Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Blanchardstown Shopping Center 2021 Updates?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Looks like the new Zara in the upstairs Debenhams unit will open on Thursday this week

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Daeltaja

Thought I heard somewhere that Zara Home would feature, but appears it's just clothes and accessories. Seems like a missed opportunity as they have nice (but expensive) stuff on the online store!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Glossy1

I heard/read that they're was going to be home features as well... Oh well...

But i suppose there's enough home features shops in around the centre, that they pulled away from doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yeah but there is a quite a brand loyalty around Zara, I honestly think their homewares would sell well over those from Next and Home Store & More.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

The new Flannels store seems to be due to open tomorrow (Thursday 8th) based on some of the notices on the electronic displays around the centre today. The hoarding at the front has been replaced by a slightly more stylised, but still obscuring, facade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It's a new shop to me, never been in one. I was buying a Mac Book on Black Friday, the day they opened. Really nice guy bent over backwards to try and match the deal Apple had on offer buying direct. He couldn't come close, but I give him 10/10 for effort. On the other hand, went into Harveys and Currys to see what they would do. it was like I was a bit of dirt on the bottom of their shoe.

Would highly recommend Shopping in Dom's Shop

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

Popped into Flannels new department store today. It looks very understated from the outside and you'd almost walk past it (minimal signage/ one small exit/entry door) if you weren't seeking it out!

It looks very trendy and contemporary inside but some of the prices were eye-watering! €200 for a tshirt, 600 for jeans and 900 or more for some jackets !!!

Do lots of people in the D15 catchment area have that type of disposable income? Even if I was on 200/300k salary or more I'd be reluctant to pay those sort of prices. Some of the menswear was really nice but mostly beyond my affordability unfortunately! Will be interesting to see if it does well longterm!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

I said it in this very thread when I was shot down over a tesco taking over from Debenhams, Blanch Centre going down the Dundrum route (paid parking be next)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I think Flannels will do well, there's plenty in and around D15 with such disposal income to buy from there. I had a browse around it and while some I think is overpriced, it's not beyond ridiculous.

One brand in particular, (that's now tainted like Burberry once was), Canada Goose, had a lot of people trying on their stuff.

yea was in Flannels the other day and thought it did seem to be a big Dubai Bling alright

first thing I noticed was the tiny door....

I guess it might be a way of making a quick escape a bit more difficult 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,360 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Flannels very notiony, but i suppose itll find its crowd very easy in Blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Nolimits

A Canada Goose jacket there I saw priced at €1049, people may be trying them on, but I'd say the number of people happy to drop over a thousand on a coat is pretty small.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭A Knight of Ireland

Canada Goose is now the jacket of choice for those standing around street corners pushing drugs. Definitely nothing worth aspiring to own anyway !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Was in the centre on Friday & see that Yours clothing is closing on xmas eve. V sad to see that go, it didn’t last long at all. The only plus size clothes shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I always wonder now when I see someone wearing that brand where the money came from assuming the stuff is genuine canada goose .I Think if someone bought me a jacket I would not like to be seen in one .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Was in the centre on Fri evening at 20:30 to purchase two vouchers in JDSports. First time in there but what a poorly run store, loads of staff out on the floor for not that many customers, customers were all queuing down the back at the tills. Only two staff manning the tills for a queue of approximate 30 people. I asked one managerial type woman could she not put more personnel on the tills and she advised they didn't have the staff, when I asked about all the workers out on the floor she said they weren't trained and when I asked could she not help out she walked off into the staff room. 20 mins to queue and pay for something as simple as a voucher and had to pity the two workers flat out operating the tills.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

I believe the store in question is part of a planning application to merge with River Island next door...presumably to make River Island larger.

Do the regular shops (Dunnes/M&S/even Penneys etc) not offer plus sizes too though? Otherwise where would all plus size shoppers get their clothes from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Tesco do some big sizes

After that you might get lucky with Lidl and Aldi then you're into independent shops (like one in swords)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Jimbo789

the tiny door in Flannels definitely is to slow people trying to escape with a Canada Goose coat or similar but it doesn’t look very effective from a fire safety aspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭raheny red

Not sure if already mentioned. Koffee & Kale gone into the Draiocht.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Online.

For men, finding 2XL is hard enough (and they're often tents that are shorter than XL so no use when it's height related), bigger is impossible but nearly all brands do make that size and sell online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Next usually have some pretty big sizes, I've seen XXL on sale, you can order larger sizes from their website and if you choose to pickup at the store you usually get it next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Next 2XL is one of the ones that can be quite short unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

Ate there today. Cheers.

Food was tasty.

There was a bit more trade than the previous cafe, but still a very quiet place. Its a great spot to get away from the hustle and bustle and always a spare seat.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Yeah I popped in a for coffee. Had the place to meself which was fantastic considering the carnage across the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Couple of swingers at the Liberty building today, must have been freezing.

Closing down "sale" in Sports World & Heatons, beside Argos. Going to be all change along there.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭bkeane

Talked to one of the Sales Assistant's there and it is only closing down for 4 weeks for a refurbishment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

They've been doing this for years at any store they refurbish. Prices barely change initially, but you will then see "extra 20% off" and then "extra 50% off" in the final week.

It then gets a fairly substantial makeover to one of the new formats - Sports Direct / USC or Sports Direct & Brand Max, or possibly Sports Direct, Brand Max & USC which they have in Carlow.

Advertisement