Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Looks like the cold weather has come to an end for now. As long as it stays dry I’ll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Drizzle all day here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Same here, a really miserable dark day. Good day for the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Day turned here around midday, fortunately got out this morning with kids on their bikes, did a 4km walk/cycle.

Been taking it easy since, watching a bit of NFL and off to bed soon.

Hope all having a nice weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Brought the kids to see avatar 2 in the iSense in blanchardstown yesterday ( very good btw) and on to Eddie rockets after as it was their birthday. That's 2 fast food meals in one weekend so I seriously need to draw a line under the bad eating now.

Pretty grotty looking day out there at the moment. Hate the monotonous grey skies.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I had a takeaway Friday, hotel stay yesterday and a takeaway on the cards tonight. Diet starts Monday. 👀👀

Sounds like a nice weekend @Loughc

Had a walk/cycle earlier and having a lazy Sunday afternoon. Might even get a nap in!!

@DvB you staying up later to watch your Cowboys?

Will give it the first half anyway. Not expecting a positive result but if we're still in it at HT I may have to make a judgement call.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

It's roasting this morning.I figured it'd still be chilly walking to the bus for 7 in the morning but I was roasting! I hope everyone is enjoying the change.

I've a handy enough start to the week. Fire training this morning then a team meeting and goal setting this afternoon. I'm off on Wednesday and next Monday so this week will feel manageable no matter what they throw at me.

• Advertisement

Yes, definitely much milder this morning just a bit damp. It's saying showers here today, seems to be either cold and dry or mild and damp these days!

Random days offs are good, was off last Friday and seems like a nice break from the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Very grey and damp here this am - am missing the bright mornings of last week. But it's the last full week of January so we've nearly made it. This day two weeks, it's a bank holiday and the week after that, it's the mid-term! The year is already flying by when you think of it like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Very foggy here in Cork this morning with multiple crashes already being reported. @CheerLouth, time is definitely flying when you put it like that.

Forgot about the bank holiday! Am off for the mid term week as well so lots of short weeks coming up, nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Nice bright start to the day here 😀 Met a friend last night and did a very slow 5k run with her so delighted with myself. Hoping to get out at lunchtime for a quick walk.

Sunny, mild and dry here as well. Nicest day, so far, in a while.

Same here, seems really mild as well, long may it continue!

I know we joke about this alot, but how is it still January? There's still a full week of it. Like surely this is week 7 of January at this rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I don't remember the last two Januarys, when we were in some sort of lockdown restriction, feeling so long as this one. On the plus side, each week does seem to be passing a little quicker than the previous one.

• Advertisement

Ah not really any fuss from me. We had our chances (defence played really well) and it was ultimately the offence that let us down, losing Pollard was a huge blow as it took the running option away & made it easier for the niners defence knowing we had to throw more than usual, this led to 2 interceptions that were real momentum killers. Similar to last year, the chance was there, the niners were there to be beaten but ultimately we didnt do it when we needed to.

At the end of the day we had the 6th best record in the regular season (with a tough SoS it should be said) and reached where we should have based on that, disappointed but not as gutted as i was last year.

Hope its a Bengals v Niners SB with a Bengals win.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Easter won't be long!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Nearly pay day- the 45th of January has really taken an age to arrive!

Happy 7th week in January.

I need February to get a move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I got mine today. It was badly needed, such a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I do miss the week before Christmas. I loved talking my dog for a walk and listening to Christmas FM.

You still can. Might just not be quite the same buzz of anticipation though.

• Advertisement

I don't get paid till 1st Feb, the change from the 25th to the 1st is still taking some getting use to.

Advertisement