Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland running out of accommodation for Ukrainian refugees due to surge in non-Ukrainian refugees?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The amateur who's controlling that twitter page wants religious segregation.

I suspect that post will get deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I presume her children didn’t destroy their passports on the way into Canada or Australia or wherever, because they would be back home with mammy if they did.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

And 100s of 1000s of new arrivals with no connection to Ireland will vote no to a United Ireland if it means any threat to their standard of living.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I see RTE have a story finally and state that three suffered "minor injuries" after a "disturbance"

They also noted that the facility originally had 370 there but now has 800 and 18 showers.

Why they have included facts that are not related to the "incident" seems bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I hate to be a party pooper, but the aggro in the two videos that have been published looks like 'handbags at five paces' stuff....a small number of people chucking a few chairs at each other. We've seen far worse violence at League of Ireland grounds in the last few years. It's hardly a surprise that the national media haven't even bothered to report it.

Not that long ago RTE had a 4 minute piece on Six One and again at 9 O’ Clock, about a dog attacking sheep.

But a mini riot at an overcrowded asylum centre, at a time when everyone in the country is talking about immigration, isn’t newsworthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Ah here, c'mon - there's been extensive reporting on the right wing protests outside the accommodation centres. There has been extensive reporting when those being accommodated are moved to a new location. In fact there has been lots of reporting around the whole accommodation situation, due to the huge strain it's under.

Therefore a large brawl at a major transit centre ought to be a main story.

They've been able to dedicate acres of coverage to that gobshite and his crusade against Wilsons, they should be able to cover an actual story properly.

Chairs thrown at each other in a large residential building, no arrests and three people taken to hospital with 'minor injuries' : how on earth would that be a headline story for the national media? There are people arriving into A & E every night of the week with injuries they have picked up in fights and assaults.

It’s literally a racist hate crime. Two ethnicities fighting each other because of their ethic background.

Hate crimes are normally front page news.

• Advertisement

RTE 'have' reported the incident btw, but it sounds like it was a relatively small scale disturbance involving a number of people - three people taken to hospital with minor injuries and no arrests.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

a dog attacking sheep would be thousands of euro lost to that farmer, just googled it and that report was probably about 50 sheep dead, another 20+ had to be put down, €12,000 loss... to one family.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,785 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Plenty of reports of US troubles on RTE, reports at 4am, normally the Oirish news stops at 10pm no matter what, complete crooked corrupt organisation unfit for purpose in bed with who knows while charging each home €160 a year to receive such filtered garbage.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0124/1350446-california-shootings/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Good to see people copping on with RTE

I saw the biased reporting during Covid & same thing here with refugees.

Propaganda Joseph Goebbels would be proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

You could come back to Ireland in a million years, when there isn't a Catholic left, and these types would still be blaming the ghost of Catholicism for everything.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Irish Nationalists are some clowns

A person using the name and picture of a freedom fighter arguing against freedom.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

When are the next elections?

What’s going on right now is insanity and every mainstream politician and media group has their hands over their ears going “la la la, everything is awesome”.

It’s far from awesome, it’s dire and if posters on here don’t think that immigration is being spoken about in most pubs, workplaces, cafes and homes across the country, then you’ve got your hands over your ears too.

If a party comes knocking saying they stand for controlled immigration, I’ll be voting for them. If there’s a few political party’s with it high on their agenda, I’ll vote for whichever one appears most popular in order to have my feelings heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Complains about allowing "Hate Speech", proceeds to say "F*ck you" to a person and fire accusations around. Lets not even touch the fact the irony in their choice of name and profile photo.

2023 Everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭thomas 123

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

What I would love to know is where are all the women and kids fleeing these war zones.

Are they staying at home fighting while all the young single men are fleeing to Ireland.

Should it not be the other way around.

City West a great venue for irish sports in the past is now a ghetto.

• Advertisement

City West a great venue for irish sports in the past is now a ghetto.

I used to live around the corner from it, and I remember during the time when it was officially being used for covid, there was an odd amount of non Irish newcomers in the area. I knew the state were lying to the people then, and that it was being both used for refugees and covid related stuff, yet officially there was no refugees there. What kind of country is this? Where the states takes your money, lies about what they are using it for, then suffers no consequences from that? Imagine doing that in the private sector? You'd get fired once it was discovered, and likely have some charges brought against you. If anything, it's just more proof of how deep corruption is in political Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

All the lefties, flag wavers and resident government mouth pieces have gone very quiet all of a sudden 😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭bloopy

I think they've upgraded the name recently.

It is not a ghetto, it is a 'transit hub' according to rte this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 LaoisWeather

Lucky [Khambule] added: "It's overcrowded, it is up to capacity. The Government should not keep putting people there.

"And remember, people don't have anything to do there - they are in one space 24/7. Things like this are bound to happen when you put a group of people from all different nationalities together."

Is Lucky trying to say then, that multiculturalism doesn't work? 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ah weren't we lucky that old Lucky came all the way from that warzone South Africa, where thanks to the end of apartheid there isn't racism anymore to tell us all how racist we are.

Of course we weren't racist years ago when we took in and gave a job to high ranking ANC members like Kader Asmal and when shop workers risked their jobs to boycott South African goods.

But we are almighty racists these days.

Isn't Ireland lucky to have him and his fellow South African asylum seeker Bulelani Mfaco in the Movement of Asylum Seekers in Ireland (MASI) to tell us how racist we are.

Jaysus I remember the days, 20 odd years ago, when South Africans used to have to suffer the indignity of applying for VISAs to get to live here.

And then they never even bothered telling us how racist we were.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭bertieinexile

As I mentioned earlier, it's worth keeping an eye on Fine Gael.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Kyokushin Grappler

I'll look up the video. I believe she said 500K [probably just embellishing for the audience]. Sadly it doesn't matter if it's 11K or 500K if they're still here. Our Immigration system is a joke and everybody knows it.

I’m very much on the fence , but I would consider the incident in city west as completely normal, the government hardly except such a diverse crew of political and religious to live together in a forced ghetto and get along like bff’s . It was bound to happen. It’s called tension and it builds up over time and then explodes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Too little much too late.

And then it is a half hearted mealy mouthed request.

Fook them, I wont vote for them until the current crop are gone.

They have simply done too much damage to this country.

At this stage I would even vote for a right wing nutjob clasping a rosary beads and carrying a copy of mein kampf.

The body politic, as in all the main parties, need to be shook up and if that means some very toxic despicable people have to be elected to shift the mainstream back to centre then so be it.

There needs to be enough votes for them to cause the rest to reset, otherwise they continue as is.

And if they continue much worse is coming down the tracks, because even in centrist little old Ireland people will have a breaking point.

Macron only started taking immigration seriously when Le Pen started getting close in the polls.

It has taken the election of a right wing party in Italy and right wing growth in Sweden for direction changes there.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement

Happened to get chatting to two council workers just there in North Sligo, while waiting for them to finish some work so I could get by them. There's a few acres of land beside a small village here not far from the coast, which the council were cleaning up recently. Most of us assumed it was going to be a housing state or something, but apparently it's going to filled with modular homes for refugees. Part of me hopes that they were talking sh!te, as I don't know what in world these people would do in this neck of the woods, as there's a shop, a pub, and not much else. There certainly isn't much work going, or even places to live for natives.

Advertisement