Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Works perfectly I've found. Regularly drive up/down the M7 and M8 at night and always have autopilot on. Feels much safer than driving yourself.

Have never had a speed restriction due to visibility.

No dumb cruise that will drive you straight into a wall at 120 no.

There is adaptive cruise without steering, one tap on right stalk as opposed to two taps for autopilot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The current system is patchy, on my young ones drop off there is around a 50m stretch without lines (been like that for years) and the car throws wobbles of beeps with tugs to the right towards the centre median so I have everything turned off on that stretch.

I also get phantom breaking on the motorway a few times, one a few weeks back where it went from 120 to mid 80s and threw us all forward/back in the seat, that was by far the worst. I put it down the low sun we were driving into.

I had AP1 (2015 Model S) for two years and it was faultless, took that stretch without lines no problem and never phantom breaking.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Ryano87

Hi folks,

Im still a little on the fence. The Y is undoubtedly fantastic value for money now (local dealer quoted me €66k for a Kia ev6!) So I'm quite close to pulling the trigger on the Model Y (my missus is sold on it just yet!)

@unkel and @Gumbo how are ye getting on with selling your current cars on Donedeal? I've a car up at the moment very cheap and getting plenty of hits but no bites so I have that to consider. Also with a lot of people changing to the LR after the price drop I think there will be a few spare white SR Y's still available.

By the way... All the talk of the parking sensors... I drove the one in Sandyford and found it easy enough to manage with the screen guidance.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

I must be an outlier then having driven for 20 years with the dumb cruise and not managed to hit anything. 🙂 My days are probably numbered now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’m not selling my current car so can’t answer that unfortunately.

But when I do sell cars I use donedeal all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,370 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

@slave1 - I have never had my autopilot (V3) phantom brake. Maybe it's more of a thing that Model 3 / Model Y do, and not so much Model S / Model X?

@Ryano87 - car up on DoneDeal and adverts.ie now, not had any calls. It's a hard sell in Ireland though, a private sale car worth over €40k. Traders won't touch any cars now unless they can get them dirt cheap and / or have a serious buyer lined up already. And 99% of the people in the market for a €40k car, buy new and with finance / PCP. I never had any illusions about that. For the craic I submitted my car to Tesla too, let's see what sort of ludicrous value they (well their traders) come up with

Obviously, if I don't sell my own car first (for very close to my asking price), I won't be buying any new Model Y. Luxury problem though, keeping my Model S for another few years most certainly is not a punishment! 😁

That stretch of motorway where it happened was straight into rising sun, no clouds, and wet roads, road was like a mirror

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

tesla vision is CRAP. Capital C capital R capital A capital P. S and X are not as badly afflicted, but by god the tesla vision based AP is so so so bad compared to AP1 on my S and AP2 on my X. Terrible. This has to be one of the worst inventions of Tesla to date.

I will not be buying another unless and until they roll this back.

@ELM327 - AP2 is very similar to AP3 on the Model X / S, no?

Perhaps the phantom braking is just a Model 3 / Y issue so?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes, I had an S100D as a loaner which had AP3 and the only difference I observed was more cameras, the behavior was similar. I did see some phantom braking in the S100D and X but nothing compared to the crap in the model 3. Anyone ordering who is doing so based on tesla AP from 1-2+ years ago, dont do it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭supue

I've a Model 3 RWD and did a test drive of the Model Y RWD last Friday. All good re drive, didn't seem hugely slower than the Model 3 RWD and is plenty fast enought for anyone used to a 2 litre diesel. I was surprised at the limited view via the rear view mirror, a slight inconvenience, nothing major. The mirrors are a bit of a love/hate for me on the Tesla, I miss blind spot warnings and the built in blind spot view I've grown used to over the years as the double-check of mirrors and dashboard camera isn't as handy when changing lanes (I can't condition myself to use the screen exclusively).

Re the drive or suspension being harsh, nothing to complain about here - I've had stiff suspensions on my last few cars and the wife's car is on 20 inch low profiles, so I'm probably used to a slightly harsher ride. The lack of distance sensor wouldn't be a huge issue with my commute - saying that, I nearly caught the back of it parking as I forgot they were gone and was expecting the distance to pop up on screen. Big difference in space versus 3, would come in handy for longer trips. Much nicer car in the flesh also, although still prefer the sportier look of the Model 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brian Michael

Did anyone else get an update on their delivery time slot today? Mine changed from 21Feb - 6 Mar to Feb - Mar today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

No change so far for us, still showing

Feb 21 - Mar 09 for the RWD ordered in November.

Feb - Apr for the LR ordered on Jan 13th

Thanks, I’ll keep an eye on it and let you know if any changes. Must be some update going on in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

I did from 23 Feb - 11 Mar and now back to Feb - Mar (3 LR in white).

Incidentally my original order deposit refund of Y RWD is being processed so should get it back this week.

No change

17 feb - 5 mar for the blue one ordered Fri 14th Oct last year

23 feb - 11 mar for the black one ordered Fri 13th Jan

Are posters seeing changes to RWD orders originally made last year that you subsequently changed in January after the price reduction?

@unkel when did your LR order delivery dates change from Feb-Mar to 23-11 ?

Mine was a RWD ordered in Oct, but updated to Induction wheels on 13 Jan following price reduction. @Im_No_Superman from memory I think you had amended your Oct RWD order to Induction wheel too (sorry if wrong on that)?

Interesting, I was thinking if any were going to be pushed out it would be the LR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Original RWD order was actually 20th Dec and then amended to include induction wheels on the 13/14th Jan.

He didn’t order a LR.

2x RWD.

seemly he’s joining the 2 to make an AWD 👀

No change on mine.

Estimated Delivery: February 21 - March 09

RWD ordered in October. Changes grey to white in November and then RWD to LR after price drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

No change still feb 17 - march 5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

No change February 23 - March 11 for orders created on January 18th. Also no value for the trade in car.

I'm the same, three email reminders and nothing on trade in value, I have a strong idea what they will quote me but I still want to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Finally got my trade in offer today and was very surprised it wasn’t a total low ball (ID4) as expected from them. Offer expires 23rd Feb with expected delivery 21st Feb - 9th March.RWD white ordered back in Oct.

• Advertisement

would be nice if Tesla would let us know so, easy database email to all those requesting trade ins, only reason I uploaded the photos was because a guy from the Belfast SC emailed me and asked me to

Advertisement