Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭vafankillar

yeah current one is the 'ultimate spicy nduja sausage pizza'. wasn't as many since the whole pandemic thing, but before that dominos were kinda like mcdonalds doing limited edition pizza, sides, desserts etc quite regularly. definitely more than the other pizza places.

infact pizza wouldn't usually be my take away of choice, but dominos often brought out a limited edition so good i'd be ordering it every weekend until it was unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Camile is confirmed for Maynooth too. Delighted with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

Nutmeg

Anyone any idea when, or if, Nutmeg will reopen?

Miss their coffee and scones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭wally79

Just asked in a shop beside Nutmeg

closed for 3 months minimum

Electricity costs was the reason I was told but I have no backup for that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Pity about Tesco closing hours. It was great to have somewhere big opened that late.

As mentioned above, Applegreen is 24hr (from the hatch) and so too is the Foxhunter down the road (full shop open). The Foxhunter also have an all-night hot food bar (I think it might close for an hour around 4/5am for them to clean it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Amber Tree seems to have remained closed after their Holidays break as well, the sign on the door said closed till January 15th, but it's still closed (or at least was on Friday and Sunday when I walked past).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

They were nice (especially owners/staff) but decor was a bit bland and I hate not being able to SEE the food before I order in this kind of place .I think they were going for an older sort of clientele in a 'young'(ish) town

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

There are a lot of posh feckers with Tesla's in Maynooth now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

Yeah but theyre not ancient ones which seemed to me to be the clientele Nutmeg was catering for .Maybe they will return but its a cruel market right now for new cafes with esb bills and the lack of staff(willing to work for peanuts).Willow and Wild in Leixlip seem to have finally got going and are nice .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Volkswagen electric jeep is the new Maynooth Tesla, last year there were loads of Tesla's, this year it's all about the VW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Teslas are shite though. And most of them were the secondhand cheap models.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Emmas in Supervalu is occasionally randomly closed due to staff issues also, so there can be days where there's a massive reduction in cafe tables in the town.

We'd already lost the Tesco and The Range in-store cafes, poor as they are (and Twist some time before). Costas 1+2 plus Nutmeg being bigger than Bonbon are the only extras added in some years; and Costa isn't somewhere I'd even think of going for breakfast!

The VW's have more room in the back for the pet poodle.

Coffee Mill is good but always wedged.

Elite despite some reservations is actually good and really reasonable but I understand why some wouldn't go near it.

Shoda is shockingly over priced. Scary.

The Coffee Van at Yeh Burger does nice coffee but wouldn't be a place for breakfest.

Ye can't beat a McDonalds Breakfest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

On sunny days it's hard to beat a coffee and crepe from Lily's. Nice and cheap, decent quality, and outdoor seats (albeit right on the road)

The coffee in McDonalds is surprising good and only two fiddy. A coffee in Costa is nearly as much as an entire McDonalds breakfast.

Mickey Dees best Americano by far. Also porridge is tasty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭NetworkOrange

Yeah, I'm weak when it comes to their biscoff ice-creams. Cant resist getting one if I walk by.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

For a cheap coffee I occasionally use the Starbucks in the university library (I'm not a student, but I think it's subsidized or something), must be the only Starbucks in the country where you can get a flat white under €3

• Advertisement

Ohh yeah I always assumed that place was for students only. I must try it someday.

nah it's just in the main foyer so anyones welcome

the moyglare village store looks like it's completely gone now & replaced with some sort of housing or apartment type amalgamation. probably make more than a shop anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭granturismo

Nicest americano I've had recently was in Meridian, I dont know if they do takeaway. An americano from the Coffee Van near the castle wasnt as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭bemak

PERMITTED NORTH ELEVATION. "5" in the drawing above refers to "self ulluminated signage lettering, colour white". Hard to see in the scan. However what you can see is the horizontal dimension of the signage behind the number 5 on the drawing. Looks like a third of the length of the canopy. If that.

As built north elevation below. That signage wouldn't comply with planning in my view - unless it was agreed with the council via compliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭bemak

This 3D view would seem to suggest that the signage should be located below the canopy, not on top. The other elevations in the file would seem to support this placement also.

I actually don't mind the location of the lettering, but I do agree that its far too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Anybody any idea of a potential opening date of the Camille or Dominoes? Swung by last weekend and they looked like empty units with nothing going on inside…

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Camile had a Facebook competition which said it would open "in the coming weeks", so they seem to think it's close

Like you say though, the units are empty, so they may have been a bit optimistic there

there's a good bit of working going on inside the one closest to o'briens, which i assume is the dominos, other two are barely touched.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Went to Falo during the week.

The pizza is decent.

I wouldn't eat in again, for now, though. They have the wood oven exhausting in to the extract hood that was there from the burrito shop and it isn't working. So we both smelled of wood smoke. Which I'm sure is probably quite dear if you want it as a perfume.

Also, the pizza chef slamming down dough balls is VERY NOISY in such a small place

I'll get pizza off them again probably, but as takeout.

It's a bit retro that they have a phone number and no online presence, but they had a constant stream of customers regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Completely agree with regard to the smell. However they don't use a wood fired oven.

Advertisement