a quote response to me. Allow me to respond with a map of Cameroon. And an ebay link to a tea-cozy. (if I was bothered).

Yeah some kind of hot conflict with Russia sounds good alright.

Jesus.

• Advertisement

We've heard this step-by-step alarmism for 11 months now.

"If we support sanctions we're a target for Putin"

"If Europe sends any arms.."

"If we send artillery.. "

"If we send Brimstones and HIMARS... "

After Germany and others send the more tanks, the hand-wringing will switch to the next longer range or heavier armament. And no, we're not blind to the threats from Russia, we're painfully aware of them, but also aware that Putin is invading Europe, slaughtering people, using energy as a weapon against us. Something that has to be countered with more than tiptoeing and handwringing unfortunately. This is his war on Ukraine and by proxy on all of us. He's counting on us showing weakness, which is all we've done previously, and which has ultimately led to this situation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement