Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brimstone/Establishment what is it now?

• 03-09-2020 11:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Passed it earlier walking what the story with it now?
    Busy enough with all dressed up young ones roaring and shouting,music pumping, people dancing inside..people at the bar like a nightclub.How are they getting away with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭DrGreenThumb82

bigpink wrote: »
    Passed it earlier walking what the story with it now?
    Busy enough with all dressed up young ones roaring and shouting,music pumping, people dancing inside..people at the bar like a nightclub.How are they getting away with it?

It's called Dorsia now. Impossible to get a reservation there. There's a rumor you have to give the maitre d head to get in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

It's called Dorsia now. Impossible to get a reservation there. There's a rumor you have to give the maitre d head to get in.

Think that's film you thinking of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The same people have owned since it was brimstone and have never really made it work. They also struggled with a restaurant up on Hartstonge Street and their Funky Donuts Shop.

They’re clearly targeting an easy but trashy market now to get a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Anyone know why The Glass House failed when it was there? I haven't been there since it closed but that was a lovely spot for dinner & a few drinks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I bet Paul Allen could get a reservation there on a Friday night.

• Advertisement

Trashy is being kind of the crowd there the last few weeks
    And I see Limerick City Hotel is now a homeless hub and the Mcgettians bar part is advising book dinner for a DJ
    Imagine walking into those two places as visitor to Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I believe in taking care of myself, in a balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine.

ln the morning, if my face is a little pufffy, I'll put on an icepack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now!
    I bet Paul Allen could get a reservation there on a Friday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

I believe in taking care of myself, in a balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine.

ln the morning, if my face is a little pufffy, I'll put on an icepack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now!

Sorry but what the hell is your point?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The_Dave wrote: »

Google it, dude...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

The_Dave wrote: »

I did...american psycho apparently..never watched it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭DrGreenThumb82

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Check out the management responses to some of the most recent 1 star reviews on trip advisor.... hard to believe they actually responded like this ...

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186621-d5113335-Reviews-Establishment_Steakhouse-Limerick_County_Limerick.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

tommy249 wrote: »
    Check out the management responses to some of the most recent 1 star reviews on trip advisor.... hard to believe they actually responded like this ...

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186621-d5113335-Reviews-Establishment_Steakhouse-Limerick_County_Limerick.html

Ha ha class... obviously a disaster zone

Was told alot of "Culture" been there recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

went there for lunch one day - wont ever be going back.

Mc Love wrote: »
    went there for lunch one day - wont ever be going back.

How recent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

tommy249 wrote: »

Wow, great responses, also the positives are all newish reviewers always a warning sign to me on tripadvisor if you're new member with very few reviews its usually not genuine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Wow the reviews are fairly bad and the responses are disgraceful. I see Audi in Limerick had up that the owner of Skyline Bar was picking up his brand new S Line Audi A5. I was wondering where Skyline Bar was when j saw the picture. Looking at the reviews and the pictures of the food thrown out you'd have to wonder what's going on there.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Wow the reviews are fairly bad and the responses are disgraceful. I see Audi in Limerick had up that the owner of Skyline Bar was picking up his brand new S Line Audi A5. I was wondering where Skyline Bar was when j saw the picture. Looking at the reviews and the pictures of the food thrown out you'd have to wonder what's going on there.

I'm shocked Audi Limerick would want to be associated with the Skyline bar.Its well known they are serving serious scumbags in there since reopening also not following rules.Just walk past and you will see how bad it is.Who is the owner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I'm shocked Audi Limerick would want to be associated with the Skyline bar.Its well known they are serving serious scumbags in there since reopening also not following rules.Just walk past and you will see how bad it is.Who is the owner?

Just checked it there and it doesn't say specifically that he is the owner. But if you are buying a car like that you must be fairly high up in there. Usman Zaheer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

Wow 50k + car, business must be great :)

I say something if it was a top class place trading a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I see a lot of the Skyline main courses are €9, very convenient. I would imagine food is secondary then to the beers.

Cannot believe the responses to the Tripadvisor reviews, I certainly won't be going there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

Pretty sure owner is Keith Hennessy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

djdunny wrote: »
    Pretty sure owner is Keith Hennessy.

Previous owner (Brimstone) was Keith.
    He had a few others involved (and himself) when it was Establishment.

He’s no longer involved.

Was it sold or being leased?,
    I walk.past it every night...looked like a dodgy bar if see in London..grey tracksuit bottoms on guys

Was it sold or being leased?,
    I walk.past it every night...looked like a dodgy bar if see in London..grey tracksuit bottoms on guys

Sold... AFAIK

Hooked wrote: »
    Sold... AFAIK

Oh thought that was the unit next door?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnmcdermot

hi I walked past this place seems to be open does anyone know what it is now and who owns it or even what they do in there or what it’s called can’t see no name

• Advertisement

Think it kept the name establishment (not sure of it still does grub), though I've heard it referred to as Skyline Shisha Bar.... no idea who's running it. Have seen a fair few videos of late with 'young wans' thumping the heads off each other in there... LOL

Advertisement