Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical officer in the Civil Service 2022 (Dublin region)

Options
  • 15-01-2023 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Decided to put this up for the 2022 CS campaign Dublin region.

I placed high 1900's So not expecting to get called.

Have many people here been interviewed yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Hopefully gonna know in the next week or two where I'm placed

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Charliesha92

Hey I was in last years panel my OOM was 1069 and my interview wasn’t till the end of April so just be prepared it might not be for another few months. After I passed it took from May till start of August to get through clearance , vetting and references until my starting date in August. It’s such a long process.

This time I applied again in hope I’ll switch departments as I am unhappy in my division in Revenue. My OOM was 190 and hoping to to find out my new department in the next 2 weeks like the comment above this. We are batch 1 of candidates interviewed in December.

Good Luck 💪🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sunshine_and _rainbows

I’ve heard low 500s have been interviewed already. My OOM is the 500s and I’m hoping to be called for interview in February 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bichonfrise7

Sent in last Tuesday - did it two times a year ago and took a week so expect it to be finished Monday/Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 bichonfrise7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

I'm just posting this to keep things updated and not to get it confused with the other thread, unless the email went to that campaign too?? Anyway...

Subject: Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2022 - Dublin - Expression of Interest

Further to your application for the Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2022 - Dublin competition, vacancies have arisen in Dublin Port with the Department of Agriculture, Food & the Marine as a Clerical Officer Portal Inspector (COPI).  Details of this vacancy can be found in the link below:

https://www.publicjobs.ie/restapi/documents/COPI_Dublin_Port_Info_2022.pdf

If you wish to be considered for interview for this role please email CO2022@publicjobs.ie expressing your interest by 9am on Friday, 20th January 2023.

Should you express an interest in the above position and are invited for interview, you will no longer be considered for other vacancies that may arise throughout the course of the Clerical Officer 2022 – Dublin competition and will only be considered for a Clerical Officer Portal Inspector role. However, should you express an interest and your place on the panel not reached, you will remain on the panel to await Clerical Officer 2022 - Dublin vacancies.

Please note, as the duties in each Border Control Post may involve considerable movement around the port complex, the Portal Inspector will be required to have access to their own means of transport.

Vacancies are filled as they arise.  Placement on a panel is no guarantee of appointment to as position. 

It did go to nationwide campaign from last year as well

When did you get the email - not something I would be interested in, I'm done with any kind of shift work even with the bonus and the amount of responsibility with the job seems very low paid TBH

Oh right, wasn't sure if was sent to both or not. I got that email about 12 today. Yeah, likewise, zero interest in the shift and weekend work. Hopefully PAS fills the positions with these emails.....

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭elfie123

does anyone know what the wage is after tax and pension contribution? I know the wage is €509 a week, just not sure how much the obligatory pension deduction will be ?

• Advertisement

My pension is like €15 euro a week it says on my payslip.

With USC, PRSI and Lump Sum Pension I come out with €450 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭elfie123

Thanks @Charliesha92 ! How are you getting on in this competition? My Garda vetting is done now & I just need to send on my reference from my employer! Dying to find out where I’m placed haha

Just got word today. I am being sent to the Department of Justice. Clearance emailed me and asked me to fill out extra security clearance. Some departments require special security clearance and that can take 2-3 months. Hopefully I won’t be waiting that long .

I got that email today exactly 1 week after clearance received my reference and employment details so hopefully you won’t be waiting long to find out too.

Thanks for the update - I'll be furiously checking my email next Tuesday 😁

Best of luck in the new job when you start and hopefully it works out better for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Totally Red

Hi there up as far as 539 in the oom for interviews for those wondering :)

Nice one for the update. Wow, wasn't expecting that. When's your interview? Very best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Totally Red

Ye there flying along my friend applied this year I applied in last years comp I am a nearly a year in and really enjoy the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

Pretty quick, my friend and I were very recent and we were both low 300s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

My clearance is fine, sent my current jobs work statement 30 minutes ago, hoping to hear soon.

What OOM range were you, think they've just requested my reference from work

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MWManifest2023

Hi All

I had my interview today , I placed 299 in order of merit, a couple of questions (apologies if asked already , I did look through the chats but cannot see answer) how soon after the interview will I hear if I pass / failed interview stage.

Before they ask you work for references do you know where you will be place, don't want to upset the applecart at work unless I am fully going for this, and it does depend on the location of the job / department.

Thanks

About a week after the interview, they shouldn't be contacting current employer, unless civil service, until a job offer and the okay from you

All my references have gone in I have no idea where I'm going yet so your current job may need to be made aware of this before you find out what dept you got.

How long ago was your interview? Estimate if you don't want to give the date

Been a couple weeks, just got the email telling me I passed the interview and placed on the panel :) gotta do checks now

• Registered Users Posts: 12 steveng411

I had my interview last Thursday and haven’t heard back! Has anyone else not heard back? I am starting to stress

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MWManifest2023

I had my interview on Tuesday and found out the next day / yesterday that I was successful.

Further to confirmation yesterday that I successfully 'reached the qualifying standard at Stage 2 interview and are now placed on a panel for Clerical Officer 2022, Dublin' I have a quick question , I need to give 2 months notice in work but its feels premature to initiate this until I am sure when I will hopefully get a start date / notification of when and where I will finally might get placed.

Do I return the Garda E-Vetting Form, Candidate Self-Declaration Form,  ID documents and proof of address, proof of citizenship as per citizenship, statements of employment for non-civil service employment, and await further communication on the understanding that once I receive confirmation of my CO role that I will then have to work out 2 months notice for my current employer ( I am working there 19+ years)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Alatriste

I had the interview on Tuesday and got the good news yesterday. I was surprised at the quickness of it and surprised at the good news given that I have been unsuccessful with the same schtick for Clerical Officer jobs over the last year or so. You have to send back the form by Jan 30 so do it. I was on a panel with an etb for 8 months before I got called up so it could be a while. Two months notice seems a tad excessive btw. I'm sure there will be no problem

Advertisement